Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 12 Feb 2009, 23:31 (Ref:2396481)   #301
TWK
Veteran

TWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_b
while unlikely this were to happen, the team name could associated to whoever Audi assigned it to. For exammple, Audi Sport UK has been Richard Lloyd Racing (BTCC), Arena (02,03) and Velox (04)
And, Andy, in North America, Joest and Champion Racing. That's the same "assignment" as was done by Audi Sport UK. It's just been mostly Champion. As we see in the UK, there is no reason it has to be that way.

Is another team (other than Joest, which will carry that banner at Sebring this year) unlikely? No reason to say it is...or that it isn't. Racing at all in the ALMS beyond Sebring...that's the "unlikely" part.
Old 13 Feb 2009, 00:17 (Ref:2396491)   #302
FLGTFAN
Racer

United States
Naples, Florida
FLGTFAN has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
So do the likes of McNish, Kristensen, et al, get paid the same to run three endurance races as opposed to season-long endeavor(s)?
Old 13 Feb 2009, 00:23 (Ref:2396494)   #303
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLGTFAN
So do the likes of McNish, Kristensen, et al, get paid the same to run three endurance races as opposed to season-long endeavor(s)?
I would imagine so, since they are audi factory drivers. But I guess I don't know the details in their respective contracts.
Old 13 Feb 2009, 04:56 (Ref:2396569)   #304
cdsvg
Racer

Australia
cdsvg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
New pics - http://www.mulsannescorner.com/newsjan09.html

Thanks for the updates, Mike
Old 13 Feb 2009, 05:11 (Ref:2396571)   #305
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdsavage
New pics - http://www.mulsannescorner.com/newsjan09.html

Thanks for the updates, Mike
complete with illustration (which I need to update-rear overhang)
Old 13 Feb 2009, 08:04 (Ref:2396618)   #306
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!

(updated) I had some good reference for this, so thanks to those individuals
Livery is my guess, based on the test graphics and 2008 livery

Last edited by andy_b; 13 Feb 2009 at 08:06.
Old 13 Feb 2009, 09:13 (Ref:2396660)   #307
gustavobamba
Veteran

Portugal
Viana do Castelo
gustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sorry the off topic

Hello Andy, am I forgiven???

Very nice job.

by the way I´m designing a Le mans mercedes (coupe) and i like, when ready, that you comment, this time i will do it by my one imagination.....
Old 13 Feb 2009, 10:01 (Ref:2396688)   #308
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
sure
Old 13 Feb 2009, 11:47 (Ref:2396744)   #309
LeManske
Rookie

Belgium
LeManske should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Off topic, I'm sorry!

To Andy: First off, Impressive Work on the R15 and the Spotter Guides last year! Which guides are you going to make this year?

Back on topic Wow, compared to the R15 even the Peugeot looks "normal".
Old 13 Feb 2009, 12:28 (Ref:2396774)   #310
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
They had Crocodile dundee for the R8 . What about one of these for the R15 then !!!

http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/...te-shark-1.jpg

Anyone brave enough to try and do a graphic like this one on the R15 ? lol ..... its even got its own roll hoop too , and you could use your imagination and have little pilot fish on the intakes !!! And the gray would even suit the Audi livery .

Any know where the exhaust is on it yet ?

Last edited by The Badger; 13 Feb 2009 at 12:33.
Old 13 Feb 2009, 12:40 (Ref:2396787)   #311
FGE
Rookie

Germany
Lüneburg
FGE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Behind the step / cooling exit in the engine cover - my guess.
Old 13 Feb 2009, 13:35 (Ref:2396834)   #312
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
First official pic is up here in high res. Only one image so far.

http://www.racecar-engineering.com/n...-revealed.html

It looks very unfinished - look at the tape on the rear wing endplate, the rear wing support uses a similar solution to the Acura - not sure thats been commented. The two little humps with holes in ahead of the cockpit are interesting too.
Old 13 Feb 2009, 13:39 (Ref:2396838)   #313
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audi Racer
The more i try to think about the front end of the audi R15 the more it makes me think that that the front end may resemble the front end of the Riley Daytona Prototype. with audi A4 headlights and an Audi Grill
After all you were not as far off the mark as one would've initially thought....
Old 13 Feb 2009, 13:47 (Ref:2396853)   #314
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss_collins
The two little humps with holes in ahead of the cockpit are interesting too.
Maybe a sensor or a quick adjustment hole ?

If thats tape on the rear wheel arch , which I dont think it is , maybe its blade tape that they use to slow down stone damage ?

Last edited by The Badger; 13 Feb 2009 at 13:52.
Old 13 Feb 2009, 13:54 (Ref:2396862)   #315
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Wow, that is an out-there design, I would go as far to say its more unique than the Acura.

I really like the black and grey. It'd be nice if that was kept and they steered away from the usual for a change.
Old 13 Feb 2009, 14:06 (Ref:2396877)   #316
protopuma
Racer

protopuma should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like air flows out of the nose not only over the Shell logo but also behind it. Also the two humps with holes in them, if all else fails use machine guns?
Old 13 Feb 2009, 14:10 (Ref:2396882)   #317
cdsvg
Racer

Australia
cdsvg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks fantastic, I was worried we were just going to see another pointy nose with detached front fenders. One interesting detail in that hi-res shot, it looks like the two planes joining the nose to the front fenders are not symmetrical, on one side it looks concave, and the other one convex. Can sort of see it in the other shots, too. Would that be some kind of track-specific aero setup thing?
Old 13 Feb 2009, 14:12 (Ref:2396885)   #318
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!
I do not like LED of the headlight.
This LED is a useless decoration for the advertisement of Audi !
Old 13 Feb 2009, 14:16 (Ref:2396887)   #319
FGE
Rookie

Germany
Lüneburg
FGE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If it is advertisement for Audi, it´s not useless.
Old 13 Feb 2009, 15:11 (Ref:2396907)   #320
tlracing
Rookie

tlracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Superficially the frontal treatment looks very like the WR LM04:

http://www.mulsannescorner.com/WR-BC3.jpg
Old 13 Feb 2009, 15:13 (Ref:2396910)   #321
92scotland
Racer

United Kingdom
92scotland should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid92scotland should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Slightly confused about what are on the front of the roll hoops. Could it be lights or something? The rear lights extend along the top of the wing as well I've just noticed
Old 13 Feb 2009, 15:27 (Ref:2396917)   #322
Stefvh
Veteran

Belgium
Stefvh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ictures are becoming clearer and clearer.
Old 13 Feb 2009, 15:38 (Ref:2396926)   #323
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
WMUCarGuy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

http://www.racecar-engineering.com/n...-revealed.html

It looks very unfinished - look at the tape on the rear wing endplate, the rear wing support uses a similar solution to the Acura - not sure thats been commented. The two little humps with holes in ahead of the cockpit are interesting too.
I'm pretty sure the "tape" on the rear wing endplates are juse the brackets that allow them to adjust the wings angles.
Old 13 Feb 2009, 16:10 (Ref:2396944)   #324
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
How come official?

Last edited by deggis; 13 Feb 2009 at 16:19.
Old 13 Feb 2009, 16:44 (Ref:2396970)   #325
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMUCarGuy
I'm pretty sure the "tape" on the rear wing endplates are juse the brackets that allow them to adjust the wings angles.
Looking at the big side image I have, the tape appears to be holding the bottom of the lights in position. The front is certainly interesting given Sam's new image.

Myself and Mike debated if there was an air outlet at the front of the side pod (inside the vertical plane). That area is very dark in the photo Sam posted, so maybe thats another intake,,,but that seems excessive.

btw- had a couple of emails asking for a bigger version of my little drawing, a few posts back - you can grab it here.

Last edited by andy_b; 13 Feb 2009 at 16:50.