Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 19 Jun 2005, 17:39 (Ref:1333042)   #1
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It's days like these......

.....that make me feel ashamed to be a fan of this sport.

How hard is it for these people to come up with a common sense, no-brainer decision FOR THE GOOD OF THE SPORT?!?

There are millions of fans waiting for this, thousands at the track and this is how we are all treated. Absolutely disgusting.

All I can say is that I'm glad these days don't come that often.

They might yet come up with a decision, but even if they do, this episode is catastrophic and destructive.
Old 19 Jun 2005, 17:41 (Ref:1333047)   #2
Irv the Swerve
Veteran

Irv the Swerve should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If it leads to a change in the rules or a change in the structure or the hierarchy, then it'll be worth it.
Old 19 Jun 2005, 17:42 (Ref:1333049)   #3
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Why should the rules be changed?

It's Michelin who have messed up?

Having said that, getting a chicane in would be in the best interests of the sport.
Old 19 Jun 2005, 17:43 (Ref:1333055)   #4
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
No rules need changed, we just need a bloody chicane!

As far as I'm concerned, they could make the Michelin runners ineligible for points, but I want a race.
Old 19 Jun 2005, 17:46 (Ref:1333059)   #5
Irv the Swerve
Veteran

Irv the Swerve should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Allowing refuelling but banning tyres changes was bizarre from the off....then again, the rules have been getting increasingly bizarre for years, the racing has suffered, this ridiculous situation of Michelin not being allowed to bring in different tyres over the weekend has arisen because of the rules.....Ralf crashed on Friday, it's two days later and we're going to have the silliest Grand Prix in memory - in the USA, at Indianapolis.

Heads have got to roll.
Old 19 Jun 2005, 17:47 (Ref:1333063)   #6
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Bernie seems totally oblivious to how wrong this all is!
Old 19 Jun 2005, 17:48 (Ref:1333065)   #7
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Heads will roll.

Michelin's heads.

A control tyre will be definite for 2006.
Old 19 Jun 2005, 17:52 (Ref:1333074)   #8
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicking-back
Heads will roll.

Michelin's heads.

Good idea enough allready! Do you see that Stoddart is right in the middle of all the yack action.
Old 19 Jun 2005, 17:55 (Ref:1333075)   #9
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
What a sad day.... Michelin have screwed up big time and millions of fans whove looked forward to the race will be denied...
Old 19 Jun 2005, 17:56 (Ref:1333079)   #10
mattmarvell
Rookie

mattmarvell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Heads will roll.

Michelin's heads.

Shame they can't make tyres that roll
Old 19 Jun 2005, 17:58 (Ref:1333081)   #11
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
DavidStHubbins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is this the dregs of Formula 1 twirling down the toilet?! Will we wake up tomorrow to see only a curly black hair in an empty bathtub? Find out in the next 24 hours!

I love watching Bernie flitting around like mother with too many naughty children....
Old 19 Jun 2005, 17:59 (Ref:1333083)   #12
Kicking-back
Veteran

It's Michelin's problem, so there's no reason to criticise Bernie or the FIA.
Old 19 Jun 2005, 18:06 (Ref:1333100)   #13
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
That is it for Formula1 in the USA.....over!
Old 19 Jun 2005, 18:08 (Ref:1333104)   #14
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
I think for the benefit of those who paid to watch, the FIA could've built a chicane.
Old 19 Jun 2005, 18:09 (Ref:1333108)   #15
paulSenna
Rookie

United Kingdom
London
paulSenna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rest in Peace...

...F1.

It was nice knowing you. There were some good times.
Old 19 Jun 2005, 18:09 (Ref:1333109)   #16
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Its not directly related to the rules, but this ludicrousness situation will force F1 to introduce the more driver friendly, fan friendly F1 regs in 2008.

Forget petty squabling, the future of F1 is at stake, and thats not too bold of a statement to use.
Old 19 Jun 2005, 18:11 (Ref:1333113)   #17
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Michelin - You are a disgrace!

Holding a gun to F1's head right to the 11th hour, and then pulling the cars before all the world and more importantly, the paying fans at Indy.

I am ashamed of F1 at the moment, and can guarantee you a Michelin tyre WILL NEVER make it onto my car ever again.
Old 19 Jun 2005, 18:11 (Ref:1333114)   #18
hamsmith
Racer

hamsmith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Are you joking? Everyone has had a role to play in the farce we are experiancing today.

I feel sorry for all the spectators, some would have come from other countries, incorporating the race into a holiday.

Everone has a lot to answer for.
Old 19 Jun 2005, 18:11 (Ref:1333116)   #19
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Its F1s problem.

Ferrari and the FIA included.

If they don't give a **** about the fans, I don't give a **** about F1.

Last edited by Inigo Montoya; 21 Jun 2005 at 03:45. Reason: autocensor dodge
Old 19 Jun 2005, 18:12 (Ref:1333119)   #20
JAG
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrex
Michelin - You are a disgrace!

Holding a gun to F1's head right to the 11th hour, and then pulling the cars before all the world and more importantly, the paying fans at Indy.

I am ashamed of F1 at the moment, and can guarantee you a Michelin tyre WILL NEVER make it onto my car ever again.
So you would advocate putting drivers lives at risk?
Old 19 Jun 2005, 18:13 (Ref:1333120)   #21
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
God bless F1, long live the new king the GPWC!!
Old 19 Jun 2005, 18:13 (Ref:1333121)   #22
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
I think that James Allen sums it up that FIA have failed to see the bigger picture. Michelin have screwed up but this is a farce!!
Old 19 Jun 2005, 18:14 (Ref:1333124)   #23
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
F1 Circus Bout Time You All Realised What Goes On

Yes yes; watching the farce. As a sponsor in Club racing, its about time any one out there realises what we provide. A failure to see the bigger picture, the circus has died to a bunch of prima donnas or Big Bernie. We had the chance to sponsor BMW Williams, long talks, but we failed to produce the no refundable "One Million " quid deposit, while they judged us. F1, youve lost it...
Old 19 Jun 2005, 18:14 (Ref:1333125)   #24
Kraz
Rookie

Kraz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A joke sport, that is what F1 will be in the USA. It is shameful that this was allowed to happen. I can't believe that the US Grand Prix is being raced at all. Refund everyones money, get sued by all the sponsors, but don't run a pretend race, F1 will be hard pressed to establish any credibility in the richest market in the world.

A Shame
Old 19 Jun 2005, 18:15 (Ref:1333128)   #25
Maxmil
Veteran

United States
New England, USA
Maxmil should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith
That is it for Formula1 in the USA.....over!

You are right! Incredible! I will never attend or watch another F1 race as long as Bernie is in charge.

Memo To File: Cancel the digital TV subscription tomorrow.

F the F I A as well.

Closed Thread