Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 20 Jun 2016, 18:40 (Ref:3653921)   #1801
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michel Vaillant View Post
Hello,
After this amazing week, the campsites are now empty, there is no more fantastic cars on the streets, the track returned a public road

I hope to see many motor fans in three weeks, for Le Mans Classic
Will be there
Old 20 Jun 2016, 21:21 (Ref:3653956)   #1802
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Lol giant F1 headlines on Autosport.com while LM hidden well away in small boxes. So I was right, not even shock finish was able to save it from the Baku progression headlining. Bet the magazine cover will all about it too.
Old 20 Jun 2016, 22:10 (Ref:3653970)   #1803
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm sorry if posted somewhere before, but this is amazing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4g1xEIXDwwI

“Who won Le Mans?”
“Porsche.”
“How did Toyota manage to lose?”
"(explanation)"
"What collapsed, retired? NO! F***... sorry!"
Old 20 Jun 2016, 22:51 (Ref:3653986)   #1804
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Lol giant F1 headlines on Autosport.com while LM hidden well away in small boxes. So I was right, not even shock finish was able to save it from the Baku progression headlining. Bet the magazine cover will all about it too.

Taken Sunday evening after the race as I was trying to find out who won the F1 race.
Le Mans was the top story.

Posted using a XT-43-H
Old 20 Jun 2016, 22:52 (Ref:3653987)   #1805
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I'm sorry if posted somewhere before, but this is amazing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4g1xEIXDwwI

“Who won Le Mans?”
“Porsche.”
“How did Toyota manage to lose?”
"(explanation)"
"What collapsed, retired? NO! F***... sorry!"

Brilliant

Posted using a XT-43-H
Old 20 Jun 2016, 22:54 (Ref:3653989)   #1806
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Taken Sunday evening after the race as I was trying to find out who won the F1 race.
Le Mans was the top story.
Well it didn't take long for it to be replaced by "F1 analysis" anyway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Brilliant
Yeah particularly as it was his own interest that brought the topic up, not just some random press people's question (like in Thursdays press conference where someone asked Hulkenberg and Alonso about LM and you just got PR answer)
Old 21 Jun 2016, 07:18 (Ref:3654088)   #1807
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
You must really like F1 to be following it so much you read about the Thursday press conference and see the post post race press conference too.

Posted using a XT-43-H
Old 21 Jun 2016, 13:22 (Ref:3654154)   #1808
Deleted
Veteran

Lol. It takes like 15 secs to google those press conferences in full, and the Vettel comment I stumbled upon randomly otherwise.
Old 21 Jun 2016, 14:12 (Ref:3654175)   #1809
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Last I torrented and watched Austrian GP thursday drivers' press conference just because Hulk was there.

/inferiority complex
Old 24 Jun 2016, 15:51 (Ref:3654909)   #1810
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
You were...

About first 20-30 pages also reserved for LM.

Last edited by deggis; 24 Jun 2016 at 15:56.
Old 25 Jun 2016, 12:34 (Ref:3655026)   #1811
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I haven't read it yet, but I was absolutely delighted to see the F1 rightly relegated to a supporting front page role...... Spot on Autosport!
Old 25 Jun 2016, 21:30 (Ref:3655135)   #1812
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I haven't read it yet, but I was absolutely delighted to see the F1 rightly relegated to a supporting front page role...... Spot on Autosport!
Went through it this morning. Good coverage of the weekend overall, Gary Watkins given the space to write - with the usual positive outcome, and nice depth in coverage of things like the LMP2 race and some of the forthcoming regulatory changes.

It's easy to stick the boot into Autosport, and I know there are commercial realities which mean F1 gets prominence, but it does reinforce point that when they're given opportunity they can produce superb coverage - and in doing so show that in no way are they closed minded in how they look at racing beyond F1.
Old 26 Jun 2016, 10:10 (Ref:3655184)   #1813
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
This video did make me laugh. Whoever organised this Focus RS test drive really did not think it through.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEML7Yluzhc
Old 26 Jun 2016, 21:35 (Ref:3655290)   #1814
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
This video did make me laugh. Whoever organised this Focus RS test drive really did not think it through.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEML7Yluzhc
It is actually faster to drive to Denmark than getting to the UK!
Old 27 Jun 2016, 09:45 (Ref:3655358)   #1815
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Bloke is a bit odd as he seems to want people to think he is a real petrol head but knows nothing about le mans or the logistics of eurotunnel and his car identification skills were none to good either
Old 27 Jun 2016, 18:36 (Ref:3655439)   #1816
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A few of my photos from the race are finally up here if anyone is interested - https://www.flickr.com/photos/949985...57667553975174
Old 27 Jun 2016, 19:16 (Ref:3655447)   #1817
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Am I the only one not being happy with the new parc fermé after the race? I feel like ACO robbed me and also the drivers from the final pass along the grandstand receiving their well deserved applause. For me that was one of my goosebump moments.
Old 27 Jun 2016, 19:55 (Ref:3655452)   #1818
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
I might be wrong here, but I think it is temporary for this year. The new part ferme hasn't been completed, but they lost the old one in the late decision to go to 60 garages in one go, not 58 garages for this year. Not that I know where the new one is meant to be and it may still stop the second pass after the race.
Old 27 Jun 2016, 20:14 (Ref:3655459)   #1819
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
A few of my photos from the race are finally up here if anyone is interested - https://www.flickr.com/photos/949985...57667553975174
Sorry - managed to mess up on Flickr. This is the working link: https://www.flickr.com/photos/949985...57670318566445
Old 27 Jun 2016, 20:22 (Ref:3655461)   #1820
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Believe me, most of your photos deserve to be in the Teissèdre's yearly book.
Old 30 Jun 2016, 19:57 (Ref:3656006)   #1821
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by PascaLM View Post
Believe me, most of your photos deserve to be in the Teissèdre's yearly book.
Thank you my friend
Old 30 Jun 2016, 20:03 (Ref:3656007)   #1822
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Sorry - managed to mess up on Flickr. This is the working link: https://www.flickr.com/photos/949985...57670318566445
Very good job!
Old 11 Aug 2016, 12:44 (Ref:3665113)   #1823
Deleted
Veteran

So about the grids next year.

What do we think the chances are for additional entries in LMP1 besides the standard six factory cars and Rebellion (now that they've confirmed return) and Kolles.
Third Audi - extremely unlikely given the indication recently
Third Porsche - moderately unlikely given the Audi lead
Third Toyota - there's some indication of it happening but this is Toyota we're talking about so...
Second CLM - ehh
Other privateers - there's no reason for anyone to commit before 2018 (if even then)

So I guess very optimistically we can hope for 11, mildly optimistically 10, and realistically/pessimistic 9. Anything above those pleasant surprise and obviously anything below disappointment.

In LMP2 the ratio between spec-mobiles and old 2016-and-before array of vehicles will be interesting but the grandfathering rules will make having older machinery obsolete regardless (unless victory isn't your goal, you simply have no money, or you are in crappy situation created by ACO like SMP). I don't believe there will be any Rileys or Dallaras except maybe one or two, the rest will be armada of clone spec Orecas and Onroaks with those grandfathered cars there in the mix in some capacity. Including the older gen Orecas and Onroaks, and rebadged "Alpine" nonsense etc of course

GTE who cares

I'm actually moderately interest to see what Welter will achieve in G56, well whatever there is to achieve within the limited parameters of that position. I just hope it actually materialized and doesn't end up being another GreenGT. The trust was more secure with the Nissan advertising projects and this year's LMP2 modded Pescarolo because they were directed by actual manufacturers. That's why it's almost little less trustworthy with these smaller innovative projects.

It could be another of those "intermittent" in-between years for prototype categories before 2018 and 2019.
Old 12 Aug 2016, 10:34 (Ref:3665339)   #1824
old man
Veteran

England
UK
old man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just for interest and having seen Chiana's post above, I have posted this in LMP3 thread:

"Discussing LMP3 with a team principal last week and he was commenting that in the ELMS the GTE class, with 7 or 8 cars at best was becoming irrelevant and really thinking that the series could be all LMP cars in the 3 categories.

Same guy was highly critical of BOP juggling that goes on in GT racing and overall I felt he considered the LMP and GT classes should not now be in the same races.

Now imagine Le Mans without GT cars, how would that be?"

Old 12 Aug 2016, 14:22 (Ref:3665373)   #1825
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by old man View Post
Just for interest and having seen Chiana's post above, I have posted this in LMP3 thread:

"Discussing LMP3 with a team principal last week and he was commenting that in the ELMS the GTE class, with 7 or 8 cars at best was becoming irrelevant and really thinking that the series could be all LMP cars in the 3 categories.

Same guy was highly critical of BOP juggling that goes on in GT racing and overall I felt he considered the LMP and GT classes should not now be in the same races.

Now imagine Le Mans without GT cars, how would that be?"

Wrong!