Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 23 Mar 2000, 04:30 (Ref:7110)   #1
RainMan
Rookie

RainMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gordon will probably perform better. Still, I don't see Robby eve having overwhelming success in NASCAR. He just doesn't have the mentality or patience for it. I imagine he will get frustrated as always and leave when he doesn't win any races. Pruett has really struggled so far. He missed the race at Rockingham, which was blamed on inability to test there, but then he missed the race at Darlington where he had tested twice. When he did put in a good qualifying run at Vegas, he sank like a stone in the race. For as much as all the open-wheel fans like to tell us that NASCAR drivers aren't as good as open-wheelers, most open-wheelers fail miserably in NASCAR. It just isn't as easy as the guys make it look.
Old 30 Mar 2000, 18:25 (Ref:7111)   #2
Joe Fan
Veteran

Joe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJoe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
You're right Rainman. NASCAR is just plain tough for anybody period. Just look at the rookies who do qualify for the races. Darlington and Bristol highlighted how tough this sport can be for rookies as well as for some veterans. F1 and CART drivers never have to worry about making the show because basically everybody gets in. F1 rarely imposes the 107% rule anymore.

I have to laugh. I sent Robin Miller an e-mail in response to an article he wrote last year where he supported Juan Montoya as "Driver of the Year" where I defended and supported Dale Jarrett as the choice. He sent me an e-mail back stating "A monkey could drive a stockcar on an oval." Is that monkey still available so it can qualify and race the #32 Tide car? And is this the same monkey that rode around with Tim Flock during races in NASCAR's early days? Maybe Tim taught him something.

[This message has been edited by Joe Fan (edited 30 March 2000).]
Old 5 Apr 2000, 01:41 (Ref:7112)   #3
AndrettiRULES
Rookie

AndrettiRULES should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You've e-mailed Robin Miller?! Could I have his address possibly? I'd greatly appreciate it...I love listening to his responses on RPM2NIGHT and love reading his articles on Speedvision.com
Old 5 Apr 2000, 02:34 (Ref:7113)   #4
Joe Fan
Veteran

Joe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJoe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
rmiller@starnews.com
Old 5 Apr 2000, 22:55 (Ref:7114)   #5
AndrettiRULES
Rookie

AndrettiRULES should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thank you a lot! How long does it take him to reply on average? Once again, thanks...

AR
Old 6 Apr 2000, 02:29 (Ref:7115)   #6
Joe Fan
Veteran

Well, it was the off season then and it only took a day or two for him to reply.