Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 26 Mar 2018, 12:11 (Ref:3810903)   #126
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
The track looked amazing in the darkening dusk, I wish they'd extend the Saturday race to around 40 laps next year (squeeze the extra laps by removing the morning sprint race) while starting at the same time, so there would be be proper early night running by the end. The cars have headlights - even if currently tiny ones - and can find their way around as shown here, they don't need any lame extra circuit lighting.
The organisers don't pay Supercars the money they do to appear so that their only appearance of the day is infront of the three men and a dog who actually hang around after the F1 qualifying session.

They want the Supercars on track in the day, hence the sprint race earlier in the day. The post-quali Supercar race also helps filter the fans out of the track too, as some do hang around.
Old 26 Mar 2018, 13:55 (Ref:3810943)   #127
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ford71 View Post
Great to see Scotty Pye take his first win and what I way to get it done.
Super impressed with his effort and those conditions.

Great also to see Reynolds with his elbows out to take the lead and then another win for him and his team.

With some mixed up grids to the norm will we see some modification to qualifying? - it certainly produced some interesting results and battles

This !!!!!!!!!!
Old 26 Mar 2018, 22:40 (Ref:3811099)   #128
champcarman
Veteran

champcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchampcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
The organisers don't pay Supercars the money they do to appear so that their only appearance of the day is infront of the three men and a dog who actually hang around after the F1 qualifying session.

They want the Supercars on track in the day, hence the sprint race earlier in the day. The post-quali Supercar race also helps filter the fans out of the track too, as some do hang around.
Yes there was plenty of empty seats after the F1 Q but to the organisers credit they did open up at least some the grandstand seats for the Supercars race.
Old 26 Mar 2018, 23:16 (Ref:3811107)   #129
Average Punter
Veteran

Australia
a drug store in Wagga
Average Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
My first visit to a Grand Prix since 1991 in Adelaide.

If anyone occasionally feels that the Supercars have lost their mojo, watch an F1 race. They can't get within 50 metres of each other without losing all their downforce. They might be fast but they are ugly and don't sound any good any more.

I was walking to the track on Sunday morning and heard Willy D flogging that screaming V10 twin seater around. Now THAT'S a noise.......
Punters Beer Fest. Indy 02, Clipsal 03, Winton 04, Paperclip 05, Darwin 06, Oran Park 07, Phillip Island 08, Sandown 09, Townsville 10, Symmons 11, Eastern Creek 12, Winton 13. Townsville 14. Paperclip 15, Sandown 16, Symmons 17, PI 18, The Bend 19
Old 27 Mar 2018, 05:56 (Ref:3811148)   #130
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Biding my time in Vandemonia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post

Cant think of a time where the winner has been changed post race, Im sure it has happened but very rare
Sandown 1982
Moffat was first on track but shown black flag.
Grice was running 2nd but shown checquered flag and given the trophy
Moffat was given the win on appeal some weeks later
Old 27 Mar 2018, 09:37 (Ref:3811185)   #131
Driver TBA
Veteran

Driver TBA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ipswich 1999. John Bowe was shown the black flag, but ignored it and Tander was recognised as the race winner. Bowe appealed and was given the win a few weeks later.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Old 28 Mar 2018, 09:05 (Ref:3811438)   #132
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Australian Grand Prix Breaks Records On Fox Sports

Quote:
The Virgin Australia Supercars Championship also broke records over the weekend, with Race 6 more than doubling its audience from last year’s Sunday race attracting 190,000 viewers.
would suggest the move to points was a positive things for viewing
Old 28 Mar 2018, 09:22 (Ref:3811442)   #133
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
Australian Grand Prix Breaks Records On Fox Sports

would suggest the move to points was a positive things for viewing
Or does it suggest more people watched on Fox because, as the article identifies, of its Ad free coverage as opposed to the 28% ad break invested FTA coverage. Actually I think the Saturday race, scheduled to start (and started later) at 18.30 was after the Ten Broadcast to the GP finished for the day.) I dont know about Ten coverage for sure as I wasnt watching.
Old 28 Mar 2018, 09:35 (Ref:3811443)   #134
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Or does it suggest more people watched on Fox because, as the article identifies, of its Ad free coverage as opposed to the 28% ad break invested FTA coverage. Actually I think the Saturday race, scheduled to start (and started later) at 18.30 was after the Ten Broadcast to the GP finished for the day.) I dont know about Ten coverage for sure as I wasnt watching.
I guess that is true also, without seeing how much ch 10 dropped its hard to say, clearly there was a movement from 10 to fox (and for regular fans you can understand why)

on a side note Mooroopna Bakery just brought out a 23 red pie for the team
Old 28 Mar 2018, 11:32 (Ref:3811471)   #135
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Actually I think the Saturday race, scheduled to start (and started later) at 18.30 was after the Ten Broadcast to the GP finished for the day.) I dont know about Ten coverage for sure as I wasnt watching.
10 broadcast Saturday's race all the way till the end - extended the scheduled broadcast time.
Old 28 Mar 2018, 11:42 (Ref:3811476)   #136
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
10 broadcast Saturday's race all the way till the end - extended the scheduled broadcast time.
OK thanks for the clarification.... as I said I wasnt sure. Good to see that they did.
Old 28 Mar 2018, 11:44 (Ref:3811478)   #137
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
OK thanks for the clarification.... as I said I wasnt sure. Good to see that they did.
Would have been terrible if they hadn't extended with that race being such a nail biter. I wish they'd do more of it to remove some of the time certain races from regular rounds.
Old 28 Mar 2018, 19:01 (Ref:3811576)   #138
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
We missed out on seeing Hogan’s Heroes
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 29 Mar 2018, 22:59 (Ref:3811833)   #139
Forda
Veteran

Forda should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
One lucky win, and WAU claim they're "back as a force".

https://www.speedcafe.com/2018/03/30...says-co-owner/
Old 30 Mar 2018, 09:25 (Ref:3811874)   #140
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forda View Post

One fine day maketh not summer as they say
Old 30 Mar 2018, 10:02 (Ref:3811891)   #141
champcarman
Veteran

champcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchampcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I would put more weight on Pye's Sunday performance when he held off both DJRTP cars for the entire race length despite Fabian allowing Scott through to have a go at Pye. I may be mistaken but I believe they are looking pretty good.
Old 30 Mar 2018, 14:14 (Ref:3811932)   #142
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forda View Post

To be honest, 2 events in, they have some good results and better than previous years. I would be gloating also if I were them
Old 30 Mar 2018, 22:40 (Ref:3812041)   #143
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Looks good for the sponsor group, especially in this day and age where journalism consists of stumbling upon a forum post, or press release, and turning it into a story for whichever media outlet you freelance to.

Any publicity is good publicity.