Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 29 Aug 2014, 03:56 (Ref:3448731)   #276
F J Nedos
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
F J Nedos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well if Mr Vettel were to move to Ferrari, what about Mr Vergne at RBR, to be reunited with his team mate?

Just putting it out there.

Button to Wiliams. Possibly Hamilton back to McLaren. Alonso to Mercedes. Massa to Force India, and Guit-ear-whatever to do sports cars or something else?

There's a merry go round for ye!
Old 29 Aug 2014, 05:59 (Ref:3448747)   #277
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
And lets not forget the old 'Webber to Renault' perpetual rumour.

A bit hard now, since its going to become a Lotus Mercedes... or not.. the jungle drums are still quite quiet around that announcement...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 29 Aug 2014, 06:54 (Ref:3448758)   #278
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teretonga View Post
Hamilton back to McLaren would not surprise me at all....
This is what I think is going on here.

If Hamilton doesn't take the world title this year, he will place the blame entirely at the door of Mercedes management. The team/driver relationship will become untenable and they will agree to part ways a year early.

This is what McLaren are waiting for and that's why Woking's driver decisions have been put back until the season is over. Jenson was contracted by Martin Whitmarsh... but Lewis is Ron's boy. Now that Ron's back in charge expect Lewis to return in place of Jenson.

The Alonso/Vettel stuff is a distraction I think.
Old 29 Aug 2014, 10:46 (Ref:3448800)   #279
spider
Veteran

England
London
spider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridspider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hamilton's love of ( / obsession with trying to be...) Senna could make the whole McLaren Honda quite exciting for him.

The Mercedes' teams OTT Lewis love-in after Spa, plus the 'we trust eachoher' re. contract talks, seems to be trying to appease LH, less than obviously. Perhaps due to a Mac approach...

Can't see Alonso working with Ron again, nor Seb leaving RB any time soon.
Old 29 Aug 2014, 10:58 (Ref:3448805)   #280
spider
Veteran

England
London
spider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridspider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.givemesport.com/498790-wh...urn-to-mclaren

Semi-interesting, but still think the whole fact Ron's properly back involved, and the Honda/Senna dream will tempt him...
Old 29 Aug 2014, 11:15 (Ref:3448811)   #281
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Yeah, I think Hamilton will arrive back at Mclaren. I said that when he first left Mclaren. Particularly as there is no real room at Red Bull now that the Ricciardo hiring has paid off and Ferrari seems meshed in a kind of 4th place limbo. The old winning team returning to a place he knows and loves, with an historic works deal on the books, makes his return to McLaren fairly inevitable in my mind.
Old 29 Aug 2014, 14:01 (Ref:3448863)   #282
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
I hadn't really accepted this, but with recent events (well, since Monaco really) I've seen that Lewis isn't in a happy place anymore with Mercedes. McLaren would be the best possible alternative for him (that's possible available anyway), and I'm sure that Honda (who are apparently paying the drivers salaries) would like him on-board too.
That then leaves the question of who would partner him? Would Honda want two ex-World Champions and therefore Button is safe, or will he be off to finish his driving days at the Ferrari retirement home? Plus, if JB goes to The Red Team, will it be as a swap for Alonso (giving Honda the two Ex WDC's again if that's where Lewis ends up)? Or would he be replacing Kimi, who's not really given them the results everyone expected (even if that's more the car's fault than the drivers)?
It really is a silly season and it does keep your mind working doesn't it?
Old 29 Aug 2014, 14:32 (Ref:3448884)   #283
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Musical chairs. Of the big players, who will sit down first and trigger the stampede for the remaining seat?

Richard
Old 29 Aug 2014, 15:50 (Ref:3448896)   #284
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have to feel sorry for Kevin Magnussen. He's done nothing wrong (other than those early season Kimi incidents) and can be blisteringly fast, yet seems to be totally worthless. What's wrong with McLaren's current line-up and why would anyone of Hamilton or Alonso's quality want to go to an underachieving team worse than their current one? Only Hamilton's case is one to buy into, and if he ends up taking the title in the end, will he still be distressed? Will Nico be the one wanting to leave? Or does it all end happily ever after...

...this is all speculation fuelled by Ron Dennis' cynicism...
Old 29 Aug 2014, 16:05 (Ref:3448898)   #285
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuits In A Red Bull View Post
I have to feel sorry for Kevin Magnussen. He's done nothing wrong (other than those early season Kimi incidents) and can be blisteringly fast, yet seems to be totally worthless. What's wrong with McLaren's current line-up and why would anyone of Hamilton or Alonso's quality want to go to an underachieving team worse than their current one? Only Hamilton's case is one to buy into, and if he ends up taking the title in the end, will he still be distressed? Will Nico be the one wanting to leave? Or does it all end happily ever after...

...this is all speculation fuelled by Ron Dennis' cynicism...
I think Button will be released - the line up will be Hamilton and Magnussen.
Old 29 Aug 2014, 16:28 (Ref:3448903)   #286
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ah, so will Button move on a 'free transfer' to some other team on the 'premier league' or will he look to sportscars to get some action from other 'top divisions?' Or should I stop the football puns...

Edit:
I'm not convinced that they should class as puns...
Old 29 Aug 2014, 16:43 (Ref:3448906)   #287
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Yep, I am seeing Hamilton at McLaren too, Honda want a 'big' name and RD needs to deliver to meet their very high expectations.

Alternatively, I would also love to see Vettel at McLaren and see what he could do outside the Red Bull fold and actually I think it would be good for him as there is (I believe) a faint tinge that he is a good driver in a great car that was absolutely created around him by F1's greatest designer. I am bit of believer that you can stay at a team too long.

Whilst I am gazing into my crystal ball. I am not seeing Massa as secure at Williams either. Contracts not withstanding and they are 'only' best intentions based on a set of circumstances when they were signed. Williams know they have a great car/engine combo and have corrected the infrastructure and management - the weak link is Massa who is too accident prone and inconsistent IMO. I see Button as a good fit back at Williams.

Alonso is the big imponderable, I am sure he thinks that his talent should have one won more titles and you can see from his wheel to whell racing for relatively minor positons that he still has the speed, fire and desire. Does he wait around for Ferrari's latest restructure to try and get it right again or does he gamble on a move. If so can RD tempt him to McLaren to which Honda would be delighted.

In that case my line up is FA/KM at McLaren SV and Jules B at Ferrari, Jenson B and VB at Williams LH and DR at Red Bull.
Old 30 Aug 2014, 05:46 (Ref:3448999)   #288
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It would be much more fun to see an Alonso/Bottas combination at Williams Mercedes...
Old 30 Aug 2014, 06:41 (Ref:3449005)   #289
davyboy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
It would be much more fun to see an Alonso/Bottas combination at Williams Mercedes...
I think Bottas is a class act and developing into a strong number one there. For all his prowess on track, Fernando Alonso has wasted the last 10 years faffing around, accomplishing little more than enhancing his very healthy bank balance. Wherever he goes, politics and trouble seem to follow. I'd hate to see him bring that kind of thing to Williams who are undergoing a welcome renaissance right now. Ferrari and Alonso are good bedfellows - best they remain together.
Old 30 Aug 2014, 06:50 (Ref:3449009)   #290
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyboy View Post
I think Bottas is a class act and developing into a strong number one there. For all his prowess on track, Fernando Alonso has wasted the last 10 years faffing around, accomplishing little more than enhancing his very healthy bank balance. Wherever he goes, politics and trouble seem to follow. I'd hate to see him bring that kind of thing to Williams who are undergoing a welcome renaissance right now. Ferrari and Alonso are good bedfellows - best they remain together.
Couldn't agree more. Only Ferrari and Ron Dennis' dream team would give Alonso the undisputed no.1 seat and a decent chance of getting results at the same time. For the sake of the team, it's best Williams don't hire him, especially with Bottas showing himself to be one of the most complete drivers on the grid despite his lack of experience. Imo if Williams want a long-term no.1 with WDC potential, then keep Bottas!
Old 30 Aug 2014, 07:12 (Ref:3449012)   #291
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Could be fun in the same way Alonso/Hamilton was at McLaren... I never saw him the same way after that. no Senna or Schumacher, absolutely rattled by a talented rookie
Old 31 Aug 2014, 21:52 (Ref:3449350)   #292
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Could be fun in the same way Alonso/Hamilton was at McLaren... I never saw him the same way after that. no Senna or Schumacher, absolutely rattled by a talented rookie
I suspect either of those 2 would have felt the same in Alonso's 2007 shoes.
Old 1 Sep 2014, 08:10 (Ref:3449416)   #293
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Alonso Free To Do What He Wants.. Any Old Time...

Where might Mr Alonso be off to?
Old 1 Sep 2014, 11:40 (Ref:3449456)   #294
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Alonso Free To Do What He Wants.. Any Old Time...

Where might Mr Alonso be off to?
If he is wise he will stay exactly where he is!
Old 1 Sep 2014, 21:52 (Ref:3449588)   #295
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
If he's going to leave it might as well be now!

But he must be in possession of a seriously good crystal ball. ..
Old 2 Sep 2014, 09:14 (Ref:3449667)   #296
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
If he's going to leave it might as well be now!

But he must be in possession of a seriously good crystal ball. ..
There is a chance of a Mercedes seat if Hamilton has a falling out with Rosberg and decides to leave.
Old 2 Sep 2014, 09:17 (Ref:3449668)   #297
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Saw on Sky Sports News this morning that Alonso has said, "I have no intention to leave Ferrari".

So he's as good as gone then
Old 2 Sep 2014, 09:22 (Ref:3449669)   #298
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
I thought Alonso wanted to win the WDC at Ferrari. It might take him up until the age of 56, but I can't see him leaving!
Old 2 Sep 2014, 10:31 (Ref:3449679)   #299
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
According to Spanish newspaper El Confidencial, Daniel Juncadella is in the running to replace Perez at Force India next year.
His sponsor is already on the car and he has one or two FP1s lined up.

Apparently, Perez said at Silverstone that he was talking to other teams... any ideas where he thinks he could be going?
Old 2 Sep 2014, 15:26 (Ref:3449735)   #300
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
numerous sites running quotes from Alonso expressing his commitment to Ferrari.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/115662

although his contract is runs to the end of 2016 and looks like no extension or modification of current contract.

given that he apparently has a clause giving him an exit if he is 25 points down by the time of the Italian GP and the rather large retainer Alonso was rumoured to be asking for (50mil per year), i would think, if he was only about the money/increasing his bank account he would have forced a renegotiation.

i suppose that could have happened behind closed doors though