Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 21 Oct 2012, 13:26 (Ref:3155401)   #1
Kevin Cooke
Rookie

United Kingdom
London SW1
Kevin Cooke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Historic Sports 2's to get 2013 Martini invite:

To all those people who thought that having the Historic Sports 2000 cars fill up the Martini grid last year was a great idea (including a certain Mr M Pye), and especially all those people who own or want to own an HS2 car I thought I'd relay the gist a note I recieved today from Jonathan Loader, Jonathan was the guy who orgainsed for the HS2 cars to run with the Martini last year.

Jonathan has continued his dialogue with the HSCC and and they have come back saying they are pretty sure that we will be invited to join the Martini grid again in 2013 and the calender should be out fairly soon.

I for one will be planning my racing next year around the Martini races and lets hope that with a bit of luck the SRCC manage to avoid clashes. Interestingly Jonathan also re-iterated a comment that Mike Turner of the SRCC made to me at Oulton that he thought it would be an elegant solution if the SRCC Historic Championship was awarded based on points scored in both the Martini races and SRCC races. Now that would mean a pretty full turnout of HS2 cars for both series.

Here's hoping.

So if any one is interested and is not yet on our HS2 register (i.e. you'll know if you are as you will have recieved Jonathans mail today) drop me a mail through 10 Tenths and I'll make sure you are on the mailing list.

Regards

Kevin

Last edited by Kevin Cooke; 21 Oct 2012 at 13:37.
Old 21 Oct 2012, 17:20 (Ref:3155475)   #2
911thillclimber
Veteran

911thillclimber should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid911thillclimber should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Very good news Kevin and it can only make 2013 a good strong grid for the competitors and spectators alike.

Look forward to seeing you all hard at it next year!

Enviously,
Graham!
Old 21 Oct 2012, 21:16 (Ref:3155586)   #3
brakedisc
Racer

brakedisc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This cannot be good news for the S2000 racing club. Numbers are down this year and they need all the support they can get. Increasing the number of events in any championship will not encourage more competitors.

Kevin what is the attraction of racing with the HSCC in an under powered car?
Old 22 Oct 2012, 06:48 (Ref:3155726)   #4
Kevin Cooke
Rookie

United Kingdom
London SW1
I bought the T492 at a toe in the water for Historic racing so attending pure Historic race events rather than mixed club events and truck races really is where I want to be.

The HSCC events are a fantastic mix of Historic stuff, and I'm not just thinking of the bule ribbon events like the Gold Cup.

As to racing an underpowerd car, the SRCC events I did this year were all combined races with the duratecs so I was only running around racing against people in my own class exactly the same as in the Martini. The group 6 cars and the duratecs have pretty similar lap times, amazing that + 40 years of chassis and aero - 65bhp = same lap time.

So simply put would I sooner share a grid with MCR's or Chevrons and Lola's. It's a no brainer for me.

I'll also declare a vested interest as we are working on a group 6 car which hopefully will be out next year.

Regards

Kevin

Last edited by Kevin Cooke; 22 Oct 2012 at 06:54.
Old 22 Oct 2012, 08:47 (Ref:3155772)   #5
brakedisc
Racer

brakedisc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kevin that makes perfect sense.

GPM
Old 12 Jan 2013, 07:25 (Ref:3188075)   #6
Kevin Cooke
Rookie

United Kingdom
London SW1
The HSCC have confirmed that the Martini rounds will again this year have a class for Historic Sports 2000 cars, the HS2 guys who ran with the Martini last year are very keen to build on the success of last year and will be contacting all those on our HS2 register to get a feel for likely entries.

However if there are any HS2 cars out there ready to race or in preperation that are not on our register (i.e. you haven't already been pestered by Jonathan Loader or myself) then please pm me your details, especially anyone based in mainland Europe who may wish to enter one of the European Martini rounds as we know there is a strong HS2 following in Germany and Scandinavia and it'd be good to see some of those cars enter as it will encourage the UK guys to travel.

Below is the provisional calendar for the Martini Trophy 2013 and whilst there are several TBC's I would add that the quality of the meetings the Martini Championship attends is of the very highest and last year the HSCC/Martini weekends were the highlights of my year.

March 30/1 - Thruxton
April 20/1 - Hockenheim TBC
May 18/9- Silverstone GP
July 13/4 - Brands Hatch GP
Aug 24/6 - Oulton Park TBC
October 5/6 - Dijon TBC
October 12/13 - Imola TBC

See you at Thruxton

Regards

Kevin Cooke