Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 18 Jan 2013, 18:24 (Ref:3191183)   #26
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
HTP a lottery?

a pal of mine just posted this on FB:

Après 2 ans ½ d’aller et retour avec les services techniques de la FFSA, de remarques injustifiées, de demande de modifications, de présentation d’un nouveau dossier, d’une demande d’intervention auprès du Président… Trouvant systématiquement une opposition Ã* ma demande, (chaque fois une raison différente était invoquée !...) J’ai abandonné et présenté mon dossier au RACB…
RESULTAT : 3 mois plus tard, j’avais en main mon fameux PASSEPORT TECHNIQUE HISTORIQUE.
A vous de juger !

you can see why some people think it's a farce...
Old 18 Jan 2013, 18:37 (Ref:3191191)   #27
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Or translated:

After 2 ½ years of back and forth with the technical services of the FFSA, remarks unjustified application modifications, introducing a new folder, a request for action to the President ... Finding a systematic opposition to my application (each time a different reason was invoked! ...) I gave up and presented my case to RACB ...
RESULT: 3 months later, I had my hand famous TECHNICAL PASSPORT HISTORY.
You decide!

And no I cannot speak the lingo lol!
Old 18 Jan 2013, 18:53 (Ref:3191194)   #28
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Nice one Al, although the tone was apparent before translation! It is indeed a moment for celebration when the sacred document is in your hands.

However, IMHO, a lot of problems and delays are to do with not getting application form right in first place. Even when it is correct, questions will be asked, more information requested- especially if it is model of car they are not familiar with. My Gilbern GT was first of the type to get HTP and it wasn't a quick process. But you get there eventually!

Farce? No. A pain? Yes....
Old 18 Jan 2013, 18:59 (Ref:3191196)   #29
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
However, IMHO, a lot of problems and delays are to do with not getting application form right in first place.
Maybe the Post Office could be persuaded to offer the same sort of service they provide for passport application vetting...

... I'll get me coat...
Old 18 Jan 2013, 19:27 (Ref:3191205)   #30
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Morgan View Post
Maybe the Post Office could be persuaded to offer the same sort of service they provide for passport application vetting...

... I'll get me coat...
You may be on to something there!
Old 19 Jan 2013, 08:08 (Ref:3191359)   #31
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman View Post
Or translated:

After 2 ½ years of back and forth with the technical services of the FFSA, remarks unjustified application modifications, introducing a new folder, a request for action to the President ... Finding a systematic opposition to my application (each time a different reason was invoked! ...) I gave up and presented my case to RACB ...
RESULT: 3 months later, I had my hand famous TECHNICAL PASSPORT HISTORY.
You decide!

And no I cannot speak the lingo lol!
Two and a half years? That was quick!
How about FIVE yrs,thats how long it took to get them on a friends HRG that had actually raced in the Spa 24hr in 1949.We had exactly the same crap thrown up time after time,eventually insisting that the application be sent directly to the German side of things,hey presto,one month later!!!
Want HTPs?,get them done outside of the UK.
Old 19 Jan 2013, 08:59 (Ref:3191369)   #32
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Further to the above,back in the good ole daze, whilst working with CMS,had to take a Sunbeam Tiger down to show Jeremy Hall at Slough. Arrived for the appointment on time at 1.30 pm. Jeremy then checked over,photographed the required points as deemed by the FIA. By 3.30,I was on my way back to CMS with a freshly HTP'd Tiger!! Three days later we were in possession of said papers. THAT is how it should be done,as we had a very good working relationship with probably the best HTP Compliance Inspector,he knew that what we built would be correct,things should be similar today. Far too many builders have tried to build iffy cars and now all UK inspectors seem to regard every car they see as something to be wary of.
Old 19 Jan 2013, 14:03 (Ref:3191463)   #33
apriliadriver
Racer

United Kingdom
Ruislip, Middx
apriliadriver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Even as recently as 2007/8 my request for HTP was very speedily dealt with by Jeremy Hall and then Marcus Pye, never had any problems with the UK end of things.
Nick
Old 19 Jan 2013, 14:31 (Ref:3191475)   #34
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
That was then. Marcus was vey good at sorting these things out.
Old 24 Jan 2013, 06:46 (Ref:3193566)   #35
105 Mad
Rookie

England
Chesham
105 Mad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To go back to my origonal thread, the list shown on the link below seems fairly relivent for us oldies.

http://argent.fia.com/web/fia-public...Model-2010.pdf

It shows the Chevy 2 & Chevelle as papers not availble.
Old 24 Jan 2013, 08:27 (Ref:3193595)   #36
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Then you need to provide photographic proof of the car competing in an "international" event [other than just a race in america]
Old 24 Jan 2013, 11:58 (Ref:3193659)   #37
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
There are a few cc errors in that publication ref Chevrolets.