Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 16 Jun 2017, 07:22 (Ref:3742106)   #1
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Classic Marshals BBQ

I trust that Delta will be organising the usual barbecue for the marshals at the Classic, however, in co-operation with the Silverstone Marshals Club we plan to run three Prize Draws over the weekend.
The traditional Friday evening draw, and one on the Saturday for all the lads and lassies on duty that day, and a similar on the Sunday.
I have already had a most generous donation from Nick Whale of Silverstone Auctions, and the Morgan Motor Co's Aero Racing Division, and our very own GrantP. Any one who wishes to assist with the prize list in any form please let me know, asap, money, goods, tickets, clothing, books, memorabilia anything is acceptable, and will be given due credit.
Any suggestions as to where I could solicit donations from also welcome.

Rally round the flag chaps, this is a most worthy cause.
Thank you in advance,

Bob.
Old 16 Jun 2017, 16:31 (Ref:3742250)   #2
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Oh! I forgot to mention; A lot of marshals visit this section
Old 27 Jun 2017, 08:51 (Ref:3747222)   #3
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Bob, when would be the dead line to send you something from France related to historic racing for your marshals? Please send me a PM if you like it.
Old 9 Jul 2017, 10:36 (Ref:3749734)   #4
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
I've had the nod to go ahead with the BBQ again "well no one has said I can't do it". Guess it's Friday night again . We will try and get the food ready for the rush as I know last year there was a bit of a wait . If we try and get everthing ready say 20 mins after last session has finished . Looking forward to catching up again with our friends in Orange .
Old 9 Jul 2017, 16:36 (Ref:3749816)   #5
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
I've made the thread sticky- not BBQ sauce sticky, forum sticky......

Hopefully in the same spot as last couple of years.
Old 9 Jul 2017, 19:33 (Ref:3750008)   #6
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Thank you Mike I was going to ask
Old 11 Jul 2017, 18:43 (Ref:3750487)   #7
Fay
Veteran

England
Silverstone
Fay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I confirm that the BBQ can go ahead and has been put in the marshals final instructions. They have been told to let me know if they want to come and I will let you know the exact amount of marshals hoping to attend.

Once again Iain, thank you so much for sorting this out for all the marshals. It is really appreciated by everyone. Can I also say thank you to all the other drivers who give drinks, money etc to Iain. Also thank you to all who help get the food and drink ready.

If any drivers don't get a chance to give any prizes to Bauble, you can give them in at drivers sign-on and they will get back to me. Alternatively you can give me them when I am floating around at either end between the parades.

As Bauble says, he will do a raffle Friday night and I will put all remaining prizes in raffles for Saturday and Sunday and take them round to the winning marshals on post during the day where possible. Otherwise they can collect from me in the evenings or at sign-on. Many thanks to Bauble for sorting this out.

I look forward to seeing many of you at The Classic.

Best regards

Fay
Chief Marshal - Silverstone Classic.
Old 11 Jul 2017, 20:21 (Ref:3750518)   #8
bauble
Veteran

England
Thank you, Fay, the prize list is growing and I think you will be pleased with what is on offer, however, one slight correction. The Friday night 'raffle' is a free draw, no money changes hand .... well apart from a £50.00 cash first prize.*

Bob.

* That might attract a few more attendees.
Old 12 Jul 2017, 07:22 (Ref:3750631)   #9
Fay
Veteran

England
Silverstone
Fay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I do not understand about the money!! All marshals at the BBQ on Friday night will be put in the raffle and all marshals who are marshalling will be entered into the raffles on Saturday and Sunday.

See you all there.

Fay
Old 13 Jul 2017, 15:42 (Ref:3750941)   #10
bauble
Veteran

England
If anyone has a spare car pass allowing access to the circuit it would be very useful to me, as I have a lot of stuff to bring in and the organisers are not willing/able to help.
Old 13 Jul 2017, 15:45 (Ref:3750942)   #11
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
If anyone has a spare car pass allowing access to the circuit it would be very useful to me, as I have a lot of stuff to bring in and the organisers are not willing/able to help.
Have you spoke to Kirby Wickens. She knows all about the BBQ. They have been very helpful in the past.
Old 13 Jul 2017, 17:30 (Ref:3750969)   #12
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Have you spoke to Kirby Wickens. She knows all about the BBQ. They have been very helpful in the past.
Kirby Wickens? More info please.
Old 14 Jul 2017, 05:31 (Ref:3751071)   #13
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Kirby Wickens? More info please.
Kirby is our usual contact as preparers. Very helpful in the past.

Goose Live Events +44 (0)1483 524400 (main number)

kirby.wickens(at)goose.co.uk

If all else fails, I'll ask on arrival for another pass..... May need reg number, I'll contact by pm if so.
Old 17 Jul 2017, 17:10 (Ref:3752200)   #14
bauble
Veteran

England
It is still not too late for donations of any kind to the prize list*, there must be close to a thousand marshals on duty over the weekend and the more things to give away the more we can say 'thank you' to our friends trackside.
In order to produce a prize list for Fay it would b nice to know what might be available well in advance.

Disappointing response from the photographic section in the main, but thanks to Steve and Laura for their help.

Bauble.

* Cash is apparently very acceptable, clothing, bottles (filled), memorabilia, books, subscriptions, factory visits, etc, etc.
Old 18 Jul 2017, 08:41 (Ref:3752340)   #15
HRSTR5
Racer

England
Surrey, England
HRSTR5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2 small donations to the Raffle ... 2 Giftboxes from my brother-in-law's microbrewery, "Longdog" in Basingstoke. Couple of bottles and a beer glass in each gift box - will be delivered to the Delta BBQ HQ on site at the Classic.

72 pints of Longdog beer - ready for immediate consumption by thirsty marshals - will be delivered too!

James
Old 18 Jul 2017, 09:28 (Ref:3752345)   #16
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Jeez sounds like I need to make the drive from Dorset to Towcester that evening!

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
Old 18 Jul 2017, 09:41 (Ref:3752347)   #17
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRSTR5 View Post
2 small donations to the Raffle ... 2 Giftboxes from my brother-in-law's microbrewery, "Longdog" in Basingstoke. Couple of bottles and a beer glass in each gift box - will be delivered to the Delta BBQ HQ on site at the Classic.

72 pints of Longdog beer - ready for immediate consumption by thirsty marshals - will be delivered too!

James
Thank you James and Brother-in-Law, now those will be very much appreciated by the recipients, that's for sure.

Delta, keep your hands off them they are for the marshals.
Old 18 Jul 2017, 09:42 (Ref:3752348)   #18
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Jeez sounds like I need to make the drive from Dorset to Towcester that evening!

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
Well just don't come empty handed.
Old 18 Jul 2017, 11:24 (Ref:3752374)   #19
Alan Crook
Veteran

Alan Crook should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRSTR5 View Post

James
Well that`s me sorted not sure what the other marshals will do.

As always a big thank you to Iain and all his helpers and also to all drivers who donate towards the BBQ and raffle. This is always greatly appreciated by all who attend.

See you all at the Classic.
Old 18 Jul 2017, 12:16 (Ref:3752384)   #20
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Crook View Post
Well that`s me sorted not sure what the other marshals will do.
What time are you on duty Saturday?

I'll make sure to load a bottle of Vino for your better half- white or red or......?
Old 18 Jul 2017, 12:36 (Ref:3752394)   #21
Alan Crook
Veteran

Alan Crook should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will be up Thursday evening to collect some passes, will probably come over and see you and Iain if you are around. Fay will drink either she does like Champagne but not expecting you to provide that !!!
Old 18 Jul 2017, 16:53 (Ref:3752469)   #22
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Crook View Post
Will be up Thursday evening to collect some passes, will probably come over and see you and Iain if you are around. Fay will drink either she does like Champagne but not expecting you to provide that !!!
Funny you should mention champagne, sure there's a bottle in the truck.....
Old 18 Jul 2017, 18:44 (Ref:3752522)   #23
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Funny you should mention champagne, sure there's a bottle in the truck.....
I trust you won it Mike in a motor race?
Old 18 Jul 2017, 19:19 (Ref:3752543)   #24
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
I trust you won it Mike in a motor race?
It was won in a motor race, yes. By me, no. I was fettling rather than driving on that occasion..... Come to think of it, there is some I did actually win in the workshop. Does Champagne have a use by date?
Old 18 Jul 2017, 20:38 (Ref:3752583)   #25
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Yes it does Mike! As hosting podiums you must know that It works with yoghurts too but less enjoyable…