Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 12 Dec 2008, 12:13 (Ref:2353423)   #51
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Look foward to seeing you at Mallory paddy make sure you come and say hello. Just look for the black Delta truck.
Old 12 Dec 2008, 12:45 (Ref:2353446)   #52
Fay
Veteran

England
Silverstone
Fay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just to clarify the point, there is NO HSCC meeting at Donington in October.

Personally I am glad that HSCC have a meeting at Mallory, although it means travelling from home.

Simon, if you are not going to race how about coming and having a day marshalling on the bank!!

See you all around next year.

Fay Crook
Chief Marshal Co-ordinator
HSCC
Old 12 Dec 2008, 13:52 (Ref:2353497)   #53
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
No Fay thats not a good idea. He would knoble all the 10/10th's that were racing.
Old 12 Dec 2008, 14:06 (Ref:2353509)   #54
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
haha - only the MGB's!! I am hoping to do one more season! I will review at the end of next one as that is when I will have a load of expenses re licence, suit etc..
Old 12 Dec 2008, 17:00 (Ref:2353653)   #55
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower
Which Friday?
Next (the 19th) I'll be there as well, keeping warm in Race Control!
Old 12 Dec 2008, 17:59 (Ref:2353702)   #56
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Might be a good idea to get the kettle on then!
Old 12 Dec 2008, 18:01 (Ref:2353704)   #57
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon drabble
haha - only the MGB's!! I am hoping to do one more season! I will review at the end of next one as that is when I will have a load of expenses re licence, suit etc..

Your Christmas bonus might cover those Simon.
Old 13 Dec 2008, 10:00 (Ref:2354097)   #58
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
To assume you still have a job in 12 months time is a big one in the city these days.... 08 will be like a screaming bull market compared to 09.
Its going to get extremely ugly - expect many more big names to fall....
Old 13 Dec 2008, 10:11 (Ref:2354106)   #59
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Screaming Bull. You have been watching to much strictly celeb dancing Simon.
Old 13 Dec 2008, 10:31 (Ref:2354113)   #60
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
To assume you still have a job in 12 months time is a big one in the city these days.... 08 will be like a screaming bull market compared to 09.
Its going to get extremely ugly - expect many more big names to fall....
Then there's the talk of those of us that have jobs not getting a pay rise or even a pay cut next year.
Old 13 Dec 2008, 10:44 (Ref:2354116)   #61
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
And all that crap I just watched on TV about going into shops and hassling down the price they are so bloody irresponsible as we are really struggling as is without every ruddy transaction becoming a bartering session I already have way too much of that. I just got yet another letter from a supplier informing me their prices in January are going up dependant on product by between 6% and 20% so where are these margins going to come from as I am sure the council rates, electricity and all other services to my shop will continue to rise. At least you guys with jobs know you should have a wage at the end of the week even if no bonus (ahh never mind) and a bit of a cut in wages, as for me I have not a single job on the books when I open up Monday, worried you bet, racing next year, I doubt it.
Old 13 Dec 2008, 10:47 (Ref:2354118)   #62
simon drabble
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcemob
Then there's the talk of those of us that have jobs not getting a pay rise or even a pay cut next year.
without going off on too much of a tangent some will prosper. Any company with small debt and tight overheads offering a product that is essential and/or well priced will do well.
However there are many companies that have been carried for far too long by a bull market - these, like Woolies and large tracts of the auto industry, will fail. Why should good companies supplement dead ducks?
However here we have a much more pressing problem - how the hell are we going to finance the Govt's public spending. All these wonderful final salary pensions that civil sevants enjoy have got to be paid by someone......
Anyway back to the HSCC dates! I had a look at my mag yesterday and it looks like (funds allowing): Silverstone Int 9 May; Snett 3 Hour 30 May; Castle Combe 14 June and Brands Super Prix 4 July. At least the garden will be well kept this summer!!!
Old 13 Dec 2008, 14:15 (Ref:2354213)   #63
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
without going off on too much of a tangent some will prosper. Any company with small debt and tight overheads offering a product that is essential and/or well priced will do well.
Well thats what i am hoping for, a lot of my stuff is not essential but much of it is if you constude advertising (vehicle signage, signs, posters, diplays. printed and embroidered corperate clothing) as neccessary if not then I am in the do do's, oh and all my stuff is competively priced as possible. ;-) Also my overheads are very tight with sublet flat and all machinery paid for in full.
Old 13 Dec 2008, 15:55 (Ref:2354259)   #64
simon drabble
Veteran

In which case so long as your printing machinery has a spell check you should be one of the winners ;o)
Old 13 Dec 2008, 16:32 (Ref:2354270)   #65
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Now now. My spelling may not be the greatest as I left school at 14 but its still way better than some on here.
Old 13 Dec 2008, 16:42 (Ref:2354274)   #66
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belmondo
...... See they've dropped the 2-day Donington meeting in October. Anyone know if the old circuit will continue to function post F1 butchering?

I don't believe in Father Christmas either....
Old 13 Dec 2008, 17:01 (Ref:2354282)   #67
simon drabble
Veteran

Al - I was joking - my spelling is pretty awful as well. I see on your profile that you worked with Roger Nathan in the 60's. A bit off thread but I had lunch with Roger about a year ago and he kindly gave me a copy of his book, An adventerous life. Have you read it? He is quite a character
Old 13 Dec 2008, 17:55 (Ref:2354299)   #68
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Al - I was joking - my spelling is pretty awful as well. I see on your profile that you worked with Roger Nathan in the 60's. A bit off thread but I had lunch with Roger about a year ago and he kindly gave me a copy of his book, An adventerous life. Have you read it? He is quite a character
Is that a spelling mistake?
Old 13 Dec 2008, 18:00 (Ref:2354303)   #69
simon drabble
Veteran

a fair cop.. !
Old 13 Dec 2008, 18:19 (Ref:2354313)   #70
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
No I hav'nt Simon, bet he don't mention me, we had a bit of an acromonous parting! They should have wrote a book about his old man now that was a character and a half, he lost a car showroom rumour has it, in a game of cards! We did a ghoster one night with the new BMW Astra for its Crystal Palace debut and as the sun came up he started chucking stones at the birds singing the morning chorus shouting at them to go away as it was'nt time yet! Cedric Seltzer was one of the team when I was there and we all read about his missus a few years ago, what a sort she was in her day, nice woman actually as I recollect.

Last edited by Al Weyman; 13 Dec 2008 at 18:21.
Old 13 Dec 2008, 18:47 (Ref:2354328)   #71
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
I knew Cedrics brother,Alca.
Old 13 Dec 2008, 19:25 (Ref:2354339)   #72
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
What's his claim to fame apart from being Cedrics brother,Odd name.
Old 13 Dec 2008, 20:57 (Ref:2354374)   #73
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
So is Cedric.:-) Cedric being an ex F1 Mechanic used to get me to service his old Rover 2000, well it was new then but you know what I mean.
Old 13 Dec 2008, 22:14 (Ref:2354403)   #74
dikko
Veteran

United Kingdom
Herts
dikko should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Received from the HSCC one day ago...Race dates change (Brands Indy) & at the Spa race there is talk of only the Saloons race being organised, single-seaters unlikely to get a look in. However, those single -seater drivers who would like to go, we are compiling a list and when we hit the £magic number we shall present it to HSCC office in the hope....e mail A.Mansell@btinternet.com if you would like to go.

Historic Sports Car Club Provisional 09 race dates (as at DEC 08)
Sunday 5th***** April******* Donington Park
Sunday 19th** *April******* * Cadwell Park
Sat/Sun 9/10* *May******** * Silverstone (Inter Circ)
Sat/Sun 30/31 May******** * Snetterton (Autosport Trophy)
Sun 14th******** June******** Castle Combe
Sat/Sun 4/5th* July********* Brands Hatch GP (Autoglym SuperPrix)
Fri/Sat/Sun 24/25/26th July Silverstone GP (Classic)
Sun 9th********** Aug********* Mallory Park
Sat/Sun/Mon 29/30/31 August Oulton Park (Gold Cup)
Sun 13th******** Sept********** *Brands Hatch (Indy)*
Sat 17th Oct******************** Silverstone

PS Don't know how to edit first message,
Old 13 Dec 2008, 22:58 (Ref:2354427)   #75
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower
I knew Cedrics brother,Alca.

Tags
historic racing