Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 24 May 2009, 04:59 (Ref:2467956)   #1
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
FIA Homologation Papers & HTPs

It occurs to me that many folks need a reference to these documents but we don't all actually know where to look, so with John T's permission I'll stick this listing here and as and when anyone has a query or an update they can put it here for user base.

http://www.fia.com/resources/documen...ogations_a.pdf
Old 24 May 2009, 07:01 (Ref:2467990)   #2
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Excellent idea.
Old 24 May 2009, 15:41 (Ref:2468297)   #3
SAMD
Veteran

SAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
It occurs to me that many folks need a reference to these documents but we don't all actually know where to look, so with John T's permission I'll stick this listing here and as and when anyone has a query or an update they can put it here for user base.

http://www.fia.com/resources/documen...ogations_a.pdf
Thats a useful looking document, but I dont see the Reliant Scimitar Coupe on it. Where do I go in that case?
Thanks.
Old 24 May 2009, 15:51 (Ref:2468304)   #4
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Haven't a clue unless you try the MSA, then post your findings here?
Old 1 Jun 2009, 19:47 (Ref:2473613)   #5
Serge
Rookie

Belgium
Serge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here's a link to an online archive of some homologation forms, but there aren't that many online anymore. But it can help some people looking for some forms.

http://web.archive.org/web/200503091...ringsattester/

If I can't post this link here I will remove it.
Old 2 Jun 2009, 08:15 (Ref:2473859)   #6
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It's fine Serge; no problems!
Old 2 Jun 2009, 08:21 (Ref:2473861)   #7
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
good stuff, is there an online list of GT cars and all the oddities like the TUrners etc ?
Old 2 Jun 2009, 08:36 (Ref:2473869)   #8
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
That's really why I posted this thread, so the question has been raised, over to our posters.
Old 2 Jun 2009, 10:36 (Ref:2473912)   #9
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
rogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I have a spreadsheet with all homologation numbers. Turner homologation number is 81 in Climax 1220 guise, 120 with Climax 1100, 119 for 950 and 950S model and 102 in Ford 1600.
Old 2 Jun 2009, 13:05 (Ref:2474007)   #10
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
thanks Roger.
Old 17 Jun 2009, 20:31 (Ref:2485487)   #11
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
very quiet . . . . .

maybe people are scared of white might get disclosed

expenses perhaps . . .
Old 18 Jun 2009, 15:47 (Ref:2485961)   #12
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some Mini homologation papers here...

http://mk1-performance-conversions.c...ion_papers.htm
Old 22 Jun 2009, 17:09 (Ref:2488449)   #13
rcarr
Veteran

Germany
Back to the homeland of Scotland!
rcarr has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
How does one go about getting the papers? Who do you contact?
Old 22 Jun 2009, 17:39 (Ref:2488464)   #14
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What would be nice would be a run d0own of when honologation ran out for the various cars in their heyday - ie the CSLs ran out in the late 70s didnt they?
Old 22 Jun 2009, 17:52 (Ref:2488471)   #15
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghinzani View Post
What would be nice would be a run d0own of when honologation ran out for the various cars in their heyday - ie the CSLs ran out in the late 70s didnt they?
I thought that was all prescribed in the rules too - isn't it x years after the end of production of the specific model?
Old 22 Jun 2009, 18:11 (Ref:2488479)   #16
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Needs checking but I think it is five years.
Old 23 Jun 2009, 03:27 (Ref:2488728)   #17
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
For Group A, i believe it was 31 December, five years after original homologation.
Old 6 Jul 2009, 22:59 (Ref:2496934)   #18
Serge
Rookie

Belgium
Serge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You can order your homologation forms from your own ASN, of online at some websites like http://www.dmsb.de/index.html . The websites are quite a bit cheaper than some ASN's.
Old 13 Jul 2009, 17:28 (Ref:2500974)   #19
JP12
Rookie

England
Bristol
JP12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anyone have a copy of the MGB homologation papers?
Old 13 Jul 2009, 19:39 (Ref:2501078)   #20
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
Terry has them tattoe'd on his . . .
Old 14 Jul 2009, 07:19 (Ref:2501363)   #21
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
Terry has them tattoe'd on his . . .

.Sorry,something I never bothered with. But they are available from the MSA.
Old 14 Jul 2009, 08:19 (Ref:2501393)   #22
JP12
Rookie

England
Bristol
JP12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I called the MSA this morning and they have lots of homologation papers for the MGB so I just wanted to check so that I order the right one. For FIA Appendix K pre 66 racing do I need:

Paper dated 1965 GT198
Paper dated 1966 508
Paper dated 1962 GT72
Old 14 Jul 2009, 08:37 (Ref:2501398)   #23
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would have thought it to be 198.What year is your car?

Just remembered,[I think] the 508 is for the GT,so that leaves you with a choice of two.
Old 2 Aug 2009, 21:56 (Ref:2514224)   #24
holmanblackburn
Rookie

England
Worthing
holmanblackburn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMD View Post
Thats a useful looking document, but I dont see the Reliant Scimitar Coupe on it. Where do I go in that case?
Thanks.
My pal Jimmy Morgan homologated the Scimitar, we were gong to go down that route but continued with the Capri`s .I think I have a coy somewhere ,guess I better turn out some cardboard boxes ! I remember some things we managed to include as we wanted to ru a Gp2 varient.
Old 10 Aug 2009, 13:06 (Ref:2518789)   #25
Sabre Rattler
Rookie

United Kingdom
Sabre Rattler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If you find that Homologation paper for the Reliant coupe, please PM me a copy as it might be enough of a push to make us finish ours!

Assume it's the straight six with side rail & overdrive box? (if you have the ZF box, sell it! the Elite boys will give you thousands for it and once the Zodiac engine output exceeds 150 bhp you will knacker it anyway)

With triple SUs and a decent exhaust, a reliable 160 to 170 bhp can be found without a mays head & webers, although the Sabre Six was homologated with triple 40s and the Mays head if you find one that's not porous.

From an unhelpful and oviously confused wife: If cutting 20 kilos from the car will make it competitive, but it costs THAT much, why don't you go on a diet?

Tags
homologation papers