Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 1 Nov 2012, 12:05 (Ref:3161030)   #1
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Autosport International

http://www.autosportinternational.com/
Old 1 Jan 2013, 17:56 (Ref:3183582)   #2
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Not long to go. Expect there will be usual discussion on cost / RR better etc but I'm going Thursday and taking advantage of opportunity to get medical and stress ECG done while there.

To reduce carbon footprint will be making trip by our wonderful railways, so may not be there too long.......

Old 1 Jan 2013, 21:53 (Ref:3183657)   #3
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I should be going Thursday, too. See you there.

Although on the lines of Mike's post, I'm only going for a meeting with some potential clients, if I can get out of it I will. RR is deffo better!
Old 1 Jan 2013, 22:50 (Ref:3183669)   #4
kartincolin
Rookie

Ireland
Cavan, Ireland
kartincolin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkartincolin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Can`t wait to go on the Sunday, it is always a massively enjoyable day and a fantastic show!
Old 2 Jan 2013, 16:47 (Ref:3183872)   #5
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Is it too late to get a Thursday ticket?
Old 2 Jan 2013, 17:27 (Ref:3183889)   #6
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Is it too late to get a Thursday ticket?
Nope- haven't got mine yet. You register on trade website, use code for MSA to get discount, pays yer money and then print own ticket.
Old 2 Jan 2013, 18:15 (Ref:3183915)   #7
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Hmm. Code for MSA?
Old 2 Jan 2013, 18:33 (Ref:3183923)   #8
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Hmm. Code for MSA?
Will pm to you.
Old 2 Jan 2013, 19:55 (Ref:3183943)   #9
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Ty Mike but I can't find anywhere to book tickets fopr Thursday or Friday. Only Sat/Sun
Old 2 Jan 2013, 20:03 (Ref:3183945)   #10
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Ty Mike but I can't find anywhere to book tickets fopr Thursday or Friday. Only Sat/Sun
On home page www.autosportinternational.com two buttons. Left for trade, right for public. You are trade if booking though MSA scheme. Next screen has button for MSA ticket that allows discount code to be entered later on. You do have to give other info but worth it for discount. Any problem I'll book for you and forward email with ticket.

Old 2 Jan 2013, 20:06 (Ref:3183946)   #11
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Lol, I found it ty. See you there hopefully.
Old 2 Jan 2013, 22:08 (Ref:3183972)   #12
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Lol, I found it ty. See you there hopefully.

Admit it, Peter, you were just confirming that you are a man....positively refuse to read (Mike's) instructions..
Old 3 Jan 2013, 04:44 (Ref:3184058)   #13
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Hmm,

I found the access initially but then couldn't get back to it! Mike gave me a clue so I went back to try again. Thus I have registered and will attend for the first time since 2001(ish).

Think I will Also look at the train.
Old 3 Jan 2013, 06:44 (Ref:3184078)   #14
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
It is confusing- logic wouldn't naturally lead you to trade registration just because you have a race licence.......

And the specific trade registration form doesn't allow you the MSA discount, even if you have the code, which is daft.

Thursday good day with the engineering stuff there as well.
Old 3 Jan 2013, 08:24 (Ref:3184107)   #15
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Yup, looking at train times I should be there by 11 ish.
Old 3 Jan 2013, 11:13 (Ref:3184171)   #16
Chris Sharples
Rookie

Chris Sharples should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just posted on the news page on the HSCC website are details of their Autosport Show stand.

The theme is the RAC/BTCC with eleven cars on display ranging from Jack Sear's Austin Westminster through to Matt Neal's Primera.

On the Friday at 1130 they are expecting to be joined on the stand by Messrs, Banks, Brodie, Cleland, Dron, Harvey, Hodgetts, Poole, Procter, Rhodes, Sears and Spice.

Chris
Old 7 Jan 2013, 12:15 (Ref:3185935)   #17
expaddockrunner
Racer

United Kingdom
coventry
expaddockrunner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ticket Price

that time again folks,

just found out I am not working, so I am off the the show.

which is best type of ticket.

Standard - £31

Entrance to the show, plus a seat in the Live Action Arena

Paddock Pass - £41

Entrance to the show, plus best seat in the Live Action Arena, access to back stage Paddock Area, Paddock Guide and access to driver autograph signing sessions.
Paddock Passes
NEW for 2013– Access to the BTCC driver signing area in hall 20 and the opportunity to take pictures with our grid girls at the backstage paddock area.
Entry to Autosport International & The Performance Car Show: powered by Pistonheads.com
Best seat in the Live Action Arena
Access to Driver Signing Area
Access to back Stage Paddock Area
Paddock guide

Last edited by expaddockrunner; 7 Jan 2013 at 12:20. Reason: extra info
Old 7 Jan 2013, 13:20 (Ref:3185968)   #18
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by expaddockrunner View Post
that time again folks,

just found out I am not working, so I am off the the show.

which is best type of ticket.
Can't really make that decision for your as depends on your interests! As a historic racer in all senses my reasons for being there will quite likely be out of sync with yours. Don't like sitting around, have no interest in autographs, nothing of interest for me in PCH, so I make it as cheap as possible! Enjoy whichever you decide.

BTW all, Coys have a few interesting historic cars in their auction- See www.coys.co.ukCheck out lot 304, bit of spit and polish and will be back on the road!

May have to buy a catalogue so can kick some tyres!
Old 7 Jan 2013, 13:56 (Ref:3185983)   #19
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Yes, the Ashley GT and the Lenham Spitfire would look good on an HRDC grid. Also there's Bumble.
Old 7 Jan 2013, 14:03 (Ref:3185984)   #20
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
BTW all, Coys have a few interesting historic cars in their auction- See www.coys.co.ukCheck out lot 304, bit of spit and polish and will be back on the road!
Lot 303 for me.
Old 7 Jan 2013, 14:17 (Ref:3185992)   #21
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Lot 213 caught my eye, for the workshop wall.
Old 7 Jan 2013, 17:01 (Ref:3186054)   #22
Robyn Slater
Veteran

England
Sudbury Suffolk
Robyn Slater should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lot 346 is way under estimate.

If only i had the money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 7 Jan 2013, 17:24 (Ref:3186066)   #23
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
There's a lot of interesting lots there.
Old 7 Jan 2013, 17:38 (Ref:3186076)   #24
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robyn Slater View Post
Lot 346 is way under estimate.

If only i had the money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes, a lot of the estimates seem low- maybe to get the punters in. Thing is with XOO348F is that it is not prepared for racing today, but as a piece of history can only be second to 349F.

'Eligible for a whole host of historic event throught Europe'. Mmmm, not so sure.

My fav is the black Pug T16 , followed by the 6R4. Both again look cheap!
Old 7 Jan 2013, 18:12 (Ref:3186094)   #25
Brian A
Racer

England
Sunny West Sussex
Brian A should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I rather like the look of lot 305 - always had a soft spot for a Fulvia 1.6HF and the Fanalone is the one to have. Again estimate seems low.

But I'm really not sure what I'd do with it, so will not be tempted - this time.

Also really like Malcolm Verey's Jensen 541R, I had one of these some years back but fitted with a XK150S engine - went like the proverbial.... However this one seems quite expensive. I am sure it has cost quite a bit to get it fully prepared for racing, but £55 - £65K is an awful lot for a 541.

Interestingly there is no estimate for the Lenham Spitfire - does this mean it is no reserve? Could be a bargain waiting to happen.