Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 15 Dec 2012, 11:35 (Ref:3178906)   #1
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
2013 Calendar

A bit late this year but I've started with Masters and HSCC. I have Motor Racing Legends to do but will give the forum a rest until next weekend. However feel free to either list your dates here or provide a link to the relevant calendar and I'll plug them in as and when.
Old 15 Dec 2012, 14:48 (Ref:3178938)   #2
vector-pat
Rookie

England
Newbury, Berks
vector-pat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
A bit late this year but I've started with Masters and HSCC. I have Motor Racing Legends to do but will give the forum a rest until next weekend. However feel free to either list your dates here or provide a link to the relevant calendar and I'll plug them in as and when.
HSCC's confirmed at Thruxton "Thruxton Easter Revival" meeting. F2 is on the list for what's going to be a fantastic programme. 30th & 31st March.
Old 15 Dec 2012, 16:16 (Ref:3178957)   #3
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Well done Peter. Appreciate that you have other things on your plate at the moment also!

The Touring Car Trophy for genuine Gp2, Gp A and Super Tourers joins the HSCC at following venues-

Thruxton March 30/31
Brands Superprix July 6/7
Silverstone Classic July 26/27/28
Oulton Park Gold Cup August 24/25/26

Carol Spagg HMRN series are at-

Donington Historic Festival May 4/5 (U2TC, Pre '63, 1000km)
Monza Coppa Intereuropa June 1/2 (U2TC, 1000km)
Spa Summer Classic June 15/16 (1000km)
Dijon l'Age d'Or July 12/13 (U2TC, Pre '63, 1000km)
Silverstone Classic July 26/27/28 (U2TC, Pre '63)
Paul Ricard Aug 31/Sept 01 (U2TC, 1000km)
Spa Six Sept 21/22 (U2TC, Pre'63)

Old 15 Dec 2012, 16:36 (Ref:3178960)   #4
Chigley
Veteran

England
Newbury, Berkshire
Chigley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The Touring Car Trophy for genuine Gp2, Gp A and Super Tourers joins the HSCC at following venues-

Thruxton March 30/31
Fantastic, Humbug to Xmas, can we time warp to mid March.
Old 16 Dec 2012, 09:21 (Ref:3179118)   #5
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post

Thruxton March 30/31
Brands Superprix July 6/7
Silverstone Classic July 26/27/28
Oulton Park Gold Cup August 24/25/26

Ah, so all the lesser quality meetings. Pity they're not doing Cadwell, Croft and Brands Indy.
Old 21 Dec 2012, 07:19 (Ref:3180698)   #6
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Have just received Automobiles Historiques GT&SCC calendar for 2013.

Usually 1 to 2 hr races depending on location

Silverstone May 18/19 (with HSCC)
Monza June 1/2 (Coppa Intereuropa)
Dijon July 12/13
Paul Ricard Aug 31/Sept 01
Portimao Oct 19/20 (date still not set in stone, apparently!)

It has been pointed out to me that there are two historic summer meetings at Dijon next year. The l'Age d'Or is June 15/16 confirmed on PMOrg's website, which is on Masters list, but MRL, GTSCC and HMRN series are there on July 12/13. This is a Friday and Saturday according to my calendar?
Old 21 Dec 2012, 14:21 (Ref:3180806)   #7
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Please include these dates from the Classic Touring Car Racing Club

‎2013 Calender, confirmed, Classic and Historics will do Oulton if 15 entrants can be found:

6...........April 2013 Oulton Park (no c&h)

11/12.....May 2013 Rockingham x2

29/30.....June 2013 Pembrey x2

3/4........August 2013 Mallory x2 (CTCRC Festival)

31Aug/01.September Snetterton x2

21/22......September Croft x2

12/13......October Silverstone x2
Old 21 Dec 2012, 14:44 (Ref:3180811)   #8
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Thanks, Al, been waiting for these as I understand that AROC are sharing your programme for (I think) four meetings again this year.....
Old 21 Dec 2012, 14:49 (Ref:3180813)   #9
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Oh really, be nice to have them back onboard.
Old 21 Dec 2012, 14:50 (Ref:3180814)   #10
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Keep em coming but bear in mind I'm moving home so will be busy with packing, shutting down wi fi etc. If one of the other mods wants to pic things up then fine, otherwise it'll be new year I'm afraid.
Old 21 Dec 2012, 16:38 (Ref:3180846)   #11
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Hope you've got an eraser, Peter, as one change already- and it's all Bernie E's fault!

AMOCR provisional dates. Includes Equipe GTS and HRDC Touring Greats at some if not all rounds.

Silverstone National April 6th
Oulton Park May 7th
Donington June 1st

Brands Hatch Centenary Meeting July 6/7th. Uses Indy on Sat and GP on Sun. This replaces HSCC Superprix that now moves to next weekend July 13/14th. Same w/end as Dijon.
All because a GP date was moved and caused FOS to do so as well.....

Snetterton 300 September 28th

Old 24 Dec 2012, 08:55 (Ref:3181586)   #12
Robert Farrell
Racer

Robert Farrell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
New, old Chestnuts.

The discussion on the Peter Auto Spa Classic prompted me to have a look at their "Sixties Endurance" calendar. Peter Auto have published guidelines as to what modifications are considered acceptable for certain cars.eg.
http://www.peter-auto-racing.com/ima...66_V4_2013.pdf

It looks as though some organisers are giving more serious thought as to the effect "Hot Rods" have on their series. Or is this a Fédération Française du Sport Automobile initiative ?
Old 26 Dec 2012, 13:10 (Ref:3181970)   #13
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
VSCC 2013 calendar includes all their varied events, but racing dates are-

Silverstone (National) February 23rd, Pomeroy Trophy

Silverstone (GP?) April 20 / 21, 'Spring Start' race meeting

Cadwell Park June 8th

Mallory Park July 21st

Pembrey August 18th

Snetterton September 29th

The last event is particularly good news as it confirms VSCC's return to Snetterton after the fantastic meeting last year. As then, AMOCR will be on the 300 circuit Saturday 28th, VSCC on the 200 circuit Sunday 29th. Definitely a weekend to look forward to.
Old 26 Dec 2012, 14:54 (Ref:3181983)   #14
The SpeCTator
Veteran

United Kingdom
South East - England
The SpeCTator should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
The last event is particularly good news as it confirms VSCC's return to Snetterton after the fantastic meeting last year. As then, AMOCR will be on the 300 circuit Saturday 28th, VSCC on the 200 circuit Sunday 29th. Definitely a weekend to look forward to.

The VSCC in 2012 was superb with more overtaking at Murrays than the rest of the season put together

Last edited by The SpeCTator; 26 Dec 2012 at 14:57. Reason: omission
Old 26 Dec 2012, 20:10 (Ref:3182044)   #15
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Farrell View Post
The discussion on the Peter Auto Spa Classic prompted me to have a look at their "Sixties Endurance" calendar. Peter Auto have published guidelines as to what modifications are considered acceptable for certain cars.eg.
http://www.peter-auto-racing.com/ima...66_V4_2013.pdf

It looks as though some organisers are giving more serious thought as to the effect "Hot Rods" have on their series. Or is this a Fédération Française du Sport Automobile initiative ?
Looks like the ignition too far retarded on the shot of the exhaust manifolds.
Old 30 Dec 2012, 19:39 (Ref:3183039)   #16
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Can you put the Stoke Row Motor Sport Day/Classic Car Tour, down please Peter. July 7th. I will start a thread soon.Thanks.
Old 31 Dec 2012, 13:26 (Ref:3183290)   #17
lagedor
Rookie

France
France
lagedor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

[/QUOTE]

For your information le Grand Prix de l'Age d'Or will take place at Dijon the 15 & 16 of june. This July meeting, friday and saturday only has nothing related with us.
Patrick Quiniou
Old 31 Dec 2012, 14:21 (Ref:3183304)   #18
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by lagedor View Post

For your information le Grand Prix de l'Age d'Or will take place at Dijon the 15 & 16 of june. This July meeting, friday and saturday only has nothing related with us.
Patrick Quiniou
Patrick, I did correct that in a later post and am sure when Peter adds the meetings to the calendar he will amend.
Old 31 Dec 2012, 14:36 (Ref:3183308)   #19
lagedor
Rookie

France
France
Thanks !
Old 31 Dec 2012, 14:40 (Ref:3183310)   #20
lagedor
Rookie

France
France
L'Age d'Or 2013

For your informatin we will receive at Dijon
Lurany Trophy
HGPCA pre 61
HGPCA Pre 66
HGPCA sportscars
Masters GP
Masters WSM
Masters Touring Cars
Masters Gentlemen Drivers

So far...

Patrick Quiniou
Old 2 Jan 2013, 18:03 (Ref:3183911)   #21
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
I can confirm CTCRC Classic and Historics do now have a race at the Oulton Park round.
Old 2 Jan 2013, 20:26 (Ref:3183949)   #22
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Can you put the Stoke Row Motor Sport Day/Classic Car Tour, down please Peter. July 7th. I will start a thread soon.Thanks.
Iain. Done, why not use the calendar entry for your thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lagedor View Post

Will get to this at the weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Quiniou
Patrick Quiniou
Done
Old 1 Feb 2013, 15:27 (Ref:3197380)   #23
lml698
Racer

England
Glos
lml698 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
FISCAR race dates 2013

A quick note to all that here are the race dates for the Historic Inter Marque races ( 50's sports and GT cars to period Psec) for 2013. Still waiting on a final green light on the Superprix date but clearly a step forward from last year ( which was still great) 2014 discussions are looking better still !!

5th May Brands Hatch Indy (MGCC)
19th May
Donington Morgan SCC
2nd June Prescott La Vie en Bleu
15/16th June Silverstone GP MG Live! (MGCC)
13th July Brands Hatch GP Provisional
10th August Silverstone Club (BDC)
25/26th Aug Oulton Park Gold Cup (HSCC)
6th October Castle Combe Autumn Classic (CCRC)
6th November Goodwood ACOC Sprint

Prescott and Goodwood are clearly Speed events !!! and we are also working with VSCC on the George Abecassis Centenary Race which is on April 20/21st . This race celebrates George and the many cars, models and marques he made his name in.
For more info refer to the FISCAR.org website ( which is being revamped so patience please)
Old 1 Feb 2013, 15:47 (Ref:3197422)   #24
Derwent Motorsp
Veteran

Scotland
Cumbria
Derwent Motorsp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Donington 19th of May? I can't find this on either the Morgan SCC or Donington sites. It's many years since MSCC ran a race meeting I think.
Old 1 Feb 2013, 22:09 (Ref:3197706)   #25
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derwent Motorsp View Post
Donington 19th of May? I can't find this on either the Morgan SCC or Donington sites. It's many years since MSCC ran a race meeting I think.
The Morgan Sportscar Club have generally ran a single day meeting for a reasonable number of seasons (I haven't been attending meetings for as long as some people on this forum ) at Mallory or, latterly, Donington. I think the meeting is run with support from the CSCC (and BRSCC in the past).