Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 11 Jan 2013, 13:57 (Ref:3187739)   #26
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
And I was just about to compliment you on how well you fought your corner in last couple of days.

OT, but Tim started it so will be OK- the trucks all have to drive through centre of town. Those taking the 'raw material' in for processing are unmarked and dark in colour. The trucks bringing the finished product out are white and sign written. Wonder why.......
Old 11 Jan 2013, 14:04 (Ref:3187744)   #27
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
.........But can I be excused servicing trailer please, have VAT to process and then need to get onto tax return.......
AKA 'tucked up in the warm, with one eye on the Dubai 24h no doubt'
Old 11 Jan 2013, 14:23 (Ref:3187752)   #28
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
AKA 'tucked up in the warm, with one eye on the Dubai 24h no doubt'
It wasn't but is now. Thanks for that! Why no 924s entered, though?

Looking down the list, 24hrs in a Citroen C2 sounds like fun..........
Old 11 Jan 2013, 19:21 (Ref:3187862)   #29
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Adam, there is no crucial duck pond point except in your mind. Oh duck it, I don't know why I bother!

Yes, everyone's out to screw you, go back to wearing leather flying helmets and no belts. We will kill several drivers a year, maim others and get the sport banned but never mind, it was cheaper while it lasted....

Rant over. I'll go and catch up on my sleep and will be my usual sunny self again when I come back on Tenths
Just to clarify, I too think this is an over reaction. I was just trying to make light of it. Still nice to see rants all round
Old 11 Jan 2013, 21:49 (Ref:3187928)   #30
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I wonder when the first lookalike FIA product made in China complete with a fake hologram will appear !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 11 Jan 2013, 21:50 (Ref:3187929)   #31
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
. .

Couple of glasses of wine, a large brandy and sunny disposition restored. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh.

. .
Old 15 Jan 2013, 10:58 (Ref:3189356)   #32
lotustwincam
Rookie

United Kingdom
lotustwincam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
don't think there's a short answer to this except to say the Blue book is accessible online
There are still exemptions for pre-1960 vehicles, most everything else needs to be MSA approved for use in UK or FIA approved for use in mainland Europe, but the two sets of requirements are merging year-on-year to simplify things. Belts and seats are now dated and 'lifed'. Gloves and shoes now have to be fire resistant. Etc. So there have been many minor changes in 35 years which add up to a lot.
Thanks, only asking out of interest. I dont want to start on the blue book as it may set me off with ideas of having another go, and look what happened to Schumacher!