Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 16 Dec 2013, 20:10 (Ref:3344707)   #51
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
I'm not sure ace should dare to suggest anything of the sort.

I'd be reasonably confident to suggest that Nico and Fonz wouldn't decimate to such a degree by any means. The likes of Dixon and Helio are more than capable of holding their own and we know that a certain big name single-seater returnee was more than a match for Fernando in battle a few years back.
Yeah, the very front of Indycar are a match for the very front of F1, but the mid of F1 are a match for the front of Indycar, whilst almost all of F1 could easily get top 10s and maybe top 5s on a good day in the series.
Old 17 Dec 2013, 11:28 (Ref:3344947)   #52
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuits In A Red Bull View Post
Yeah, the very front of Indycar are a match for the very front of F1, but the mid of F1 are a match for the front of Indycar, whilst almost all of F1 could easily get top 10s and maybe top 5s on a good day in the series.
Maybe that's also because the gap between a front F1 car (team) and a mid F1 car (team) is massively wider in F1 than in Indycar?
Old 20 Dec 2013, 09:59 (Ref:3346251)   #53
JacobP
Racer

JacobP should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What IndyCar needs is people with a bit more personality. In F1, guys like Hamilton, Vettel, and Raikkonen, whether you like their stunts or not, add quite a bit of flair. We need a Mr. Celebrity, Mr. Competitive Jerk, and a Frat party drunkard. Now.
Old 21 Dec 2013, 16:24 (Ref:3346668)   #54
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacobP View Post
What IndyCar needs is people with a bit more personality. In F1, guys like Hamilton, Vettel, and Raikkonen, whether you like their stunts or not, add quite a bit of flair. We need a Mr. Celebrity, Mr. Competitive Jerk, and a Frat party drunkard. Now.
I think you might be stretching it a bit far when you suggest that lot would add personality!! Celebrity and ability unquestionably so, but personality isn't something they are famous for...
Old 21 Dec 2013, 17:09 (Ref:3346687)   #55
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I don't think importing even more irritating people will help Indycar too much. I just hope Cranky Mikey Andretti doesn't tell Indycar about the gimmick Formula E have, inviting the public to vote for boost for their favourite driver.
Old 23 Dec 2013, 22:07 (Ref:3347399)   #56
Formulahistory
Veteran

Formulahistory should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yannick View Post
Service Central putting Jacques Villeneuve in a 2nd Sarah Fisher Racing car for the 2011 Indy 500 would have been amazing, though. But like so many European style drivers, Jacques is not interested.
Why was Jacques not interested? Why are drivers not interested in IndyCar? I think the racing is great. Okay you can earn more money in NASCAR and a lot of drivers have not the money to race in IndyCar, but Villeneuve had the chance, but had no interests. Why? He is not really driving anywhere - so that's stupid in my opinion.
Old 23 Dec 2013, 23:44 (Ref:3347426)   #57
rwintle
Veteran

Canada
Maple (yes really), Canada
rwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridrwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formulahistory View Post
Why was Jacques not interested?
My guess - been there, done that, won the Indy 500, won the championship, moved on to F1. Now having more (if sporadic) fun in NASCAR, mostly retired from racing. Why would he go back? What would there be to prove?
Old 24 Dec 2013, 04:40 (Ref:3347483)   #58
JacobP
Racer

JacobP should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwintle View Post
My guess - been there, done that, won the Indy 500, won the championship, moved on to F1. Now having more (if sporadic) fun in NASCAR, mostly retired from racing. Why would he go back? What would there be to prove?
Having made the mistake of his life by leaving Williams in 1999, he should have come back to IRL or CART racing right after the first disastrous season with BAR. Instead, he stayed in F1 for too many years wasting his prime years racing with uncompetitive teams, with predictable results. Such a waste of talent. Former F1 champions like Prost, Mansell, and Raikkonen were smart enough to take some time off from F1 racing when there was no competitive seat available.
Old 24 Dec 2013, 05:41 (Ref:3347494)   #59
rwintle
Veteran

Canada
Maple (yes really), Canada
rwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridrwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Having made the mistake of his life by leaving Williams in 1999, he should have come back to IRL or CART racing right after the first disastrous season with BAR. Instead, he stayed in F1 for too many years wasting his prime years racing with uncompetitive teams, with predictable results. Such a waste of talent. Former F1 champions like Prost, Mansell, and Raikkonen were smart enough to take some time off from F1 racing when there was no competitive seat available.
Or, looking at it another way, he enjoyed the challenge of working with a new team (BAR), which is what I recall him saying at the time. Whatever, it seems he enjoyed his time in F1 more than the other available options at the time.

On the other hand, would a second Sarah Fisher car for the 2011 Indy 500 have been competitive?

Last edited by rwintle; 24 Dec 2013 at 05:43. Reason: got the wrong end of the stick, transiently
Old 24 Dec 2013, 09:29 (Ref:3347532)   #60
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think having a Busch in the Indy 500 could help this series...

...and Busch is American...
Old 24 Dec 2013, 12:35 (Ref:3347578)   #61
Formulahistory
Veteran

Formulahistory should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwintle View Post
But he don't really want to retire...