Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 30 Dec 2016, 16:44 (Ref:3699171)   #176
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
All the 2017 events I had written down are now on the calendar. That doesn't mean it's complete or correct!

Any errors or omissions please shout.....
Old 4 Jan 2017, 15:27 (Ref:3700141)   #177
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
All the 2017 events I had written down are now on the calendar. That doesn't mean it's complete or correct!

Any errors or omissions please shout.....
I couldn't find Goodwood Members' Meeting but Goodwood have just released a limited number of tickets for sale to the general public - £84 for each day or £134 for the weekend.
Old 4 Jan 2017, 16:07 (Ref:3700145)   #178
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
I couldn't find Goodwood Members' Meeting but Goodwood have just released a limited number of tickets for sale to the general public - £84 for each day or £134 for the weekend.
It's on there- March 18/19th. Maybe you didn't click on 'Go' after selecting March 2017?

PS sounds like a bargain....
Old 6 Jan 2017, 12:47 (Ref:3700535)   #179
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Just been confirmed. I've got Tiff Needell as my co-driver again.
Old 7 Jan 2017, 15:39 (Ref:3700805)   #180
Brian A
Racer

England
Sunny West Sussex
Brian A should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've just been cross checking my own plans for the year with the 2017 Calendar and I have a couple that are missing from the TenTenths version.

Morgan Sports Car Club have a meeting on the late May Bank Holiday Monday - the 29th of May at Brands Hatch (Indy circuit). It is a FISCAR round.

The final VSCC meeting of the year is on Sunday 17th September at Snetterton - I believe it is on the 200 circuit but not certain at this stage. JT is organising the "Archie Scott Brown Trophy", I may even be tempted to dig out the Mk IX for this one as I'll be there anyway with the Alvis special.

There is a MGCC meeting listed for 8th/9th July at Knockhill which according to the latest MGCC magazine is not happening. But they are having a meeting on the 22nd July at Cadwell Park which is currently missing.

Last edited by Brian A; 7 Jan 2017 at 16:04. Reason: Added the info on MGCC
Old 7 Jan 2017, 16:54 (Ref:3700811)   #181
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Thanks Brian. I realised the MSCC meeting was missing and will post it this w/end. According to their website, FISCAR are also due to race at Zandvoort in July and at Donington beginning of Sept?

The MGCC dates I originally found were questionable so not surprised incorrect. I'll amend.

The Sept VSCC meeting was on my list but just slipped through the net.....

Edit! The VSCC meeting was posted, but somehow as 2016....

Last edited by Mike Bell; 8 Jan 2017 at 06:38.
Old 9 Jan 2017, 13:15 (Ref:3701252)   #182
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Just added the second day of MGCC's Snetterton meeting 30th Sept / 1st Oct. Sunday will feature the annual BMH 4hr relay.

And note for bauble- the Morgan Challenge calendar includes Donington on 10th Sept with MGCC. According to my research, it's CSCC at Donny that day, not MG, but don't expect that will make much difference to you......
Old 10 Jan 2017, 14:48 (Ref:3701599)   #183
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Just been confirmed. I've got Tiff Needell as my co-driver again.
Oh bad luck!!!
Old 10 Jan 2017, 15:00 (Ref:3701604)   #184
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Oh bad luck!!!
You said it, not me!
Old 10 Jan 2017, 15:29 (Ref:3701608)   #185
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Oh bad luck!!!

On who?
Old 12 Jan 2017, 08:16 (Ref:3701978)   #186
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
The HRDC (very cool) website has their 2017 calendar-

http://www.hrdc.eu/calendar2017.html

Homepage here for more info-

http://www.hrdc.eu/

I'll get the dates added to calendar.
Old 19 Jan 2017, 09:21 (Ref:3703530)   #187
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Its a very complex calendar the HRDC!
Old 19 Jan 2017, 11:48 (Ref:3703560)   #188
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
Its a very complex calendar the HRDC!
Certainly is! Good to see that they take a full page in Autosport to publicise it. Don't know any other organiser that does that.....

I'm still not sure what the Coombs Jag series is for. (Obviously Jaguars...) Any idea?
Old 19 Jan 2017, 17:18 (Ref:3703608)   #189
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Its for MK1/MK2/MK7 saloons . . . . probably XK's . . .maybe a one make Goodwood special on the horizon.

Its a shame as The Jags fitted in well for TC63 a few years back, a real shame that series didn't get just a little bit more support to justify its existence. . . .or more of the early 60's cars in 50's series didn't move across . .anyway, what do I know.
Old 25 Jan 2017, 16:44 (Ref:3705041)   #190
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Historic Motor Racing News have announced the U2TC and Pre '63GT events for 2017.

The latter was flavour of the month a few seasons ago, but is now reduced to one 50 minute race at Silverstone Classic. That is a shame, but I'll leave others to suggest reasons why it has fallen....

U2TC have only 4 events, all with 2 x 40 min races (except for the Classic- 1 x 50 minute). The dates are all on the calendar already....

Donington Historic Festival

Silverstone Classic

Spa '6hrs'

Algarve Classic

Old 25 Jan 2017, 17:29 (Ref:3705051)   #191
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Did you notice that the MRL Touring cars race at the Algarve is two driver/two hours?
Old 25 Jan 2017, 18:32 (Ref:3705061)   #192
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Did you notice that the MRL Touring cars race at the Algarve is two driver/two hours?
Yes Peter- I was going to mention it on here but it slipped off the old memory bank shelf! Thank you for reminding me.

2 hour 2 driver, with refuelling, from memory? I would think it will be a hard race to finish in something like a GAA Capri, so maybe something less highly stressed will be in with a chance.......
Old 25 Jan 2017, 18:37 (Ref:3705063)   #193
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Hmm.

Yes I have the event on my schedule just have to look at Co drivers now.
Old 21 Feb 2017, 06:28 (Ref:3713599)   #194
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Received rom AMOCR-

The new Equipe GTS Relay could be of interest to some on here?

2017 Entry Forms and Registration Forms now available

Entry Forms for all AMOC Racing race series, and registration forms for the AMOC Intermarque Championship and the Aston Martin GT Challenge are all now available to download from our new website. Please note the domain name is now: www.amocracing.com

We have listened to all of your comments and feedback over the winter and at the recent Drivers Meeting, and have incorporated everything into the new season where we can. Here is an outline of how the 2017 season is going to work:

AMOC Intermarque Championship & Aston Martin GT Challenge

For three of this year’s six rounds we will be separating the Intermarque and GT Challenge races (Oulton Park, Snetterton and Brands Hatch). All rounds of the Intermarque Championship will be run for 45 minutes. Where the GT Challenge has a separate race, this will be run for 50 minutes.

We are considering a plan to allow the cars from the GT Challenge to also run with the Intermarque Championship at those rounds where the GT Challenge has its own separate race. This is to allow the GT cars a second race in the day. Details will be published separately.

Innes Ireland Trophy and AMOC 50s Sports Cars

These two series will be run as separate races from now on. The 50s Sports cars will revert to a 30-minute, single driver format; and the Innes Ireland – for Pre ’66 GT and Touring Cars – will run as a 45-minute, two driver race.

The AMOC 50s Sports Cars will continue to incorporate the Vredestein JEC XK Challenge into the race, as has happened very successfully for the past five years. The 50s Sports cars will run at all four of our own meetings this year – Oulton Park, Snetterton, Brands Hatch and Silverstone.

The Innes Ireland Trophy will run at three of our meetings – Oulton Park, Snetterton and Brands Hatch

Pre-War Team Challenge and St John Horsfall Memorial Trophy

The Pre-War Team Challenge will consist of three rounds this year – Oulton Park, Brands Hatch and Silverstone. Each race will be 20 minutes, and will run as a ‘staggered start’ handicap race. We will revert to the old format of teams of three cars which worked so well for many years.

The Silverstone round will include the St John Horsfall Memorial Race for pre-War Aston Martins.

Equipe GTS

We are pleased to have Equipe GTS joining us again this year, This very successful series – for pre-‘66 GT and GTS cars up to 2700cc – will be joining us at Snetterton for a 40-minute, two-driver race..

At our Silverstone round in September they are launching a new race that might appeal to some of you – The Equipe 3 Hour Classic Relay based on a series of races at Sebring in the 60s. The race is for pre '66 FiA cars running on Dunlop Historic tyres and combines GT and GTS cars up to 3 litre with Touring and Saloon cars up to 2 litre. (FiA papers will not be mandatory). Teams of between 2 and 4 cars will work on a handicap system to ensure close results.

The Classic Relay brochure can be downloaded HERE and further information can be found on the Equipe website at www.equipeclassicracing.com. They have a stand (HM86) at the Historic Motorsport show at ExCel later this week and would be delighted to answer any questions you have. See below for details and to apply for complimentary tickets to the show.

Free Practice

Following an initiative developed by Roger Bennington last year, it is likely that at some of our meetings we can offer a circa 30-minute ‘Free Practice’ at the beginning of the day. This will be open to all, pay on the day and cost £150 per car. Cars will need to be entered for the meeting and fully scrutineered before the Free Practice session. Drivers must also be entered for the meeting and must be signed on before the Free Practice session.

We currently envisage Free Practice sessions at Oulton Park and Silverstone, and may be able to offer this facility at Brands Hatch too. We’ll publish further details once the full race programme for each meeting is established.

Invited Grids

In addition to Equipe GTS and the Vredestein JEC XK Challenge, we are pleased to confirm that the Porsche Club Championship will be joining us at Oulton Park, and at Snetterton Motor Racing Legends will be bringing their Historic Touring Car Challenge – for Group 1, Group 2 and Group A Touring Cars from 1966 to 1990. We are also in the final stages of discussions with another exciting initiative to join us a Brands Hatch – more of that in due course.

2017 Calendar

To remind you, here is our full 2017 calendar:
• Sunday 23rd April - Donington Park Outround
• Saturday 13th May - Oulton Park AMOC Racing meeting
• Saturday 24th June - Rockingham Outround
• Saturday 8th July - Snetterton 300 AMOC Racing meeting
• Saturday 12th August - Brands Hatch Indy AMOC Racing meeting
• Saturday 30th September - Silverstone National AMOC Racing meeting

2017 is going to be a very exciting season. We know we have much to do to build entry numbers, but we have all the right ingredients in place. With your support, I have no doubt we will achieve this aim.

Best regards

Duncan Wiltshire
Old 1 Mar 2017, 00:38 (Ref:3715402)   #195
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Hi Mike and all

has this been put in the calendar?

https://www.facebook.com/CAMMF360/?ref=page_internal
Old 1 Mar 2017, 06:28 (Ref:3715446)   #196
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaireSmith View Post
Hi Mike and all

has this been put in the calendar?

https://www.facebook.com/CAMMF360/?ref=page_internal
Now that you've told us it has been!
Old 1 Mar 2017, 08:03 (Ref:3715468)   #197
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Now that you've told us it has been!

lol thank you Mike... will tell more further on... quite looking forward to it , hope you are all well
Old 5 Mar 2017, 13:35 (Ref:3716654)   #198
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hi Mike, hope all's well, were you part of the March 1 rush for the 17 plate in your new acquisition?

Just received invitation to enter Lime Rock Historic Fall from 1 - 4 September, which is highly recommended, especially as for 2017’s Historic Festival 35, the special feature is the appearance of the world-wide “Diamond Jubilee Tour of Formula Junior.”

Link to entry form below, I really can't recommend it highly enough, it reminds me of the early years of the Goodwood Revival.

http://relay.netatlantic.com/t/33734...9777/65039/24/
Old 5 Mar 2017, 16:14 (Ref:3716689)   #199
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Ryan View Post
Just received invitation to enter Lime Rock Historic Fall from 1 - 4 September, which is highly recommended, especially as for 2017’s Historic Festival 35, the special feature is the appearance of the world-wide “Diamond Jubilee Tour of Formula Junior.”

Link to entry form below, I really can't recommend it highly enough, it reminds me of the early years of the Goodwood Revival.

http://relay.netatlantic.com/t/33734...9777/65039/24/

Cliff, the Formula Junior involvement is, as you quote above, part of their 2 year World Tour. North America makes up Sectors 6 & 7, details on this link-

http://formulajunior.com/event/fj-di...our-2016-2018/