Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 16 Nov 2016, 16:24 (Ref:3688553)   #51
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
A very great shame. Anglesey does tend to be on the CSCC calendar every other year though, so I'd expect it to be back in 2018.
Yeah, shame about Anglesey and Cadwell - but I accept you can't have everything, and having whinged last year about lack of Northern events I'm happy with this calendar.

Just have to pass medical and sell something to afford the entry fees, now.
Old 17 Nov 2016, 11:04 (Ref:3688820)   #52
Moosehead
Veteran

Moosehead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
After a year off this looks a great calendar and I was looking forward to getting back out there in 2017, shame every meeting is on a weekend I'm sheduled to be working. Guess I'll be having a chat with the gaffer about changing rotas!
CSCC Swinging Sixties #128 Red/Black Mustang
Old 19 Nov 2016, 07:52 (Ref:3689197)   #53
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
The event that intrigues me on the CSCC calendar is the November 11/12 date at Brands (Indy) with 'night races'. Not that difficult time-wise, as it will be getting dark by late pm!

Anyone any more info?
Old 19 Nov 2016, 08:40 (Ref:3689209)   #54
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
This is interesting stuff from HSCC on licence requirements. Based on changed MSA rules for 2017-

[Q)9.1.2. will be new from 1st January 2017.]

‘(Q)9.1.1. Any Driver competing in a Single Seat Racing Car, 0.5bhp/kg or greater (excluding driver weight), must be the holder of a Race National ‘A’ licence, as a minimum, with the exception of a Championship which has been authorised by MSA to set an alternative qualification.

Q9.1.2. Any Driver competing in a vehicle of 0.34bhp/kg or higher (excluding driver weight) and measured at the driven wheels, with the exception of single seaters as detailed in 9.1.1 above, must be the holder of a Race National ‘A’ licence, as a minimum.’

Full info on how this will apply to HSCC Championships and series in 2017 here.-

http://www.hscc.org.uk/images/MSA_In...lification.pdf
Old 19 Nov 2016, 08:43 (Ref:3689211)   #55
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
The event that intrigues me on the CSCC calendar is the November 11/12 date at Brands (Indy) with 'night races'. Not that difficult time-wise, as it will be getting dark by late pm!

Anyone any more info?
I assume that MSV intend to bulk out the Britcar "into the night" meeting to fill the programme for the weekend. They reinstated the night race this year with an hoc mixture of racing which did not really work that well.
Old 19 Nov 2016, 17:08 (Ref:3689437)   #56
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
I assume that MSV intend to bulk out the Britcar "into the night" meeting to fill the programme for the weekend. They reinstated the night race this year with an hoc mixture of racing which did not really work that well.
Don't think MSV have anything to do with this, it's a CSCC organised meeting, same as last year, see the event schedule at http://www.tsl-timing.com/event/154464
Having said that, the recent newsletter reminded us that last year's race was abandoned due to fog!

Mike if you want to race at night come and do the Race of Remembrance with us, it's 1000km across 2 days starting with 1600 to 1900 on the Saturday so plenty of dark
Old 20 Nov 2016, 10:05 (Ref:3689673)   #57
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I've received the provisional 2017 calendar from HSCC this morning:

8 April Donington Park
20/21 May Silverstone GP
17/18 June Cadwell Park
1/2 July Brands Hatch GP
5/6 August Croft
26-28 August Oulton Park International
23 September Brands Hatch Indy
14/15 October Silverstone National

In addition HSCC will organise races at other meetings, including:

28-30 April Donington Historic Festival
21-23 July Silverstone Classic
4/5 November Silverstone Walter Hayes Trophy
Old 20 Nov 2016, 11:22 (Ref:3689683)   #58
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Thanks, John, no changes to the dates from 'tentative' ones Rudolf was given, which is good.

We do also now know from your post the WH date and that there will be a Donington Festival on the MayDay BH w/end- just remains to know which organisers will be there.....

Old 20 Nov 2016, 12:49 (Ref:3689705)   #59
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Anyone any more info?
I don't know the details, Mike but they have run them at Brands a couple of times in the past, although last years was fogged off!

It's a "standard" CSCC weekend meeting but the last race of the day is a 40 min all comers night race on each day. I can't remember the specifics of the qualifying arrangements as I have not done one.

Very popular meeting, though.

Definitely nothing to do with Britcar!
Old 20 Nov 2016, 13:15 (Ref:3689709)   #60
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Cheers, Andy.

Looking at the dates for the Donington Festival, they don't include the May bank holiday Monday. So 3 days, Friday to Sunday, presume with all the qualifying sessions first day. That may be why one previous atendee / Organiser is rumoured not to be returning.....

Or it could be just an incorrect date!
Old 20 Nov 2016, 13:20 (Ref:3689710)   #61
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
....Or it could be just an incorrect date!
Friday to Sunday are certainly the dates listed on the DHF website, Mike.

"Following feedback from spectators and competitors, who come from all over Europe to compete, the festival is now running from Friday 28 – Sunday 30 April. This allows all the excitement of qualifying to take place on the Friday, and even more action-packed racing on Saturday and Sunday."

Last edited by gary396; 20 Nov 2016 at 13:22. Reason: Added website quote
Old 20 Nov 2016, 13:26 (Ref:3689712)   #62
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
There's a website?

Old 20 Nov 2016, 13:33 (Ref:3689714)   #63
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.doningtonhistoric.com/
Old 20 Nov 2016, 16:07 (Ref:3689750)   #64
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
I've bookmarked it for future reference, thanks Gary!
Old 21 Nov 2016, 19:03 (Ref:3690005)   #65
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
750MC provisional dates issued - obviously not all series at each event

750 Motor Club – Provisional Dates 2017
18th / 19th March – Donington Park National
1st April – Oulton Park International
22nd / 23rd April – Snetterton 300
29th April – Silverstone National
27th / 28th May – Croft
3rd / 4th June – Zandvoort (MX-5 only)
17th / 18th June – Brands Hatch Indy
8th / 9th July – Anglesey Coastal
29th / 30th July – Cadwell Park
19th / 20th August – Silverstone International
26th August – Thruxton
9th / 10th September – Rockingham
23rd September – Snetterton 300
30th Sept / 1st October – Donington GP
30th Sept / 1st October – Spa Francorchamps (Club Enduro only)
28th October – Silverstone GP (Birkett Relay)
Old 21 Nov 2016, 19:35 (Ref:3690009)   #66
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Entry in for the Spa 3hrs. Also discovered I have invite for 75MM so entry in for that too. Licence medical on Thursday. Fingers crossed.
Old 21 Nov 2016, 19:37 (Ref:3690011)   #67
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
I spent the 70's and 80,s racing with 750 M/C. Very happy days. They sure are busy these days.
Old 21 Nov 2016, 20:10 (Ref:3690021)   #68
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Licence medical on Thursday. Fingers crossed.
Deferring my medical until the new year so that I can get the usual two years for the price of one.......assuming my ageing body will pass, that is......
Old 22 Nov 2016, 00:40 (Ref:3690083)   #69
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
And CTCRC have released their calender, too:

Apr 8/9 Rockingham
May 13/14 Cadwell
Jun 17/18 Silverstone (GP)
July 1/2 Brands Hatch
Sep 2/3 Thruxton
Oct 7/8 Silverstone (Int)
Old 22 Nov 2016, 08:28 (Ref:3690143)   #70
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There's a mistook there somewhere...HSCC and CTCRC both at Brands 1/2 July?
Old 22 Nov 2016, 11:47 (Ref:3690187)   #71
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quite! It's a usual HSCC date so would more likely be CTCRC that's wrong?

Or maybe this is the future- clubs sharing the venue.....

Last edited by Mike Bell; 22 Nov 2016 at 11:52.
Old 22 Nov 2016, 19:56 (Ref:3690321)   #72
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
The clash has been noted on the CTCRC FB page - reply was - well we said they were provisional........and the expectation that they won't both be there!
Old 23 Nov 2016, 17:04 (Ref:3690555)   #73
vector-pat
Rookie

England
Newbury, Berks
vector-pat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm as sorry as you are that the Easter Revival isn't on the 2017 calendar. It was building up year on year and a real favourite with both Bill and myself. The door is definitely open for 2018 and we'd love to have it back.
Old 23 Nov 2016, 18:30 (Ref:3690569)   #74
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thruxton's popular with FF2000 drivers - I'd be very keen to see it back in 2018.
Old 25 Nov 2016, 14:03 (Ref:3690939)   #75
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
Bit of additional info re F2 races with the HSCC:

http://www.hscc.org.uk/hscc-media/2-...dule-announced