Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 2 Jan 2017, 20:01 (Ref:3699747)   #26
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
I must make the effort and get along to Brooklands one of these years . Alan Morgan normally goes but he has man flu.
Old 3 Jan 2017, 00:36 (Ref:3699799)   #27
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Sue and I did our usual and went and joined the throngs in Mojacar square with the fireworks off the church roof and free Cava and grapes at midnight. We then went to the Jazz Café and watched a band until 3am. I had to get up to film the Charity swim in the sea down the road on the Playa that I put on my Site for the locals.
Although the water at this time of year is warmer than the UK it was still pretty nippy !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXP40fgbPXM

Some of them obviously watched it as it's had 400 views !!
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 3 Jan 2017, 08:22 (Ref:3699845)   #28
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
HNY all, I was asleep on the sofa by half ten! In my defence we started partying at 4pm with scalextric and pale ale.
Old 3 Jan 2017, 09:10 (Ref:3699859)   #29
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If we are going to be kicking those shoes off may I request that people change their socks at least once a week, please?
Old 3 Jan 2017, 10:03 (Ref:3699865)   #30
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I put a clean pair on everyday. By the end of the week I can't get my shoes on.
Old 3 Jan 2017, 10:18 (Ref:3699869)   #31
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
I put a clean pair on everyday. By the end of the week I can't get my shoes on.
You sound like he man who was advised to walk 5 miles a day for his health, and at the end of the week was 35 miles from home.
Old 3 Jan 2017, 10:36 (Ref:3699874)   #32
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Before criticizing a man, walk a mile in his shoes. Then when you do criticize him, you're a mile away and you've got his shoes.
Old 4 Jan 2017, 16:13 (Ref:3700146)   #33
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Peter, do you have a book of those sayings somewhere?

I know it's almost possible to do justice to a Rainbow by photographing one, but an hour or so ago I chanced on an absolute beaut- complete hoop as well. Didn't find a pot of gold though.....
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpeg  
Old 4 Jan 2017, 16:26 (Ref:3700148)   #34
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Had a great afternoon hear at Delta HQ. All the sheep got out of the adjoining field to workshop. I rounded them up and got them back. Well I thought it was exciting.Farmer Giles just been in to thank me.
Old 4 Jan 2017, 17:03 (Ref:3700160)   #35
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Before criticizing a man, walk a mile in his shoes. Then when you do criticize him, you're a mile away and you've got his shoes.
The problem with that theory Peter, is you might find the chap right behind wearing your shoes.
Old 6 Jan 2017, 08:20 (Ref:3700475)   #36
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
I must make the effort and get along to Brooklands one of these years . Alan Morgan normally goes but he has man flu.
I went to Brooklands as usual with a couple of friends, not as many cars as last year as the weather kept a lot of people away but pure nostalgia for me as an ex British Aircraft apprentice. Despite the immense amount of work that the volunteers have undertaken to restore various aspects of the site , it always always saddens me to see to the way that the airfield has declined into a glorified retail park but that's another story...
Old 6 Jan 2017, 10:26 (Ref:3700497)   #37
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
In the cafe at local hospital . £1,55 for a plain Quassont. WTF. Good job I'm on the Mike Bell Diet.
Old 6 Jan 2017, 10:48 (Ref:3700503)   #38
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
In the cafe at local hospital . £1,55 for a plain Quassont. WTF. Good job I'm on the Mike Bell Diet.
Based on experience from the Ace Café that must be black pudding and bubble and squeak.

Oh! And only water to drink.
Old 6 Jan 2017, 12:08 (Ref:3700529)   #39
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Based on experience from the Ace Café that must be black pudding and bubble and squeak.

Oh! And only water to drink.
At home it's left over Xmas cake, left over Xmas pud, left over chocs, etc etc.

Slowly getting it under control.....
Old 6 Jan 2017, 12:47 (Ref:3700536)   #40
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
At home it's left over Xmas cake, left over Xmas pud, left over chocs, etc etc.

Slowly getting it under control.....
It's OK for you. My wife has a Home Baking business and although we sold all the mince pies, there's still loads of shortbread, fudge, Florentines and savoury biscuits to wade through. (Well, we can't throw them away can we?)
Old 6 Jan 2017, 13:04 (Ref:3700542)   #41
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
It's OK for you. My wife has a Home Baking business and although we sold all the mince pies, there's still loads of shortbread, fudge, Florentines and savoury biscuits to wade through. (Well, we can't throw them away can we?)
Sounds like a double edged sword to me! You're right though, can't waste the goodies. And you've reminded me- I've got some mincers in a cupboard somewhere as well.....
Old 6 Jan 2017, 13:08 (Ref:3700544)   #42
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Should have had the Ace Café gathering at your place!

I shall have my last mince pie & brandy butter tonight.
Old 6 Jan 2017, 14:08 (Ref:3700561)   #43
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
So it's her setting light to all those houses?
Old 6 Jan 2017, 14:25 (Ref:3700567)   #44
bauble
Veteran

England
oops!
Old 6 Jan 2017, 14:55 (Ref:3700576)   #45
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
oops!
Exactly...
Old 7 Jan 2017, 10:39 (Ref:3700769)   #46
bauble
Veteran

England
With the bathroom scales accelerating faster than an F1 car, and with Christmas looming on the horizon, it was a case of turning a blind eye to Quality Street, Cadbury's biscuits, and similar temptations over the festive season for me.

So enjoy those left over 'flab producers' and think of poor old Bauble wasting away as he watches 'er indoors tucking in to the remains of the goodies. Still we have a spare turkey for dinner on Sunday, and that can only be good for me, surely?

If wandering around the paddock at the Pom or Spring Start your eye should catch sight of a tall, good looking, and particularly slim, yet distinguished elder gentleman. Please pass on my regards.
Old 7 Jan 2017, 11:58 (Ref:3700787)   #47
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Kind of you Bob, but I probably won't be there!
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!
Old 8 Jan 2017, 13:02 (Ref:3701003)   #48
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Me and Alan Morgan shot down to Cornwall yesterday to clear out a good friends garage . He is very poorly . With all the spares are some MGA engine parts . Can you spread the word and PM me if you know anyone interested it's easier to call with the list . Cheers
Old 8 Jan 2017, 20:43 (Ref:3701106)   #49
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
A somewhat belated Happy New Year to all.....for a variety of reasons I haven't been on here since Xmas, so had a fair bit of catching up to do.......and this thread has reminded me that throughout the entire Xmas period I failed to consume a single mince pie!

Wonder if Tescos have any left ? (at a discount for a poor pensioner, of course....)
Old 9 Jan 2017, 06:28 (Ref:3701177)   #50
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
A somewhat belated Happy New Year to all.....for a variety of reasons I haven't been on here since Xmas, so had a fair bit of catching up to do.......and this thread has reminded me that throughout the entire Xmas period I failed to consume a single mince pie!

Wonder if Tescos have any left ? (at a discount for a poor pensioner, of course....)
Belated HNY to you as well, Richard. JS was full of hot cross buns yesterday, so probably too late for a mincer. I expect the confectionary dept was promoting cream eggs as well......