Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 26 Jul 2017, 17:58 (Ref:3754543)   #26
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I have named the draw 'The Orange and Black Draw' to distance it from any connection with the Classic. The list continues to grow, but late additions may still be brought along, Some will be used on Friday in the usual Delta Draw, and the bulk for the main draw run by Fay.

Total of the cash and items now comfortably exceeds £1000 so thanks to everyone who has helped.

Bauble.
Old 29 Jul 2017, 05:47 (Ref:3755279)   #27
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Despite the inclement weather (it rained) 44 hardy souls of both genders (must be politically correct) tuned up for a feast of beef burgers and sausages well burnt by Colin (Master Chef) McKay, whose recipe is now on sale at all cheap book shops.

As always Delta had done a superb job (to be honest Mrs. Delta) with copious amounts of spiritual liquor and more (and better) burgers than McDonald's. available until closing time. After a long hard day at the coal face it is great to see so many of our friends enjoying a social evening and generally not being too rowdy.

A free prize draw enabled Morwenna to walk away a little better off than when she came and a number of other items were distributed thanks to the generosity of so many drivers and media who were pleased to get rid of some of the junk from the attic.

A simple quiz proved too hard for the drink befuddled brains of most attendees, however, clearly Morwenna is abstemious as she then scooped the prize for that as well. To be fair it was a team effort so they will have to take turns reading the Stirling Moss book they won.

Mike Bell was prominent in the cooking area although whether that was as assistant chef or merely as a consumer of burgers I could not establish.

A full report will no doubt appear in Autosport, Motor Sport and the Daily Telegraph, but a big hand to iain for his efforts, and next time you see him heading for a gravel bed ........................ remember who your friends are.

Bauble.
Old 29 Jul 2017, 08:19 (Ref:3755375)   #28
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Yes, despite the damp it was a good evening! Thanks to all the Marshals that attended. The rain wasn't as bad as forecast, so not like 2 years ago!

Few clarifications- First, the BBQ chefs were young Tom Smith and almost young Colin McKay. The only reason I was hovering was to keep warm, and talk trucks with Colin!

Second, the local shopping was organised and carried out by Tilly & Tony. As usual they did a splendid job, utilising something called 'click and collect', whatever that is...

Bob showed me his quiz beforehand, and I couldn't get one answer, so well done anyone who scored any points!

Oh, and I remembered the champagne for Fay, but had to help consume it....
Old 29 Jul 2017, 08:41 (Ref:3755405)   #29
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Oh, and I remembered the champagne for Fay, but had to help consume it....
What a noble soul, you are, Mike!
Old 29 Jul 2017, 13:48 (Ref:3755449)   #30
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Brilliant evening thanks everyone who came , helped and participated. Same again. Ext year with some sun
Old 2 Aug 2017, 17:19 (Ref:3756985)   #31
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
There was no official snapper at the BBQ- I suppose bauble was closest to that description but was otherwise occupied with the draw and quiz!

I took a few pics with my phone, but as that meant standing out in the rain to do so, they're pretty rubbish. Here's a couple anyway....
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpeg  
Old 2 Aug 2017, 17:20 (Ref:3756986)   #32
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
And the other....
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpeg  
Old 2 Aug 2017, 17:37 (Ref:3756987)   #33
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Mike, just out of my curiosity is this type of weather called "rain between showers" ? Jean Marc was so happy your race was dry anyway…