Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 27 Oct 2017, 15:10 (Ref:3776795)   #3601
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
I kinda like the push to pass. It's a lot more strategic and produces fair fights on overtaking moves than f1 does with drs. Not sure the timing of doing away with it when introducing a new aero package is a good idea, as even if they are more racey, it might still look like they aren't because of less passing without the push to pass.
Old 27 Oct 2017, 15:20 (Ref:3776798)   #3602
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
What I definitely DO hope they do away with is double points at Sonoma. Indy 500 is fine, and I wouldn't mind if Pocono got the treatment as well, but if they're going to do extra points at a road course, make Road America 500k, and do 1.5x the usual points haul.
Old 27 Oct 2017, 19:19 (Ref:3776845)   #3603
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWill2073 View Post
I kinda like the push to pass. It's a lot more strategic and produces fair fights on overtaking moves than f1 does with drs. Not sure the timing of doing away with it when introducing a new aero package is a good idea, as even if they are more racey, it might still look like they aren't because of less passing without the push to pass.
They are keeping it for next year but hopefully the new aero-kits will mean it's no longer needed.

One thing I quite liked about it was at least the defending driver could use it as well, unlike DRS.
Old 27 Oct 2017, 20:03 (Ref:3776853)   #3604
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
They are keeping it for next year but hopefully the new aero-kits will mean it's no longer needed.

One thing I quite liked about it was at least the defending driver could use it as well, unlike DRS.
Yes, that defending part is why I like it. It's fair and strategic. I thought the way they adjusted it this year to allow them to tap it on and off by the second was even better than before. Dang, I'm actually getting disappointed at the thought of it going away.
Old 27 Oct 2017, 20:20 (Ref:3776856)   #3605
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Yes, that defending part is why I like it. It's fair and strategic. I thought the way they adjusted it this year to allow them to tap it on and off by the second was even better than before. Dang, I'm actually getting disappointed at the thought of it going away.
Well, we have another season of push-to-pass to go, so enjoy it while it lasts.
Old 27 Oct 2017, 20:49 (Ref:3776865)   #3606
10TENTHS
Veteran

10TENTHS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Defensive use of P2P often blocks out its impact though. They could just up the stock boost instead. It is happening incrementally, but 60hp would be a notable increase, get them closer to 800 than 700.

It would also more than offset the lost downforce when it comes to lap time. Not that anyone seemed to notice the lap records being broken anyway...
Old 28 Oct 2017, 15:34 (Ref:3777024)   #3607
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
It's a lot more strategic and produces fair fights on overtaking moves than f1 does with drs.
Exactly. As the boost is limited in time, drivers must decide carefully when to use it. In F1, DRS doesn't have a limit, so they always use it, and makes it boring. Not to mention that it prevents to defend fairly.
Old 28 Oct 2017, 16:13 (Ref:3777033)   #3608
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
That’s with DRS, it’s too fixed in terms of where you use it and who uses it. P2P is free for all
Old 18 Nov 2017, 13:53 (Ref:3781235)   #3609
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Danica Patrick to end her career at Indy after competing in "The Danica Double"; the Daytona 500 and the Indianapolis 500, next year.

http://www.indycar.com/News/2017/11/...dy500-Farewell
Old 18 Nov 2017, 14:18 (Ref:3781246)   #3610
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Danica Patrick to end her career at Indy after competing in "The Danica Double"; the Daytona 500 and the Indianapolis 500, next year.

http://www.indycar.com/News/2017/11/...dy500-Farewell
Good for her, I guess. She has fallen into the realm of obscureness and this will thrust her back into the forefront of the conversation (rightfully or not) one last time. Her Indy 500 record is respectable. Will be interesting to see how she takes to the new car and who wants to give her the ride.
Old 18 Nov 2017, 16:11 (Ref:3781283)   #3611
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Well she got nowhere in NASCAR, so why not end it on a high? It’s probably a good move as Indycar is on the up again unlike NASCAR
Old 18 Nov 2017, 17:46 (Ref:3781309)   #3612
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
She's a moderate single seater driver and a good result at Indy is not impossible if she gets hang of the car. Not looking forward to media yapping about this mind you though.
Old 18 Nov 2017, 17:51 (Ref:3781310)   #3613
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
She's a moderate single seater driver and a good result at Indy is not impossible if she gets hang of the car. Not looking forward to media yapping about this mind you though.
It is the off season and there's not much else to yap about.
Old 18 Nov 2017, 23:33 (Ref:3781399)   #3614
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
It's a bit old (September 20), but here's another story on the future of the Belle Else race. Belle Isle became a state park in 2014 and the Michigan Department of Natural Resources honored the previous deal to allow the race through 2018. Whether the race continues after 2018 is now up for discussion.

A major issue:

Quote:
A contingent of residents and City Council members have regularly expressed concern over the timetable required for setup and tear-down of the annual event as well as restricted access to certain parts of the 982-acre island from April to June.

The Grand Prix this year had eight weeks to setup and three for tear-down. Organizers said they had committed to reducing the setup time to six weeks. Last year, it had been 10 weeks.
Old 20 Nov 2017, 14:23 (Ref:3781705)   #3615
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Agreed on all points. I can stomach it knowing it's one last time, if it really is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Well she got nowhere in NASCAR, so why not end it on a high? It’s probably a good move as Indycar is on the up again unlike NASCAR
Her results in NASCAR got nowhere, but her nest egg certainly did.

It's not a long term deal, so it's not based on series relevancy, more her personal desires.

As a fan of the sport and going with the up tick in IndyCars, this will only help the series, something she could've done if she stuck with IndyCars. Like her or not, she's good for whatever series she's in, as long as she's getting results, which she wasn't in NASCAR.
Old 20 Nov 2017, 15:09 (Ref:3781717)   #3616
Number4
Racer

England
The Dead South
Number4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
She is trying to get a ride with Chip Ganassi at both Daytona and Indy. He may run a car also at the Indy 500 for Kyle Larson who wants to do the double with the Charlotte 600.
Kyle is somebody I can actually imagine winning the double.
Old 20 Nov 2017, 19:58 (Ref:3781791)   #3617
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number4 View Post
She is trying to get a ride with Chip Ganassi at both Daytona and Indy. He may run a car also at the Indy 500 for Kyle Larson who wants to do the double with the Charlotte 600.
Larson is also someone I can actually get behind.
Old 20 Nov 2017, 20:27 (Ref:3781802)   #3618
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number4 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Larson is also someone I can actually get behind.
If he wants to do it, Danica better bring 125% of the cost to run at Indy or I'd see CGR passing on it. Apparently Penske and Andretti both have quietly said no thanks but hey great on you for trying and you'll do well.
Old 23 Nov 2017, 18:07 (Ref:3782454)   #3619
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
IndyCar to give two free 2018 aero-kits to each full-season entry, bringing costs down by $180,000 for a two-car team.

http://classic.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/133228
Old 24 Nov 2017, 14:20 (Ref:3782629)   #3620
Formulahistory
Veteran

Formulahistory should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
that's good, but not enough in longterm.
Old 25 Nov 2017, 02:07 (Ref:3782790)   #3621
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Quote:
It is the off season and there's not much else to yap about.
I can screen all that garbage out. It's more the yapping pundits during the Indy build up that annoys me. It'll mar practice and qualifying as well.
Old 25 Nov 2017, 02:13 (Ref:3782792)   #3622
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
I can screen all that garbage out. It's more the yapping pundits during the Indy build up that annoys me. It'll mar practice and qualifying as well.
I know what you mean but the Month of May is a long way off, so enjoy the off-season.
Old 29 Nov 2017, 21:25 (Ref:3784156)   #3623
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
IndyCar race director Brian Barnhart is leaving to become president of new team Harding Racing.

http://classic.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/133349
Old 30 Nov 2017, 15:47 (Ref:3784328)   #3624
Alex K
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
Alex K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Any news from Carlin shop? Did not turn up at post season test in Lights, no official news on ics programme. anyone?
Old 30 Nov 2017, 18:55 (Ref:3784354)   #3625
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
I'll mention in the Grip Reaping thread unless it's already there, but this is IndyCar news too IMHO. Some know him only as Gomer, but I knew him has the man who sang before the Indy 500. Jim Nabors went home today: