Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 30 Aug 2009, 12:49 (Ref:2530999)   #1
Fiorentina 1
Veteran

United States
Calabasas Hills, California
Fiorentina 1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFiorentina 1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Romain Grosjean..

Sorry, but this guy is worse then Piquet. At least Piquet didn't keep crashing. I also don't recall Piquet ever qualifying on the last row. Come on Flavio put Bourdais in the car! Or at least Lucas di Grassi in for Monza.
Grosjean needs to go back to Geneva and back to work at the bank. He's not cut out for F1.
Old 30 Aug 2009, 13:33 (Ref:2531040)   #2
Racenut7
Veteran

Racenut7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
check the 2008 Australian Grand Prix qualifying results

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_Au...x#Qualifying_2
My Favourite 08 moment was when Courtney/Besnard comeback drive at Bathurst. Courtney raced through to dominate the opening stint had 15 sec. gap to Lowndes who was in 2nd. In the 2nd stint a slowly deflating tyre (originally diagnosed as a damaged anti-roll bar) slowed Besnard's stint in Courtney's car allowing Whincup to assert dominance over the field rest of the race. On lap 160 S.Richards, fading badly on rear tyres was unable to stop Courtney move into 3rd place.
Old 30 Aug 2009, 13:37 (Ref:2531044)   #3
OZ_HCR32
Veteran

OZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Woh, he stole my girlfriend and even i am not that quick to chop his career.
Old 30 Aug 2009, 13:45 (Ref:2531055)   #4
ensign14
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Deception Island
ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!
He might face a penalty though. That was a singularly brainless bit of driving that ruined three drivers' races.
Old 30 Aug 2009, 13:47 (Ref:2531058)   #5
ptclaus98
Veteran

United States
ptclaus98 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ_HCR32 View Post
Old 30 Aug 2009, 14:23 (Ref:2531082)   #6
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
It is far too early to write him off. I think he has a bright future, today's boneheaded blunder notwithstanding.
Old 30 Aug 2009, 14:51 (Ref:2531099)   #7
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Oh for God's sake. One mistake and people are calling for his head? So why not sack Button for being so slow in qualifying yesterday and putting him in that position?

He outbraked himself. Big deal. If it had been Alonso, no one would've said anything. If he gets a penalty, it'll just prove how ridiculous the stewarding is
Old 30 Aug 2009, 15:22 (Ref:2531113)   #8
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
From where I was sitting (the other end of the sofa from EP who disagrees with me) I think Button turned in when he shouldn't have. 50/50 in my eyes.
Old 30 Aug 2009, 15:28 (Ref:2531122)   #9
M0T0RSP0RTDAN
Rookie

M0T0RSP0RTDAN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yeah it was a racing incident, he's new, get over it and give the guy a chance.
Old 30 Aug 2009, 16:01 (Ref:2531144)   #10
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
It is the sort of incident for which Grosjean is known, but the Stewards have decided that no penalty is required.

I suppose a similar sort of argument applies to Alguersuari and Hamilton.

Monster conspiracy theory: Rookies gang up on Britain's finest!
Old 30 Aug 2009, 16:22 (Ref:2531157)   #11
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Having read the reports about the GP2 races this weekend (and previously come to that) I was thinking that the BTCC boys must drive like saints by comparison.

A number of other open wheel formula seem to have similar issues - perhaps they feel indestructible.

Maybe it would be better not to import rookies in mid season in case they bring their dodgems habits with them to the world stage?
Old 30 Aug 2009, 16:22 (Ref:2531158)   #12
Graz
Veteran

Ireland
Graz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Give the guy a break. Anyone coming into F1 now has zero testing so it's an impossible situation.

The jury is out for me on Grosjean anyway because he seems inconsitent and erratic. He may have got to F1 a little too soon. However, it will not be fair to judge him until next season when he has some mileage under his belt.

The zero testing rule in F1 (and MotoGP for that matter) is daft. How are new guys meant to get up to speed?
Old 30 Aug 2009, 16:29 (Ref:2531167)   #13
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
How do you know this wasn't a pre-planned crash by Grosjean to make Alonso win.
Old 30 Aug 2009, 16:30 (Ref:2531169)   #14
safc_fan89
Veteran

safc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridsafc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"At least Piquet didn't keep on crashing"...where have you been for the last year and a half?
Old 30 Aug 2009, 16:50 (Ref:2531199)   #15
neilap
Veteran

Jamaica
neilap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Link

He claims Button took him out. Errr...
As I see it its 100% his fault. He was off line and outbraked himself. There is one line through that spot where they hit. Even if JB has run wide he was not off the track so Grosjean had no business poking his nose in. However, thats not the case, he rammed JB from behind...

I would not call for his head just yet. After all the whole thing started with Kimi running off the track and everyone behind checking up.
Old 30 Aug 2009, 16:54 (Ref:2531206)   #16
fourWheelDrift
Veteran

United Kingdom
fourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilap View Post
Link

He claims Button took him out. Errr...
As I see it its 100% his fault. He was off line and outbraked himself. There is one line through that spot where they hit. Even if JB has run wide he was not off the track so Grosjean had no business poking his nose in. However, thats not the case, he rammed JB from behind...

I would not call for his head just yet. After all the whole thing started with Kimi running off the track and everyone behind checking up.
And I have just been congratulating the stewards on giving him the benefit of the doubt rather than hand out a grid drop for the next race. The arrogant upstart should have the grace to accept his role in an incident for which he was largely responsible.
Old 30 Aug 2009, 17:20 (Ref:2531229)   #17
Icebaby
Veteran

Icebaby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiorentina 1 View Post
Sorry, but this guy is worse then Piquet.
Piquet was bad, I would give Grosjean another 2 races before placing him in the same catogery. Unfortunately whoever goes in the car appears to have to come from Flav's drivers which narrows the field down. Anthony Davidson whould be a good substitute.
Old 30 Aug 2009, 18:32 (Ref:2531296)   #18
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ_HCR32 View Post
She was a special goer then???
Old 30 Aug 2009, 20:54 (Ref:2531469)   #19
nycuk
Veteran

England
Banbury, Oxfordshire, England
nycuk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Two words: Racing Accident.

Give the guy a break. Show me a driver who has never missed a breaking point and had a shunt as a result.
Old 30 Aug 2009, 21:17 (Ref:2531480)   #20
Jamesy-18
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire
Jamesy-18 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Come off it dude. It's only his second ever race! What do you expect? In the long term he'll be much better than Piquet.
Old 30 Aug 2009, 23:36 (Ref:2531572)   #21
Flat12-Aircool
Veteran

United Kingdom
Stoke-on-Trent (The Potteries)
Flat12-Aircool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFlat12-Aircool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycuk View Post
Two words: Racing Accident.

Give the guy a break. Show me a driver who has never missed a breaking point and had a shunt as a result.
Lewis Hamilton out braked himself at the first turn in Fuji last year and hit NOBODY, but still got a drive through penalty.

Mr BigJohn rookie out brakes himself, takes out the Championship leader and nothing is done?
Old 30 Aug 2009, 23:46 (Ref:2531579)   #22
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fourWheelDrift View Post
And I have just been congratulating the stewards on giving him the benefit of the doubt rather than hand out a grid drop for the next race. The arrogant upstart should have the grace to accept his role in an incident for which he was largely responsible.
I 2nd this ^.
Old 31 Aug 2009, 01:37 (Ref:2531631)   #23
OZ_HCR32
Veteran

OZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How many time has HAMO done a first corner speculator under brakes, either taking himself out of forcing the front two rows wide and/or off track? Hell i remember Hamo in his second year of F1 drive straight into the back of Alonso in almost a straight line (Was it Bahrain?)

Not saying Hamo did anything wrong and deserves to be dropped Just pointing out that this stuff happens, and to the best of them. He isnt special. Can understand why Button fans are upset though. I wanted to deck Vettel when he back ended Webber
Old 31 Aug 2009, 11:29 (Ref:2531785)   #24
Lam Pak
Veteran

Lam Pak has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
grosjean dont overshadow piquet. very disappointing, by now.

this feeling wouldn't leave me alone. ho pin tung would do beter than grosjean. renault goes china soon.
Old 31 Aug 2009, 12:33 (Ref:2531815)   #25
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
In the Renault report of the race, Grosjean is claiming that Button took him out by turning in when he was already there. It's a point of view, I suppose, but nowhere else at all have I seen that interpretation put on what happened.