Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 1 Feb 2004, 02:56 (Ref:858472)   #1
Bedford
Racer

Bedford should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Where to sit at Clipsal 500?

Hey all.
Heading to the Clipsal 500, just went to buy my tickets (Brabham Straight Chrome) but they're all sold out.
So, I have to find some other seats. I don't want general admission because I want a reserved seat.
I'm pretty much going to choose now between turn 8 grandstand (new stand for this year, it's next to Adelaide Straight Gold), or, Pit Entry Gold (1 or 2).
Has anyone sat at Pit Entry Gold 1 or 2? That's what I'm leaning towards at the moment.

Just wondering your opinions on good seats for seeing some good action!
Old 1 Feb 2004, 04:52 (Ref:858504)   #2
deeks6
Veteran

deeks6 User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Turn 8 grandstand is a "bit" limited but Pit Entry gives you a lot of coverage IMO and ALWAYS sees some action at the tight right into the straight.
Old 2 Feb 2004, 01:46 (Ref:859632)   #3
Arai GP5
Racer

Arai GP5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If you go Turn 8, there is a superscreen right in front of you, so you wont miss a thing. It's also the most exciting corner on the track, and you will probably have a view down both Adelaide and Brabham straights.

Pit entry stand also has a good view of the cars from when they leave Turn 11, all the way down to the hairpin. You are closer to the Pits at this vantage point, and I'm pretty sure you have a view of a Mistral Superscreen at this stand as well. Check out clipsal500.com.au.

IMHO, I'd go Turn 8. But it's a bit of a trek to get to the pits from there, but by bigger circuit standards - it's nothing at all.
Old 2 Feb 2004, 05:42 (Ref:859731)   #4
Bedford
Racer

Bedford should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for the info Arai
Old 3 Feb 2004, 02:53 (Ref:860954)   #5
jiminee
Racer

jiminee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bad luck on missing out on the Chrome Seats, they have to be the best in the house, dolllar for dollar.
Is turn 8 the corner leading onto Brabham Straight? If so I would not recomend it, the stand is badly aligned, almost parallel with the Adelaide Straight, blocking the view both ways if you get in the wrong spot in the stand, especially with the big screen blocking your view up the Brabham Straight, as I learnt fomr experince 2 years ago, which is why I was back in the Chrome seats last year, and again this year.
But you did mention this being a new stand which might make everything I say garbage, just be careful with choosing a block in a grandstand, they seem to change the ordering every year, so it is possible to end up at the wrong end of the grandstand, which can be very frustrating.
Dont know about the Pit Entry ones sorry.