Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Motorsport Art & Photography

Old 4 Jun 2007, 13:03 (Ref:1928437)   #1
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Help, please! 2006 24 hour Britcar Photographers!

I am anxious to get hold of any night time photos taken of the winning Duller Motorsport BMW Z4M coupe whilst it was just entering, stationary in, or exiting its pit box, during routine and/or driver change pit stops. I've commissioned a painting of this but am short of the right type of images to ensure accuracy of angles and lighting details etc. Please, can you either point me to some links or PM me with details. If the project is successful, I hope to turn it into a limited edition print run.
Old 4 Jun 2007, 15:53 (Ref:1928564)   #2
forzaf1
Racer

United Kingdom
Hants, UK
forzaf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You might want to check out some photos here I took. They are more artistic (motion blur) but you never know they might be of use:

http://www.forzaphoto.co.uk/2006/spo...4hr/index.html

Alex
Old 4 Jun 2007, 17:17 (Ref:1928606)   #3
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Thanks, Alex; the one in the pits certainly interests me. Also thanks to another 10-Tenther who has PM'd me. Anymore?
Old 5 Jun 2007, 21:20 (Ref:1929696)   #4
tatounet
Racer

Belgium
tatounet should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Try to contact Missssssssss Isadora via her Website
http://www.isadorapoggi.co.uk/index.htm
She always come in belgium for the britcar and like night pitshoot
Old 6 Jun 2007, 16:31 (Ref:1930420)   #5
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
tatounet has beat me to it - Izzy is a good bet, she's certainly been at the day events this year so you may have some luck.
Old 6 Jun 2007, 19:49 (Ref:1930592)   #6
Isadora
Rookie

Isadora should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Already been in touch

Tatounet: j'ai deja arrange mon acces a une machine a cafe pour les 25h en juillet
Old 11 Jun 2007, 22:40 (Ref:1934473)   #7
Matski
Racer

Matski has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I don't have any pics but I have an 18 minute video of the qually session the previous night and the race combined. It's not exactley Oscar winning production quality (alot of the soundtrack is me and my mate talking crap!)

But as a BMW fan I did linger aroung the Duller garage alot, mainly to get Mr Quester to sign my cap and alot of the time the camera was pointed at the Z4M...

*these are small tumbnails of the video to give you the idea of the kind of thing I was shooting... there's alot of other cars on there too.

The video itself is pretty high quality (better than the Champcar replay on Motors I'm currently watching) it's just not very well edited...

.. anyway it's 3.72Gb, if it's of interest to you let me know...afterall a picture tells a thousand words, a video captures 50 pictures per second!
So, after waiting 20 minutes for him to come out of the back of the garage, Matski asks "Are you going to get Jacques' seat then?" Robert replies "ha ha, I don't know!", signs Matksi's cap, and retreats to his motorhome.
Old 12 Jun 2007, 10:08 (Ref:1934869)   #8
Snapper Baz
Race Official
Veteran

England
Las Vegas, NV. USA
Snapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
...and what about me then?
Attached Thumbnails
a pic.jpg  
Old 12 Jun 2007, 19:36 (Ref:1935382)   #9
PaulCherry
Racer

PaulCherry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapper Baz
...and what about me then?
Probably did n't think you'd be up that late
Old 12 Jun 2007, 20:27 (Ref:1935421)   #10
Snapper Baz
Race Official
Veteran

England
Las Vegas, NV. USA
Snapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ha ha ..nice one Paul! Well at my age you have to wind down and take things easy(ish) ...but I was up til' pretty late...just couldnt get up in the morning though!!! I was fully awake whilst the Dutch girls were about in the pitlane but once they'd gone it all seemed so average again!!
Attached Thumbnails
aaaaaaaa.jpg  

Last edited by Snapper Baz; 12 Jun 2007 at 20:32.