Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 6 Nov 2010, 21:03 (Ref:2785995)   #101
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Great to see The Hulk and Williams doing well.

I think a win is out of the question, but it would be great if Hulk could hold on for a podium.
Old 6 Nov 2010, 21:16 (Ref:2785998)   #102
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Wonder if the wiley Rubinho might have something to offer against his teammate over the race distance?

If you took Nico out of the equation, Rubens qualy would still be a fine performance for a Williams.

I'd also like to see Button coming through, but the difference to last year is that he hasn't really got anything to play for. On the other hand if all four of his rivals were to inexplicably retire in the early laps, I would be interested to see how quickly he came through to try and get the win.
Old 6 Nov 2010, 21:16 (Ref:2786000)   #103
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The Hulk!
Old 6 Nov 2010, 22:23 (Ref:2786034)   #104
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
What if there's no named turns on the track?
All the worthwhile circuits do have names for their corners.
Old 6 Nov 2010, 23:20 (Ref:2786051)   #105
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapezeArtist View Post
About as far as Subida do Lago? (Sorry, I don't do Turn 1, Turn 2 stuff).

I suspect he will get nailed by one car (whoever is second) pretty quickly. By the end of the first lap things will settle down a bit and the rest of the title contenders will have to pick their way by one at a time. Which gives them a chance to fight with each other while they're bottled up behind the Hulk.

All in all, it's going to be pretty exciting, and I predict it's going to end in tears for someone.
I think Vettel will get by at the start (sorry I don't do 2nd, 3rd stuff). After that Webber will drive into Hulkenberg.
Old 7 Nov 2010, 00:34 (Ref:2786075)   #106
OZ_HCR32
Veteran

OZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, at Monza the Williams wasnt exactly struggling for grunt and straight line speed. He managed the keep both Vettel and Webber behind using all the track available to him Webber did the job of getting past, Vettel relied on pit stops.

So, if he gets it off the line I can easily see him holding a lead of the GP. At best the RBR is 0.5seconds a lap quicker...which even though there are passing opportunities in Brazil wont be anough for RBR to sail by.

Going to be very interesting. I expected Hulk wll be a strong chance to hold on for a pdoium with Hamo racing Alonso and Webber. It will be a matter of who doesnt lose a wong on the opening lap....and you just know that Hamo from the second row is snifffing a victory with a calalier opening lap putting the RBRs to the sword if there is the slightest crack of light
Old 7 Nov 2010, 00:48 (Ref:2786079)   #107
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
I do see something like that happening, but don't forget Webber is on the presumably better side of the track so some pressure will be on Vettel. The Williams have been pretty good off the line, haven't they?
Old 7 Nov 2010, 01:27 (Ref:2786093)   #108
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Turkey is pretty damn worthwhile and none of it's turns are named.
Old 7 Nov 2010, 02:40 (Ref:2786108)   #109
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider View Post
I do see something like that happening, but don't forget Webber is on the presumably better side of the track so some pressure will be on Vettel. The Williams have been pretty good off the line, haven't they?
Mr Hulkenberg & Mr Vettel to get serious hold shots... get to turn 1 and have each other off... Potsie takes the lead and is never headed for a brilliant win

Maybe
Old 7 Nov 2010, 02:49 (Ref:2786110)   #110
1200Datto27
Veteran

Australia
Croydon
1200Datto27 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
With Petrov taking out Alonso and Hamilton in a Suzuka style pinball movement.
Old 7 Nov 2010, 08:26 (Ref:2786217)   #111
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Quote:
Turkey is pretty damn worthwhile and none of it's turns are named.

Not to put words in his mouth but somehow I expect he meant real circuits, not johnny come lately Tilke domes.
Old 7 Nov 2010, 08:31 (Ref:2786221)   #112
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
What if there's no named turns on the track?

'That corner', then 'The corner after that'.........
Old 7 Nov 2010, 09:29 (Ref:2786261)   #113
W.O.T
Rookie

Australia
W.O.T should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Mr Hulkenberg & Mr Vettel to get serious hold shots... get to turn 1 and have each other off... Potsie takes the lead and is never headed for a brilliant win

Maybe

I like the way you think.
Old 7 Nov 2010, 09:40 (Ref:2786274)   #114
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post

Maybe
Hole shots is I believe the phrase you are looking for.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hole_shot
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.
Old 7 Nov 2010, 14:46 (Ref:2786388)   #115
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The Lotus JPS 1972 driven by Emerson Fittipaldi is on the track, beautiful !
Old 7 Nov 2010, 15:27 (Ref:2786400)   #116
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
nice and dry for the race then!

Red Bulls will just dissappear.
Old 7 Nov 2010, 15:29 (Ref:2786401)   #117
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
The Lotus JPS 1972 driven by Emerson Fittipaldi is on the track, beautiful !
I didn't see it on the BBC broadcast.

It looks nice and sunny there.
Old 7 Nov 2010, 15:45 (Ref:2786409)   #118
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Hulkenberg has almost Buttonesque levels of zen calm.
Old 7 Nov 2010, 15:48 (Ref:2786411)   #119
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Yeah he seemed mega cool didn't he? Brundle was very gracious to him I thought.
Old 7 Nov 2010, 15:49 (Ref:2786412)   #120
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Webber the oppostite. Looking pensive, legs jiggling.
Old 7 Nov 2010, 15:51 (Ref:2786414)   #121
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

and eyes wide open....

Very 'stumble bum' in last interview with Lee as well I thought?

He's defo feeling the strain.
Old 7 Nov 2010, 15:54 (Ref:2786416)   #122
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Turn 1 is a difficult left hander.
They should start behind a safety car.
Old 7 Nov 2010, 15:55 (Ref:2786417)   #123
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Is anyone else getting this maudlin diatribe from Eddie?
Old 7 Nov 2010, 15:56 (Ref:2786419)   #124
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Webber was fine being interviewed by the reporter... and Bernie with Emerson's wife was hilarious !
Old 7 Nov 2010, 15:58 (Ref:2786420)   #125
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Alonso seems to be very focused, watch out for him in the first corner... and then in the long straight.

Tags
formula 1