Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 28 Nov 2016, 16:27 (Ref:3691807)   #11
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
I don't have favourite drivers anymore. I grew out of that a long time a go...
How sad as a fan! Is that really something you "grow out of"? Or just something some might loose along the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
... but I do have drivers who I admire and don't admire, for their conduct on and off the track.
Isn't that sort of the same as having favorites?

Note, I am just poking fun at you. I suspect in a way I am more like you in that I have a bit of an internal scorecard for drivers with a list of pluses and minuses. I tend to "like" drivers that seem to be nice guys and personable off track and tend to "dislike" drivers who are jerks in some way (on or off track). Whining is a negative! Skill also counts, but oddly enough I tend to like those who have to work hard at it vs. those who seem to have a natural gift and may not work as hard as others. I also have a habit of cheering for the underdog (which can be a fluid characterization that changes from seasons to season, race to race).

With respect to Lewis and Nico, neither are in my top list of "favorites". I tend to like Nico a bit more than Lewis for various "scorecard" reasons. I admit I both cheered for Lewis loosing (character builder! ) and Nico winning (worked hard, kept eye on the ball and I like to see a variety in champions vs. dynastic winners). I have other drivers I would have rather seen at the front (such as Button which ticks most of my boxes, but that ship has sailed).

Richard