Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Hillclimb and Sprint

Old 18 Jul 2011, 10:45 (Ref:2928023)   #1
pierresfrogeye
Rookie

pierresfrogeye should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sussex Hill Climbs Austin Healey Sprite

I recently purchased an austin healey sprite car that got involved in the Brighton Speed trials in the following years: 1960, 1961, 1964,1965, 1966 & 1967. Its registration is 2080 PO. The driver of the car was Charles Page (1960 to 1964). I beleive he was the owner of the Page Garage in Chsichester which went to be the Blue Star Garage on North Street. The car was then driven from 1964 onward by either Lionel or his son (the main driver) Colin Starley. Lionel was the owner of the Starley garage in Brighton. The Starley's got involved in racing the car at Firle hill and other local hill climb/sprint as well as some autotest in Goodwood (and possibly other events in France VillaFans, Holland and Guernsey ). I attach a picture of the car which livery is quite distinctive , Blue and white like a big healey.... (it possibly may have been raced without the windscreen with an aero screen…). I am currently documenting the history of the car and wonder if anyone as recollection of the car at some events during the 60's , prictures or any information about the drivers and the race they took part into. The car is quite disctinctive and hopefully should jog some memories....help would be much appreciated as I am intending to restore the car in a sympathetic maneer and any information would contribute to this.

I can load the pictures , but you can acces them via another post i made in 60's racers. Look at the post #175 at bottom of the page.

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2927991#post2927991

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...91#post2927991

Last edited by pierresfrogeye; 18 Jul 2011 at 10:51. Reason: inserted link to other post
Old 19 Jul 2011, 14:58 (Ref:2928603)   #2
pierresfrogeye
Rookie

pierresfrogeye should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi All -- I have now compiled the information I managed to gather into a website. There is a specific section about the car hillclimbing history if this helps to jog memories...I would be really appreciative if someone had a picture of the car in its time or any other complementary information for that matter....

teh site can be accessed at : http://www.cyberspot.co.uk

Kind regards

Pierre