Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 19 Feb 2015, 19:34 (Ref:3506759)   #326
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
WMUCarGuy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=TRspitfirefan;3506744]Great news!
Are there any GT3 manufacturers left who are not racing in PWC this year?

The only car I see from the most recent round of homologations is the Maserati GranTurismo MC GT3 (although I'm not sure much of anyone is running them).

We have possible entries from Reiter with their Lambos and mutant Camaros.

Other possible options (which I'm sure we won't see) are the Morgan Aero Super Sport, Lotus Exige, Venturi, etc.

As far as the modern cars that are being run around the world, PWC has just about everyone that's relevant and some that are nowhere else (Caddy, Acura).
Old 19 Feb 2015, 19:44 (Ref:3506763)   #327
divxx
Racer

United States
Other side of the pond
divxx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's great to see that Nissan is actually stepping up their GT efforts worldwide. I half expected these programs to be cut with the focus required of a prototype project.

It's amazing how close this series was to collapse just a few years ago. The magic of GT3.
Old 20 Feb 2015, 09:16 (Ref:3506956)   #328
pederb
Veteran

European Union
Berlin
pederb has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
[QUOTE=WMUCarGuy;3506759]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRspitfirefan View Post
Great news!
Are there any GT3 manufacturers left who are not racing in PWC this year?

The only car I see from the most recent round of homologations is the Maserati GranTurismo MC GT3 (although I'm not sure much of anyone is running them).

We have possible entries from Reiter with their Lambos and mutant Camaros.

Other possible options (which I'm sure we won't see) are the Morgan Aero Super Sport, Lotus Exige, Venturi, etc.

As far as the modern cars that are being run around the world, PWC has just about everyone that's relevant and some that are nowhere else (Caddy, Acura).
The Lexus is still missing
Old 20 Feb 2015, 15:17 (Ref:3507072)   #329
nasportscar
Veteran

United States
Wisconsin
nasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here's a quick GTS season preview http://nasportscar.com/what-to-expec...nge-gts-class/
Old 20 Feb 2015, 16:15 (Ref:3507093)   #330
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
O'Connell, Pilgrim, Sofronas, Skeen, Cunningham, Dyson, Leitzinger, Davison, Estre, Beretta... just wow!
Old 20 Feb 2015, 19:05 (Ref:3507145)   #331
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
TRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
O'Connell, Pilgrim, Sofronas, Skeen, Cunningham, Dyson, Leitzinger, Davison, Estre, Beretta... just wow!
+ Ryan Dalziel. -Effort Porsche.
Old 21 Feb 2015, 04:22 (Ref:3507269)   #332
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Looks like PWC has a TV package for this year without the weeks long delay and one live event (Belle Isle) on CBS Sportsnet.

CBS Sports Network and Torque TV will broadcast over 60 hours of Pirelli World Challenge action with dedicated 120- or 90-minute programs for GT/GTA, the GT Cup presented by MOMO and GTS classes - the GT classes and GTS class will have dedicated segments within the broadcast shows. TC classes will have 60-minute programs. Broadcasts will be shown one-week tape delayed in prime time slots either on Saturdays, Sundays and Wednesday evenings.

Sportscar365 article

PWC article
Old 21 Feb 2015, 08:36 (Ref:3507292)   #333
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Darn. I was hoping for some live coverage. At least itll be shown.
Old 21 Feb 2015, 11:02 (Ref:3507314)   #334
pederb
Veteran

European Union
Berlin
pederb has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Hope they will still stream live on their website
Old 21 Feb 2015, 14:37 (Ref:3507355)   #335
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pederb View Post
Hope they will still stream live on their website
http://www.world-challengetv.com/

Live streams should be good to go this year. They have replays available there too. In the past, the only way I could find replays is through an avenue where I would find out the results along the way. That's rather annoying and i'll have to fix that, maybe by viewing live....

CBS S the extra extra extra package from my cable provider and I don't think I have Torque available. And I am actually looking to dump cable soon.
Old 24 Feb 2015, 04:53 (Ref:3508253)   #336
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
New livery for Alex Welch's GMG Audi, it appears.
Quote:
GMG Racing @GMGRacing · 3h 3 hours ago Here is your first look at one of our Audi's for the 2015 @wcracing season! At @circuitamericas doing… https://instagram.com/p/zdynigykoq/
It's very different from anything GMG has had on it's cars so far.
Old 24 Feb 2015, 14:11 (Ref:3508403)   #337
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
that is one of the great parts about this series - you can get some really unique and good looking liveries.
Old 25 Feb 2015, 04:07 (Ref:3508662)   #338
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
that is one of the great parts about this series - you can get some really unique and good looking liveries.
Another livery post, looks like Christina Nielsen's #7 PWC Aston will be in the gorgeous blue color that TRG showed off at Daytona.

Old 25 Feb 2015, 15:03 (Ref:3508861)   #339
nasportscar
Veteran

United States
Wisconsin
nasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here's our GT/GT-A preview post http://nasportscar.com/what-to-expec...tgt-a-classes/
Old 25 Feb 2015, 23:27 (Ref:3509040)   #340
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
TRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nasportscar View Post
Very exciting times for PWC.
Old 26 Feb 2015, 21:15 (Ref:3509384)   #341
nasportscar
Veteran

United States
Wisconsin
Part 4, our final World Challenge season preview: TC, TCA, TCB http://nasportscar.com/what-to-expec...e-touring-car/
Old 26 Feb 2015, 21:31 (Ref:3509395)   #342
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanic Z View Post
Another livery post, looks like Christina Nielsen's #7 PWC Aston will be in the gorgeous blue color that TRG showed off at Daytona.
Seems to be still in that exact livery, though they did put a PWC number plate on it. I assume some stuff might change, but I do hope that base doesn't get masked over. It's lovely.
Old 28 Feb 2015, 01:28 (Ref:3509869)   #343
nasportscar
Veteran

United States
Wisconsin
Reiter back! http://nasportscar.com/blancpain-and...p-for-the-usa/
Old 28 Feb 2015, 07:51 (Ref:3509930)   #344
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
2015 Pirelli World Challenge

Great news. Nicky Catsburg is a good choice but I don't know if he's raced in the states before so these tracks will be new to him. Would be fantastic to have Tomas Enge back but somehow I doubt it if Reiter are already fielding one pro driver.
Old 28 Feb 2015, 08:06 (Ref:3509933)   #345
Secret Ninja Z24
Rookie

Secret Ninja Z24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sources inside:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRspitfirefan View Post
DSC article states.

Clearly, (and predictably) NASCAR/IMSA, fired the first shot.
"More recently," World Challenge Vision responded with its own suit.

I think that this thirst for power, is what has driven pretty much all of NASCARs involvement in sports car racing over the years.
From someone @ NASCAR -

Bentley stole privileged information and took it to PWC which is what ignited the legalities.

PWC has made the same allegations upon Carter's hiring.

This is not a NASCAR power trip.
Old 28 Feb 2015, 13:20 (Ref:3510038)   #346
wdave0
Veteran

United States
NY
wdave0 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwdave0 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
http://www.world-challengetv.com/

Live streams should be good to go this year. They have replays available there too. In the past, the only way I could find replays is through an avenue where I would find out the results along the way. That's rather annoying and i'll have to fix that, maybe by viewing live....

CBS S the extra extra extra package from my cable provider and I don't think I have Torque available. And I am actually looking to dump cable soon.
Torque is an online channel and seems to be unrestricted.

http://www.torque.tv/
Old 1 Mar 2015, 01:42 (Ref:3510188)   #347
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Posted this on the race thread, too, but GMG's #14 Audi has it's livery and it looks awesome!
Quote:
GMG Racing @GMGRacing · 6h 6 hours ago We have officially unveiled the new look for 2015! Huge Thanks to our partners @spyderantidotehttps://instagram.com/p/zqDZPWyknQ/

And NGT has officially announced their Ferrari and Porsche.
http://sportscar365.com/world-challe...e-pwc-program/
Old 1 Mar 2015, 01:45 (Ref:3510189)   #348
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdave0 View Post
Torque is an online channel and seems to be unrestricted.

http://www.torque.tv/

Torque was actually supposed to go the subscriber route after the first of the year IIRC, but for whatever reason it hasn't.

Whichever, PWC has said they'll still have http://www.world-challengetv.com/ .
Old 1 Mar 2015, 01:49 (Ref:3510191)   #349
Ginaro Zukovsky
Racer

Ginaro Zukovsky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Great news. Nicky Catsburg is a good choice but I don't know if he's raced in the states before so these tracks will be new to him. Would be fantastic to have Tomas Enge back but somehow I doubt it if Reiter are already fielding one pro driver.
Nicky has been sim racing for a while and drives on iRacing, which has all of the PWC tracks bar St. Pete and Detroit so I'm sure he'll be fine
Old 1 Mar 2015, 02:51 (Ref:3510205)   #350
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginaro Zukovsky View Post
Nicky has been sim racing for a while and drives on iRacing, which has all of the PWC tracks bar St. Pete and Detroit so I'm sure he'll be fine

Didn't know he was a sim racer, that'll help him for sure.