Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Club Level Single Seaters

Old 10 Jan 2006, 12:35 (Ref:1498555)   #26
Redracer77
Veteran

Redracer77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinDawkins
True, although I guess the beauty of FF1600 is that you don't necessarily need a new Ray to win races regionally or nationally, as Dempsey proved - but there are loads of others.

Count me in for Mallory (if I can fit lol)

ps - everything looks good with red bull colours
If you can fit in a Van Diemen Zetec you can fit in this as it is the same car apart from engine and bodywork, although your knees maybe an issue. LOL on the colour scheme - that is not my car, I think it is Steve Patana's car (EX Jon Lewis car). I am not sure what colour mine will be just yet as I am not meeting Gulf till tomz and we didn't have a good year this year. Plus the Marketing Manager left after 4 months to become the Marketing Manager for the Bahrain GP.......so I am starting again....
Old 10 Jan 2006, 12:43 (Ref:1498560)   #27
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Of all the cars she saw at Mallory last year my wife was most impressed by the F4's, serioulsy, she just thought the looked great and were powerful and hairy....but thats getting away from the point of the thread
Old 10 Jan 2006, 12:43 (Ref:1498562)   #28
Auriga
Rookie

Auriga should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayFF
Exactly Peter this is crap

What we should have had was three double headers at Brands and Mallory plus Silverstone and Donington may be one Snetterton.

This is an extention of the Midlands championship which is worse than they had this year and I doubt any Brands regulars will do the Snett and Mallory rounds.

No one went to Snett last year for 2 races money etc etc

Brands must have had the largest grids out of these tracks

COB gone forever?

Time for BRDC to organise a championship or BARC (for modern FF1600)?
John, I have spoken to one driver this morning who has pulled out and another owner/driver who says he will not do it!
Old 10 Jan 2006, 12:44 (Ref:1498564)   #29
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Being unusually blind and naive when it comes to the politics of club racing is there a hidden agenda here??
Old 10 Jan 2006, 12:47 (Ref:1498567)   #30
JustinDawkins
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcester - UK
JustinDawkins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redracer77
If you can fit in a Van Diemen Zetec you can fit in this as it is the same car apart from engine and bodywork, although your knees maybe an issue. LOL on the colour scheme - that is not my car, I think it is Steve Patana's car (EX Jon Lewis car). I am not sure what colour mine will be just yet as I am not meeting Gulf till tomz and we didn't have a good year this year. Plus the Marketing Manager left after 4 months to become the Marketing Manager for the Bahrain GP.......so I am starting again....
Yeah I can fit into a VD ok - about to start my fifth season of not fitting into a car so god loads os experience in that field!
Old 10 Jan 2006, 12:52 (Ref:1498573)   #31
Walshy
Veteran

England
Lancashire
Walshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Chris.

You explained to me on the phone the cost of damaging an FF2000. Just the front wing alone. This is not feasable for most clubbies.

FF1600 is cheap in motor racing terms. I think what most people are trying to say hear is you can race anywhere most weekends, but you also have the option to do it on the cheap. Just stick to your local circuit and race. The MS calender involves some travelling on the quiet and if you want to be challenging, this is gonna push budgets up. The NW doesn't look bad at all (although I must admit to being a bit disappointed that there is no Donington).

Your 750 MC calender involves a lot of travelling that most clubbies might not want, or indeed be able to afford.

At the end of the day, you can't please all the people all the time. I think we'll just have to wait and see how this year pans out. I just hope that whilst we have seen our sport in the ascendancy for the last few years, I hope all the good work isn't undone by a dodgy MS calender.
Old 10 Jan 2006, 15:28 (Ref:1498683)   #32
JNWRF01
Veteran

England
Bedfordshire
JNWRF01 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"CCRC Competitions Director Steve Burns said he was “disappointed” to find that both the BRSCC FF1600 series finales clash with the Combe Carnival."

What exactly are the BRSCC playing at??
Old 10 Jan 2006, 16:40 (Ref:1498730)   #33
Tim Draffan
Racer

Tim Draffan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

From a selfish point of view the mix of circiuts is fine but I am very surprised there are not more BH events.

But my dissapointment & dismay is that they are all single events.
I would much prefer 6 double header weekends than 11 single races as it doubles the traveling and testing costs. Never mind work & family comitments will probably make racing in every round very difficult.
Old 10 Jan 2006, 16:54 (Ref:1498743)   #34
Walshy
Veteran

England
Lancashire
Quote:
Originally Posted by JNWRF01
"CCRC Competitions Director Steve Burns said he was “disappointed” to find that both the BRSCC FF1600 series finales clash with the Combe Carnival."

What exactly are the BRSCC playing at??
Sounds like they are trying to lock horns doesn't it????
Old 10 Jan 2006, 19:15 (Ref:1498827)   #35
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A few things worth picking up on here.

First, the mix of circuits - I don't know how many Brands dates BRSCC have this year. Quite possibly it is less than last year but I would be surprised if it is as low as one.

Second, the dates - remember that circuits are not booked just for FF1600 racing, so FF1600 goes where BRSCC have meetings to some extent. BRSCC are unlikely to want to have FF1600 running with another club if they can avoid it as they won't get the income. Unfortunately, taking into account NW and MS, this means a number of hideous clashes this year. The most disappointing of these are with the Kirkistown Festival and the Combe Carnival.

Third, BARC haven't seemed particularly interested in contemporary FF1600. I don't think 750MC particularly want it either - they have already had to expand their 2006 dates in order to fit in their existing championship portfolio.

Fourth, I'm puzzled by Walshy's remark that not many club racers would want to do a national series such as Formula 4 - have you seen the size of the 750MC grids Chris!? F4 is, in my view, an attractive championship but more quality entries are always welcome.
Old 10 Jan 2006, 19:56 (Ref:1498847)   #36
gixxer
Veteran

England
trowbridge wilts
gixxer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Makes me wonder if these clashes were done on purpose?

And by looking your website Ian its looks exactly what the sad old BRSCC have done

Sour grapes or what! i really hope the new Castle combe club kicks butt this year

Last edited by gixxer; 10 Jan 2006 at 20:04. Reason: seen the calender on ff1600 site
Old 10 Jan 2006, 21:31 (Ref:1498921)   #37
heel'n'toe-no
Veteran

United Kingdom
Albrighton, Shropshire
heel'n'toe-no has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxer
Makes me wonder if these clashes were done on purpose?

And by looking your website Ian its looks exactly what the sad old BRSCC have done

Sour grapes or what! i really hope the new Castle combe club kicks butt this year

Politics in motorsport?......SURELY NOT???????
Old 10 Jan 2006, 21:41 (Ref:1498926)   #38
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe the coordinator (Mr S) has his championships mixed up.
ARP, Ford Saloons, Fiesta, XR, FF1600,......sorry ClubFF,....

Can't we vote for another Mr S as coordinator?
Old 10 Jan 2006, 23:47 (Ref:1498993)   #39
Walshy
Veteran

England
Lancashire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Sowman
A few things worth picking up on here.

Fourth, I'm puzzled by Walshy's remark that not many club racers would want to do a national series such as Formula 4 - have you seen the size of the 750MC grids Chris!? F4 is, in my view, an attractive championship but more quality entries are always welcome.
You missed the point Ian. I never once said anything was wrong with the 750MC F4 grid. Or any of their grids for that matter. They are healthy. I was looking at it from a FF1600 drivers point of view. What I was saying is that most people want to do a regional FF1600 series because it's just that, regional. The MS Championship this year is a little more than regional.

In the NW, we appear to have what most people wanted, more Oulton dates and just the one away weekend. The MS Championship is all over the place............
Old 10 Jan 2006, 23:55 (Ref:1498997)   #40
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
OK, you were talking specifically about club FF1600 racers but that wasn't clear from your original post. No problem.
Old 11 Jan 2006, 00:28 (Ref:1499009)   #41
Triple J Motorsport
Veteran

England
Burgess Hill W Sussex
Triple J Motorsport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auriga
John, I have spoken to one driver this morning who has pulled out and another owner/driver who says he will not do it!
I can guess who they are. I shall only do Brands and Silverstone rounds, all the BRDC races and KOK if they run it.

I am glad the BRSCC are just trying to kill my hobby and not my business!

3rd 2009 & 2012 FFZetec festival final
Old 11 Jan 2006, 00:35 (Ref:1499011)   #42
Triple J Motorsport
Veteran

England
Burgess Hill W Sussex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redracer77
It seems to me that the BRSCC do the opposite of what the drivers want.

So I vote for clay cranks and ****s race dates in 2006

Like Jez said Formula 4 has cheap entries and great dates -

2 x Brands Hatch
2 x Snetterton
1 x Cadwell Park
1 x Mallory Park
1 x Thruxton
1 x Donington
1 x Silverstone

Most are double headers as well.......

See you all there in 2007!!!

I am sure the 750Mc would love to run FF1600
Like sound of Thruxton, Donington and the Brands rounds of this F4 the championship has a class for standard FF1600?

Assume join the 750MC and then cheaper entries too!

Old 11 Jan 2006, 07:12 (Ref:1499066)   #43
JNWRF01
Veteran

England
Bedfordshire
I don't believe they have a FF1600 class - but a well driven 1600 will beat most of the zetec anyway...I still have my memebership from last year, so I will do a few rounds for some fun..
Old 11 Jan 2006, 09:47 (Ref:1499122)   #44
Triple J Motorsport
Veteran

England
Burgess Hill W Sussex
Quote:
Originally Posted by JNWRF01
I don't believe they have a FF1600 class - but a well driven 1600 will beat most of the zetec anyway...I still have my memebership from last year, so I will do a few rounds for some fun..
How much is membership Jeremy and entry fees. This is what you raced in at Mallory then?

Old 11 Jan 2006, 09:51 (Ref:1499125)   #45
JNWRF01
Veteran

England
Bedfordshire
Yep..I did Mallory and S'stone last year with them..nice people & close racing. I think it was £50 membership + £45 registratin and £150 entry fee. The races were 15mins + 1 lap.

If its a similar price for similar track time, then you have to do the Thruxton race...
Old 11 Jan 2006, 12:31 (Ref:1499195)   #46
Go-Pakistan
Racer

Pakistan
London
Go-Pakistan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
dissapointing calendar !

All single headers? not good. it will be nice to do mallory and silverstone national, but why only one Brands Hatch round? I guess the Brands date the A1GP support?

Might have to think about selling my ff1600 and getting a zetec instead to do 750MC. low entry fees and double headers.

Anyone know if the national formula ford "B" category for zetecs has a maximum age on chassis?
Old 11 Jan 2006, 12:35 (Ref:1499199)   #47
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
What allows the 750MC to keep their fees lower than BRSCC?
Old 11 Jan 2006, 12:50 (Ref:1499206)   #48
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulSands
What allows the 750MC to keep their fees lower than BRSCC?
Full grids & more races must be contributory factors.
Old 11 Jan 2006, 13:15 (Ref:1499223)   #49
JNWRF01
Veteran

England
Bedfordshire
750MC Zetecs has an upper age limit of 2001 and you need a National B. They usually get 6-10 Zetecs per race - the pace at the front is mid-grid Zetec Clubmans pace. Tyre regs are free - otherwise you just run to normal Zetec rules. If you need more details - PM me.
Old 13 Jan 2006, 00:26 (Ref:1500275)   #50
Triple J Motorsport
Veteran

England
Burgess Hill W Sussex
Will have a chat to the 750MC and BRSCC tomorrow (well today actually!)