Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 28 Dec 2006, 21:46 (Ref:1800773)   #1
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wheels

Do you have a wheel for your games? What kind is it? is it good?

Well, me, I got a thrustmaster Ferrari wheel for christmas, its good, just getting used to NASCAR 06 with it, and Ive won many races in Race Driver 3, Its brilliant!

So, what've you got?
Old 28 Dec 2006, 22:11 (Ref:1800786)   #2
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Rockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Er, i have a mouse atm... isn't the best thing for brake and throttle control....

Looking to get a Logitech G25... But everywhere is out of stock and they're expensive...
Old 29 Dec 2006, 00:03 (Ref:1800843)   #3
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Oh, STEERING Wheels...
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 29 Dec 2006, 18:39 (Ref:1801386)   #4
Kieran20
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Kieran20 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i have a microsft sidewinder, does the job, but i would like a G25 which i will get when it finally arives.
Old 29 Dec 2006, 19:40 (Ref:1801413)   #5
nihil
Racer

nihil should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have a Saitek R220....

LOL

Its sh**e - the pedals seem to have a spike in their travel (which makes it really easy to pop the brakes) and, no matter what I do to calibrate it, the wheel doesn't centre properly (meaning I have to consciously keep on a minute amount of right hand lock just to get down to the other end of a straight without mishap).

Makes driving GPL a nightmare...

But it sits very comfortably on my lap (no ff) and I've got used to its idiosyncracies, so I won't be upgrading yet.
Old 29 Dec 2006, 20:42 (Ref:1801447)   #6
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
i have a MSFF wheel . but also looking for a G25 . or at least a DFP .. can't find any of them around here actually ..

Ciao Marco
Old 29 Dec 2006, 23:59 (Ref:1801553)   #7
TwoSheds
Veteran

England
Farnborough, UK
TwoSheds should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTwoSheds should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Currently have a Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback.
Old 30 Dec 2006, 01:09 (Ref:1801581)   #8
Boxy
Veteran

Australia
Beautiful one day - bloody hot the next
Boxy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have a Logitech 'Driving Force', force feedback for the PS2. It is brilliant! Especially 'round the Nurburging on GT4. Every little bump comes back through the wheel, often throwing you off line, leaving you constantly having to catch the car. Highly recommended.
With a young daughter around these days, time is very much against using it though! ( + I have a missus whom I have fight to get a go on the PS anyways!!)
Old 30 Dec 2006, 08:51 (Ref:1801662)   #9
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
use it with your PC and leave the PS for the missus

Ciao Marco
Old 30 Dec 2006, 09:44 (Ref:1801671)   #10
Boxy
Veteran

Australia
Beautiful one day - bloody hot the next
Boxy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani Filth
use it with your PC and leave the PS for the missus
Excuse my daftness, but I didnt think you could use this wheel on the PC?
That, and the fact I havent (shock horror!!!) played any racing games on the PC.
Old 30 Dec 2006, 11:41 (Ref:1801721)   #11
Kieran20
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxy
Excuse my daftness, but I didnt think you could use this wheel on the PC?
That, and the fact I havent (shock horror!!!) played any racing games on the PC.
when you play a racing sim on the PC, u will be totally amazed at how much more realistic it is. you will go back to the PS and you will seriosly want to shoot it

i used to love playing the Sony f1 games and EA games, and also toca race drier, until i bought F1 challenge for the PC. its so muhc better. im not wrapped up in Rfactor and Live for speed and also racing online is much more fun too

im looking forqward to gettting my G25, ive always wanted a clutch pedal , but at the moment im sticking with my Microsft wheel

PS: do all miscrosft wheels have FF? because i have not heard of any one else who doesnt have it lol, do they all have it or is mine a broken or doesnt support it?
Old 30 Dec 2006, 13:41 (Ref:1801765)   #12
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
you have the Gameport version by any chance ??

@boxy . yes . the DFP works on PCs as well... if your PC isn't that old and can handle GTR2 for example. . give it a try .. you won't regret it .. hope so

Ciao Marco
Old 5 Jan 2007, 03:03 (Ref:1806770)   #13
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I got a PS2 & GT4 for Christmas!

I bought a Logitech® Driving Force Pro Wheel & Pedal set half price at the Boxing Day sale!

Very, very happy!
Old 5 Jan 2007, 10:02 (Ref:1806880)   #14
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I've got a Logitech MOMO Force Feedback wheel (the red one).

Its getting old hat now I guess, but it's still a nice wheel. It has lasted me three years now or more, without trouble or need to replace/clean any parts.

I used to have a MS Sidewinder wheel, but the MOMO is much nicer than that. It feels sturdier, is better ergonomically IMO, has better FF and looks much nicer too.
Old 5 Jan 2007, 11:33 (Ref:1806955)   #15
drumbstick
Rookie

United Kingdom
drumbstick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have a MOMO (black ;o() with BRD speed 7 pedals
Old 5 Jan 2007, 16:14 (Ref:1807616)   #16
Kieran20
Veteran

England
West Sussex
i read soemwhere that the logitech G25 works on both PC and PS2. now is this that there are seperate wheels for each or does the same one work on both, or is this a lie
Old 5 Jan 2007, 18:29 (Ref:1807696)   #17
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieran20
i read soemwhere that the logitech G25 works on both PC and PS2. now is this that there are seperate wheels for each or does the same one work on both, or is this a lie
AFIAK it works for both - my DFP works for both.
Old 5 Jan 2007, 19:58 (Ref:1807723)   #18
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I think its a USB Plug.

My Thrustmaster wheel is Broken, Ill press the X pedal or the X button, nothing happens, then 2 mins later, It suddeny responds, any way to fix this?
Old 7 Jan 2007, 15:12 (Ref:1808868)   #19
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickyf1
I think its a USB Plug.

My Thrustmaster wheel is Broken, Ill press the X pedal or the X button, nothing happens, then 2 mins later, It suddeny responds, any way to fix this?
Sounds like a skip it problem to me
Old 7 Jan 2007, 17:57 (Ref:1808929)   #20
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
yeah, im getting it replaced
Old 7 Jan 2007, 18:42 (Ref:1808962)   #21
jonboy1066
Racer

United Kingdom
'astings
jonboy1066 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I've had a DFP for a couple of months now on my PS 2 and it's great (only cost £60). I'm a little worried about the latest news of PS3 and FF not working though. But it could just be one of those negative publicity style rumours that turns out to be a load of ol' tripe
Old 7 Jan 2007, 23:05 (Ref:1809167)   #22
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I cannot imagine PS3 not supporting force feedback.
Old 7 Jan 2007, 23:54 (Ref:1809188)   #23
jonboy1066
Racer

United Kingdom
'astings
jonboy1066 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Neither can I but some legal issues have prevented Sony from adding rumble force into their controllers and FF into any wheels/guns that they make. This does not mean that Logitech or anyone else can't make a peripheral for a PS3 that has a force feedback capability but it's then down to the game programmers to include it into the code of the game, which, (Allegedly) Sony are discouraging the games companies from doing.
So far it has been announced that F1 Championship edition and Motorstorm do not have FF but I hear that NFS Carbon works fine with FF. I also heard that the GTHD demo was released with FF but the 1.1 version had it removed.
I think I'm gonna hang on a while and see what happens when "Race" gets released which will be the first racing Sim for PS3 and if it has no FF I may consider doing the unthinkable and going for an XPox. (After all GTR is being released for XPox in the Summer)
Old 9 Jan 2007, 15:55 (Ref:1810477)   #24
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I did have a wheel (cant rember the model, but it's was a very old one but I loved it, espicaly you could adjust the gear selector from the sequential stick to 4 buttons on the back of the wheel) for my old pc when I used to live up in Queensland but when I moved the cables were crushed and split, so it was damaged beyond repair. And I did have a wheel for my Xbox based on the Ferrari 360 Modena but it was damaged when I had to move again. Oh what fun I had with those two .