Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 11 Feb 2013, 19:41 (Ref:3203031)   #51
W.A Trichlorostyrene
Veteran

W.A Trichlorostyrene should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What about Patrick Kujala? 16 years old, former F2.0 and French F4 driver. How good is he?
Old 11 Feb 2013, 20:25 (Ref:3203063)   #52
Daisy
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Daisy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Impressive line up bij Korianen. I hope they do well.
Old 12 Feb 2013, 00:02 (Ref:3203176)   #53
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A Trichlorostyrene View Post
What about Patrick Kujala? 16 years old, former F2.0 and French F4 driver. How good is he?
if he's who i think he is, he had one or two good shows in the eurocup (didn't everyone?), but judging by his entorage, looked rather like he was being pushed by too many people. did a bit too much pouting - much like vaxiviere, another one (apparently) from that f4 season.

it's way too soon, but i bet he's paying a full budget.
Old 12 Feb 2013, 20:52 (Ref:3203689)   #54
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Go_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGo_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I heard he is well in position to pay one ;-)
Old 12 Feb 2013, 21:06 (Ref:3203695)   #55
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i'm waiting for the daily mail-clutching sensationalists to run in declaring it completely wrong that a 16 year old could be competing in such a powerful car so far nothing is saying that he's outrageously brilliant. mind you we said the same about matheo tuscher, and he turned out alright!

as i've said on another thread, imo gp3 is the gamble to take this season. there's no guarantees anyone's going to find their backside quicker than anyone else, so it could get very interesting.
Old 12 Feb 2013, 22:26 (Ref:3203757)   #56
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Yes I think you could be right, could be a surprise or two in store possibly do you think?

On a separate note i'm looking forward to judging the new car. I hope it can get me interested as I detested the old one!
Old 13 Feb 2013, 12:16 (Ref:3204034)   #57
ivanalesi
Veteran

Bulgaria
ivanalesi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If Matheo only gets the funds for a GP3 ride, I'd bet on him
Old 14 Feb 2013, 11:29 (Ref:3204569)   #58
BackmarkerUK
Racer

England
BackmarkerUK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Carlin have hired Luis Sa Silva. Which is a little underwhelming.
Old 14 Feb 2013, 12:19 (Ref:3204592)   #59
p-matt
Veteran

p-matt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Carlin's driver choices in most series they race in this year have been underwhelming. Sa Silva is probably taking the biscuit though.
Old 14 Feb 2013, 19:03 (Ref:3204779)   #60
Alex87
Rookie

Argentina
Buenos Aires
Alex87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by p-matt View Post
Carlin's driver choices in most series they race in this year have been underwhelming. Sa Silva is probably taking the biscuit though.
Don´t underrate Eric Lichtenstein. He had a brilliant 2012 in F. Ford though we can´t compare Both cathegories as they are quite different in matter of downforce and horsepower. as a matter of fact, Eric is taking advantage of this long (unnecesary) silly season to test more powerful cars such as the FR3.5 to get the feeling of a faster car.
Old 14 Feb 2013, 19:56 (Ref:3204815)   #61
Alex87
Rookie

Argentina
Buenos Aires
Alex87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurski View Post
Koiranen GP confirm Aaro Vainio, Patrick Kujala and Kevin Korjus for their maiden GP3 campaign.
Kurski, I got curious for your avatar. Are you fan of Pechito Lopez?
Old 15 Feb 2013, 17:05 (Ref:3205400)   #62
W.A Trichlorostyrene
Veteran

W.A Trichlorostyrene should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Facu Regalia in at ART(which apparently, isn't officially called "Lotus GP" anymore).

http://www.gp3series.com/News/2013/02_February/Regalia/
Old 15 Feb 2013, 17:18 (Ref:3205411)   #63
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
by way of the lotus junior programme naming their drivers, alex fontana is confirmed at jenzer too. that's historically a pretty good gamble with a new car in gp3 using the completely unscientific method of the 2010 season!
Old 16 Feb 2013, 09:35 (Ref:3205803)   #64
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Go_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGo_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
... and Korjus not mentioned as Lotus Junior
Old 16 Feb 2013, 11:03 (Ref:3205831)   #65
p-matt
Veteran

p-matt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_For_Pole View Post
... and Korjus not mentioned as Lotus Junior
Seems very harsh. He had an excellent 2010 and 2011, has a duff 2012 and is out.

Even Brendon Hartley had more chances to be very underwhleming at Red Bull
Old 16 Feb 2013, 13:19 (Ref:3205856)   #66
ivanalesi
Veteran

Bulgaria
ivanalesi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This Lotus program seems more like "they train with us & use our simulator, so we give them our logo" kind of thing
Old 18 Feb 2013, 13:49 (Ref:3206706)   #67
pauln
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
pauln should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpauln should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nick Yelloly also now confirmed with Carlin - back from FR3.5 on the grounds that the new GP3 car pushes the series up the scale. Not sure I'd entirely agree with that - more likely it improves its standing a little and puts him back at the same tracks as the GP2/F1 teams.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/105603
Old 19 Feb 2013, 20:44 (Ref:3207463)   #68
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Quality grid:

http://www.gp3series.com/News/2013/0...on-in-Estoril/
Old 19 Feb 2013, 21:34 (Ref:3207500)   #69
Marcus666
Racer

Sweden
Marcus666 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pauln View Post
Nick Yelloly also now confirmed with Carlin - back from FR3.5 on the grounds that the new GP3 car pushes the series up the scale. Not sure I'd entirely agree with that - more likely it improves its standing a little and puts him back at the same tracks as the GP2/F1 teams.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/105603
WHAT!? I thought he was doing great in FR3.5, seems like he is going to shoot himself in the foot!
Old 19 Feb 2013, 21:45 (Ref:3207505)   #70
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
personally i think he's got a point. the value for money in gp3 looks pretty good, even without knowing what kind of a deal he was offered. sure, he'd have a good chance of ending up in the top 3 if he had a good season in 3.5 but gp3 has had a reset - why not gamble? it'll only end up being a gamble at the end of the 3.5 season as well.
Old 19 Feb 2013, 21:52 (Ref:3207512)   #71
Flavio Galtieri
Veteran

European Union
Modena
Flavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Personally I can't help but feel his management would rather he raced in a series other than the one Da Costa is in. Can't say I blame them.

I don't buy the "Gp3 is now up the scale" bs for a moment.
Old 19 Feb 2013, 22:59 (Ref:3207542)   #72
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
i don't think anyone's saying it's moving up the scale (wtf is that anyway?) simply because they finally got round to doing a decent car. not anyone in real life away from a press release anyway. what's interesting is the number of drivers who are shifting sideways to do it and who are willing to do so rather than accepting it as a last minute cheapest option type affair.

don't be so black and white. it's not about whether you buy it or not. is the car an improvement? it looks that way. is the grid of better quality? certainly. is it a better gamble than 3.5? definitely, if you haven't got an offer you can afford from one of the best teams or engineers. yelloly's got a great seat, and he stands a really good chance of taking the title.

da costa isn't going to have it all his own way this season either.
Old 20 Feb 2013, 14:45 (Ref:3207941)   #73
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
I can see both sides here, Flavio's and bella's....

On one hand the big bold quicker new car will automatically make GP3 and anyone who enters it think that it is a bit of a step up, but on the other it cannot be anything other than beneath GP2 and 3.5 in terms of performance and therefore imo seniority so anyone who moves into it from 3.5 will naturally be seen as taking a step backwards, even if they are doing so for sensible reasons.

I'm still looking to see how much quicker the new car is (and what it sounds like!) because I don't care what anyone says about it being on the GP support bill and any benefit that may have, that first car was bloody horrible and a poor comparison compared to an F3 car but we've been there and done that so....

Bring on the first test and let's see who impresses!
Old 21 Feb 2013, 23:58 (Ref:3208866)   #74
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Where is this new team came from, Bamboo Engineering???
Old 22 Feb 2013, 00:28 (Ref:3208874)   #75
Felipe
Rookie

Brazil
Brasilia
Felipe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mekola View Post
Where is this new team came from, Bamboo Engineering???
Was formed in 2009 and raced in BTCC. Currently fields two Chevrolet Cruze in WTCC too