Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Hillclimb and Sprint

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 1 Mar 2011, 14:28 (Ref:2838442)   #29
Keith M Taylor
Rookie

Keith M Taylor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Motus Kart

Ok i used to run a Maguire Mini in sprints and hill climbs, my mechanic was a guy by the name of James Ebdon, who in-between sorting my car, also ran a Motus Kart with a Bultaco 250 single in the 500 class at Prescott Hill climbs, the reason he got around the rules was that the Motus had suspension, sort of (rubber doughnuts) bit like early minis, and a long Wing on the back and also front wing, some thing to do with the 500 class, length requirement rules...now this caused a load of controversy and was sooooooooo fast up the hill!!! The other 500 cars were Jap500 V twins and a fare bit slower....so i think the Motus was banned....but i do remember another car/kart/spacframe? came along, with a screeeeming snowmobile engine in it.....was it a Konig sp engine? call age concern! i can`t remember much more at the moment, must be the medication....but will post if i remember any more.