Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 17 Feb 2008, 03:35 (Ref:2130639)   #1
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ford's latest car: the FG FALCON

Ford has released it's new Falcon. Called the FG, it was orignally called the Orion. I think they should have called it the Ford Mondlcon though, as you can see that the styling cues come from the Ford Mondeo. I reckon the car looks all that flash hot, which I reckon a Falcon should be.

Pics here: http://img.drive.com.au/drive_images...XR8_2c_700.jpg
http://img.drive.com.au/drive_images.../XR8_4_700.jpg

Your views?
Old 17 Feb 2008, 09:04 (Ref:2130718)   #2
Silencer
Racer

New Zealand
New Zealand
Silencer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not that much different then the current BF really, is it?

I really like the interior though.
Old 17 Feb 2008, 09:36 (Ref:2130732)   #3
Silencer
Racer

New Zealand
New Zealand
Silencer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I will just add though, the Super Pursuit, F6 and GT FPV models look fantastic but I'm not really sold on the XR6/XR8.
Old 17 Feb 2008, 16:36 (Ref:2130946)   #4
Bluebottle
Veteran

United Kingdom
High Wycombe
Bluebottle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBluebottle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Nice but not very inspiring (Talking about appearance only)
Old 23 Feb 2008, 08:22 (Ref:2135604)   #5
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebottle
Nice but not very inspiring (Talking about appearance only)
Its a Ford..... Explains everything

The Ford guys are raving about it, every newspaper columnist in the country is lamenting that its likely to be the last one they ever build here....

At least they didnt 'do a Holden' and throw 200kg and a worse engine into the package.

(sits in the corner, sad at the loss of the 380 being made here...)
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 23 Feb 2008, 21:29 (Ref:2136109)   #6
Bluebottle
Veteran

United Kingdom
High Wycombe
Bluebottle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBluebottle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
Its a Ford..... Explains everything
...which makes it more ironic that I thought it looked like a Vauxhall
Old 17 Apr 2008, 00:21 (Ref:2179403)   #7
johnh875
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
johnh875 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They have now been driven by the media, the big news is the performance of the XR6 Turbo & G6E Turbo - 0-100km/h in 5.1sec and 0-400m in 13.4sec @ 172km/h (107mph). That is seriously quick, and was also the auto. The manual XR6T should be an experience too with its launch control party trick.

http://www.drive.com.au/Editorial/Ar...&vf=28&IsPgd=0

ps could the mods please change the thread title to "Falcon" not the juvenile "Mondlcon"...
Old 17 Apr 2008, 06:39 (Ref:2179500)   #8
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Done.
Old 17 Apr 2008, 06:49 (Ref:2179506)   #9
agosling
Racer

agosling should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It still stuns me that Ford managed to spend $800 million to build the car they already had. For that amount of money they surely could have at least made a token effort.

Everything I have seen suggests that the biggest changes are the interior, mind you given how ordinary the current interior is it wouldn't be hard to improve that.

I don't think there is much doubt that it will be the last Falcon build in Australia, just a shame they couldn't have done a better job of it as a final effort.
Old 17 Apr 2008, 06:54 (Ref:2179508)   #10
agosling
Racer

agosling should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm not sure why the title of the thread needed to be changed, it merely highlighted the fact that what little effort that has gone into refining the appearance of the car is a direct ripoff of the Mondeo, while some sensitive souls may find that offensive, it is the truth.
Old 21 Apr 2008, 03:26 (Ref:2182515)   #11
johnh875
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
I'm not arguing what it looks like, depending on who you talk to it looks like either a Mondeo or the old Falcon. Just like the the VE Commodore supposedly looked like a BA Falcon. I just thought that it was a juvenile jibe, and would cause confusion for non-Australian forum users
Old 22 Apr 2008, 07:40 (Ref:2183679)   #12
Alan Jones
Veteran

Alan Jones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Isn't the six speed auto still only an option on the base model ?

has the front wheel moved forward a little from the BF ? Looks that way in the second photo.

All in all i like it, but as has been said above, hasn't changed much from the BF.
Old 30 Apr 2008, 09:16 (Ref:2190913)   #13
Bullett
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Bullett should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Jones
Isn't the six speed auto still only an option on the base model ?

has the front wheel moved forward a little from the BF ? Looks that way in the second photo.

All in all i like it, but as has been said above, hasn't changed much from the BF.
Yes, 5 speed auto standard and six speed a $1500 option
Old 30 Apr 2008, 18:10 (Ref:2191275)   #14
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by agosling
I'm not sure why the title of the thread ...... changed,
Because I can. Next!

Quote:
Originally Posted by agosling
it merely highlighted the fact that what little effort that has gone into refining the appearance of the car is a direct ripoff of the Mondeo, while some sensitive souls may find that offensive, it is the truth.
And they call us poms whingers?
Old 1 May 2008, 06:00 (Ref:2191567)   #15
johnh875
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
The front wheel has moved a small amount due to the different suspension hardware, rather than "moving" them if you follow me.

The road tests so far mostly seem quite happy with the 5sp auto & the upgrade to the ZF gearbox is less worthwhile.
Old 7 Jun 2008, 05:41 (Ref:2221714)   #16
Amaroo Park
Veteran

Australia
New South Wales
Amaroo Park should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Love the Subaru rear tail lights.

I would buy one put it away and then in 30 years time you can sell one of the last Australian built Falcons.
Old 1 Oct 2008, 13:50 (Ref:2302041)   #17
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnh875
ps could the mods please change the thread title to "Falcon" not the juvenile "Mondlcon"...
IMHO, the word Mondlcon (Mondeo Falcon) is not immature. Sure it sounds weird but reflects the styling of the Falcon as a larger version of the Mondeo. And even though in my first post in this thread said that I proclaim the car as good looking, I miss typed myself and originally was going to dismiss the looks. Even though I have sat in one and do like the inside of the car, I would spend my hard earned on something a bit more than a lazy styled ripped off car.
Old 3 Oct 2008, 08:53 (Ref:2303284)   #18
Bluebottle
Veteran

United Kingdom
High Wycombe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor
...... I would spend my hard earned on something a bit more than a lazy styled ripped off car.
There are very few cars in the production car world that don't come under that banner, although 'ripped off' is perhaps a little harsh- plagiarized might be better
Old 20 Nov 2008, 05:08 (Ref:2338130)   #19
johnh875
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
The locally-manufactured 4.0L dohc inline 6cyl engine is now going to be upgraded to EuroIV compliance beyond 2010, rather than being replaced by an imported V6

http://www.news.com.au/business/stor...-31037,00.html
Old 1 Mar 2009, 16:55 (Ref:2406741)   #20
nic.v814
Racer

New Zealand
Perth
nic.v814 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the FG looks to similar to the BF ,they really need to make some decent design changes if they want more customers.
Old 2 May 2009, 00:36 (Ref:2453923)   #21
Amaroo Park
Veteran

Australia
New South Wales
Amaroo Park should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Got to drive an FG last week. Have to say Ford have done a really good job on the car. Unlike any other Falcon, very nice to drive. Well Done