Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 3 Dec 2011, 14:57 (Ref:2994812)   #1
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
MG Car Club (Brands Hatch Indy): 5 - 6 May 2012

MG Car Club all series.
Old 20 Apr 2012, 09:56 (Ref:3062537)   #2
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Busy old weekend for racers but pushing for some more FISCAR entries for the MGCC event at Brands, following the success of our Donington entry.
Old 6 May 2012, 19:32 (Ref:3070334)   #3
m1fcf
Veteran

United Kingdom
m1fcf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridm1fcf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just a quick bypass on the thread to thank all the MGCC guys for a cracking weekend marshalling for you.

Good, clean, friendly racing is exactly what every marshal looks for especially in the heavy drought conditions we all suffered over the two days!!

Cheers,
David
Post5
Old 6 May 2012, 19:36 (Ref:3070335)   #4
Barry P
Rookie

England
Seaford, East Sussex
Barry P should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1fcf View Post
Just a quick bypass on the thread to thank all the MGCC guys for a cracking weekend marshalling for you.

Good, clean, friendly racing is exactly what every marshal looks for especially in the heavy drought conditions we all suffered over the two days!!

Cheers,
David
Post5
Ditto, A fantastic event to marshal, will be back next year.
Old 6 May 2012, 21:23 (Ref:3070382)   #5
kartman24
Racer

kartman24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can anyone give me a link to the results from the FISCAR race, many thanks..........Martin
Old 6 May 2012, 21:26 (Ref:3070386)   #6
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kartman24 View Post
Can anyone give me a link to the results from the FISCAR race, many thanks..........Martin
http://www.tsl-timing.com/?loc=club&...eventid=121853
Old 6 May 2012, 21:38 (Ref:3070392)   #7
kartman24
Racer

Thanks for that..............Martin
Old 6 May 2012, 21:55 (Ref:3070401)   #8
kartman24
Racer

Does anyone have any pictures of Rob Cobden`s Fairthorpe Electron, number 30 in the FISCAR race...........Martin
Old 6 May 2012, 23:05 (Ref:3070441)   #9
yesnomaybe
Racer

yesnomaybe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yes, i've got a few, will post a link here to the gallery once ive uploaded them which'll probably be mid week, cheers
Old 7 May 2012, 08:37 (Ref:3070533)   #10
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
FISCAR race had 18 qualifiers, 14 starters and 12 finishers, so must be a story to be told there. However, 8 different marques in the first 8 really hits the spot.

I know I should have been there but apart from a prior commitment to the 360MRC at Snet, in truth Brands is too far for me at the moment as cannot leave my old dogs that long!
Old 7 May 2012, 08:57 (Ref:3070545)   #11
SAMD
Veteran

SAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
FISCAR race had 18 qualifiers, 14 starters and 12 finishers, so must be a story to be told there. However, 8 different marques in the first 8 really hits the spot.

I know I should have been there but apart from a prior commitment to the 360MRC at Snet, in truth Brands is too far for me at the moment as cannot leave my old dogs that long!
Tut tut John, that is no way to speak of the spouse
Old 7 May 2012, 17:52 (Ref:3070761)   #12
jellison
Veteran

England
Surrey
jellison has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1fcf View Post

Cheers,
David
Post5
Hope you enjoyed the Thoroughbreds (well race one anyway).
Old 11 May 2012, 21:45 (Ref:3072827)   #13
yesnomaybe
Racer

heres the links to my photos of this event, as requested

Saturday
http://www.flickr.com/photos/coletri...7629681076140/

Sunday
http://www.flickr.com/photos/coletri...7629682627608/

This link is just for the couple of pics i got of the Electron on sunday
http://www.flickr.com/photos/coletri...horpeelectron/

cheers
Old 11 May 2012, 21:58 (Ref:3072831)   #14
SZRacer
Racer

England
North Cotswolds
SZRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSZRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for the nice photo of me in the Gravel Trap!

So annoying - One lap from the end too. Still, my car's nose shape makes a perfect gravel scoop...

I'm sure that gravel trap wasn't there when I last raced at Brands a few years ago?

And it was there 10 years ago.

Confused? I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesnomaybe View Post
heres the links to my photos of this event, as requested

Saturday
http://www.flickr.com/photos/coletri...7629681076140/

Sunday
http://www.flickr.com/photos/coletri...7629682627608/

This link is just for the couple of pics i got of the Electron on sunday
http://www.flickr.com/photos/coletri...horpeelectron/

cheers
Old 12 May 2012, 22:40 (Ref:3073328)   #15
yesnomaybe
Racer

no probs there is another nice pic of your car at clearways

pretty sure that gravel traps been theres for at least 10 years... probably longer
Old 13 May 2012, 09:40 (Ref:3073526)   #16
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
A few pics of the FISCAR race courtesy of pro photographer Steve Jones who also hung on to brave the elements for the delayed race. The pics give ample evidence of both the conditions and the high quality of the cars! So if you have something suitable why not join us (unashamed FISCAR plug!):-
Attached Thumbnails
fis 2wb.jpg   fis 4wb.jpg   fis 6wb.jpg  

fis 9wb.jpg   fis 13wb.jpg   fis 14wb.jpg  

Last edited by John Turner; 14 May 2012 at 09:44.
Old 13 May 2012, 11:01 (Ref:3073578)   #17
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Does Steve put his pictures on a website now or are you one of the "Chosen ones" that he'll email pictures to?
Old 13 May 2012, 14:06 (Ref:3073678)   #18
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Woth mentioning our mate Jerry Knighyt who apparently had a great race in his Morgan.
Old 13 May 2012, 15:03 (Ref:3073746)   #19
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Yup, he came from 14th to finish 2nd.
Old 13 May 2012, 16:01 (Ref:3073800)   #20
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
I mispelled the previous post on prupose!
Old 13 May 2012, 16:40 (Ref:3073827)   #21
Clive Brown
Veteran

England
North-west Kent
Clive Brown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
I mispelled the previous post on prupose!
Either that, or you need to get a better poof reader.
Old 13 May 2012, 19:08 (Ref:3073935)   #22
SZRacer
Racer

England
North Cotswolds
SZRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSZRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks.

Pretty sure Brands replaced the gravel with tarmac in around 2003 (I'd rolled a car at Paddock in the gravel in 2001), and I'm sure it was still tarmac in around 2007, but then I my memory may be playing tricks with me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesnomaybe View Post
no probs there is another nice pic of your car at clearways

pretty sure that gravel traps been theres for at least 10 years... probably longer
Old 14 May 2012, 08:15 (Ref:3074174)   #23
jellison
Veteran

England
Surrey
jellison has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Pity the pic's I can find on the net are only from the wet Sunday.

Saturday (for me was alot better), wrong tyres in practice but drys (right) in the race - top fun from 8th (should have one but for 3rd place not knowing when a corner was well and truely lost, ending in th gravel and cuasing the race to be stopped on lap later - when I was on the front 2's boot lids - Grrrr). Good vid though.
Old 14 May 2012, 08:20 (Ref:3074176)   #24
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
My concern was for FISCAR pics and we were struggling because due to the conditions and the fact that our race was delayed (and I wasn't there) most photographers had gone by then. But not Steve, and as a pro earning a living at it, yes, he was remunerated!

If others have pics of other races, then of course, please put them on the thread. If anyone wants me to ask Steve about pics of their cars, please pm me and I will pass the message on, but he will want paying!