Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 30 Oct 2016, 07:38 (Ref:3683969)   #26
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Fortified by brekky, now off to circuit. Lovely day again, looks like going to be mid 20s for race! Contrast to the last year or two when weather was less than expected on the Algarve....

Just need to whip rocker cover off to check head bolts and clearances, then it's in the lap of the gods!
Old 30 Oct 2016, 10:04 (Ref:3683990)   #27
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Guess Mike is just about to start . We all forgot his Birthday which was on the 15th of October . So happy birthday Mike and let's hope you have a good belated present with a podium . 😀
Old 30 Oct 2016, 10:29 (Ref:3683992)   #28
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'll drink to that. Later of course the sun is still below the yard arm here.😎
Old 30 Oct 2016, 15:29 (Ref:3684025)   #29
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Thanks! I'm trying to forget it's my birthday every year......

We finished! Pleasing when not expecting anything. Car was definitely not 100%, and my fastest lap was 3 secs off that managed in 2013. But it lasted the 2hrs, we didn't get any penalties for usual pit lane speeding, crossing exit white line etc, and got P11 as a result. Class P5 was best could have hoped for with a mass of Healeys, the Breadvan and green SLR as competition. The latter was up to P3 at one point when driver changes plus SC period fell into their hands, and was on course for a top 6 finish when the car went sick near the end. It eventually parked up on the last lap, rumoured to be out of fuel......

Cracking weather, great place to spend the last race weekend of the season, and excellent company. Well done GTSCC, MRL etc for keeping the faith- the meeting is scheduled to be same weekend next year. And guess what, PA Paul Ricard is weekend before..... Wonder if we can make it work!
Old 30 Oct 2016, 15:44 (Ref:3684031)   #30
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
356sc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great result!
60s endurance 1965 356sc #49
Mag 7's #60
Old 30 Oct 2016, 15:56 (Ref:3684033)   #31
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Great result. Well done. Yes I've already plugged it in for next year.
Old 30 Oct 2016, 16:01 (Ref:3684034)   #32
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
The Stephens family and noisy little car were much missed, Will! Maybe you can get the logistics to work next year.
Old 30 Oct 2016, 17:58 (Ref:3684062)   #33
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
356sc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
?.......noisy little car?
....the very cheek!!!!

Will start dropping unsubtle hints over the winter!!!
60s endurance 1965 356sc #49
Mag 7's #60
Old 31 Oct 2016, 10:22 (Ref:3684238)   #34
eamonn ledwidge
Racer

Ireland
Fyfield, Essex, UK
eamonn ledwidge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We had a great time and I managed to catch up with the Attleborough 'dinger' for a quick chat, first time this year.
Old 31 Oct 2016, 17:03 (Ref:3684321)   #35
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
....and my fastest lap was 3 secs off that managed in 2013.
Probably all the gelato slowing you down Mike.

Also extra weight in the car and so on ....

Old 31 Oct 2016, 17:11 (Ref:3684325)   #36
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by eamonn ledwidge View Post
We had a great time and I managed to catch up with the Attleborough 'dinger' for a quick chat, first time this year.
Dinger! Takes me back to skool days..... Good to see you there, Eamonn.

Last Gelato was chocolat 'negro', and it was probably the best chocco ice cream I've eaten- ever.