Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 4 May 2007, 19:33 (Ref:1906796)   #1
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
cds_uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Toro Rosso in five years.

Ok here goes, i am just not convinced that they are around for the long haul, can anybody here really see them in F1 two or three years down the line never even mind five, it is beyond me as to what Red Bull get out having them at the end of the pitlane, i just happen to think if someone came along with a decent offer, be it ART or whoever , that they would sell up despite what Gerhard says, what do you guys think?
Old 4 May 2007, 19:52 (Ref:1906802)   #2
Red Bulldog
Racer

Canada
Beaver Bank, NS
Red Bulldog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think they will be around - as Schumacher Toro Rosso!
Old 4 May 2007, 20:29 (Ref:1906818)   #3
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
I don't think they'll be selling to anyone... except Gerhard.
Old 4 May 2007, 22:48 (Ref:1906868)   #4
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Berger-BMW
Old 5 May 2007, 05:06 (Ref:1906931)   #5
FPV GTHO
Veteran

Australia
St Marys, NSW
FPV GTHO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The idea is to give their development drivers more miles. They've obviously got high hopes for Liuzzi, and if he gets DC's drive at RBR next year he should be able to fit right in.

I think though that anyone who knows theyre not going to win in F1 in the near future would sell their team for the right price. STR will never get resources or talent in favour of RBR, but Red Bull have enough money to make that not a problem. Even Peter Sauber sold his team to BMW, yet people choose to think of that as moving the team forward, rather than selling out of an investment.
Old 5 May 2007, 10:37 (Ref:1907029)   #6
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Gerhard owns part (50%?) of the team now, so it's feasible that he could buy the whole thing or find new investors if Red Bull did lose interest in having a junior team. The extra vote in technical and rulebook issues might be of more value to them than the young driver development side of it - that could be done to a similar level in GP2 for a fraction of the cost.
Old 5 May 2007, 12:14 (Ref:1907077)   #7
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I still think the name Toro Rosso is just odd. Red Bull is sold as Red Bull in Italy. They also seem to have little identity of their own being a Red Bull team.
Old 5 May 2007, 17:01 (Ref:1907205)   #8
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bulldog
I think they will be around - as Schumacher Toro Rosso!
Or "Red Bull ScuderÃ*a von Trips"
Old 5 May 2007, 21:49 (Ref:1907342)   #9
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Five years is a long shot in F1... even for the top ones.
Old 6 May 2007, 09:50 (Ref:1907499)   #10
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Yeah,you only have to look at Toyota to realise that!
Old 7 May 2007, 08:12 (Ref:1908159)   #11
julesdw
Rookie

julesdw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The team will not go, it will just metamorphose into something else. Like all the teams on the grid, if they are still not the original team they are a logical progression from another team. Spyker is Midland which was Jordan. It's still more or less the same team, just rebranded and with management changes.
Old 7 May 2007, 10:33 (Ref:1908237)   #12
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
cds_uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thats my point though, at least with teams like Spyker you can see that they would like to stay around, you never got that feeling when they where Midland, again you just dont get that feeling with Toro Rosso, as i said i think they will bail out at the first decent offer.
Old 7 May 2007, 12:05 (Ref:1908282)   #13
carlo8
Rookie

carlo8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just the other day i read an interview with Gohard Burgler about this very subject (from australian motor news i think it was called).
He's saying that they have a fixed budget -from RB- but they are allowed to get other bigger sponsers if they can (if their results allow it,etc).
I'm guessing there is quite a bit of negotiability built into the teams relationship with RB so expect allmost anything in the long term.
Old 7 May 2007, 16:37 (Ref:1908406)   #14
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlo8
Just the other day i read an interview with Gohard Burgler
who?
Old 7 May 2007, 18:49 (Ref:1908478)   #15
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_b
who?
I think it's a play on a more familiar name.