Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Closed Thread

Old 21 Sep 2009, 18:17 (Ref:2545284)   #1
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
'09 ALMS Petit Le Mans - Sep 26th

No race thread, so thought I'd start one.....

Schedule
Entry List
Track Map
Timing & Scoring
Hindy/Radio or RLM
IMSA Site

Spotters Guide-NOW AVAILABLE!

Live SpeedTV rounds "Q"ing Stream by Michelin
Live full race TV Coverage - N.A: SpeedTV, Europe: Motors TV
Live Acura On Board Pass Race Streams from SpeedTV rounds
World Times
Qualifying Friday 25th @ 1425 (local) EST ( -4 GMT)
Race, Saturday 26th @ 1115 (local) EST

(Original layout by Horndawg)
Old 21 Sep 2009, 20:59 (Ref:2545460)   #2
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Thanks as always for the Guides, Andy.

if you are going to the event, let us know on the 10/10ths TRACKSIDE PLM Thread HERE.
Old 21 Sep 2009, 21:39 (Ref:2545500)   #3
tlongman
Racer

United States
New Jersey
tlongman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can't wait. Its gonna be another classic.
Old 21 Sep 2009, 22:21 (Ref:2545529)   #4
fjn356
Rookie

fjn356 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks, Andy. And the Spotters Guide is great. The helmets add a lot. I am bringing a friend that has never been to a race before and this thread and the Guide are just the things for him.
Old 21 Sep 2009, 22:32 (Ref:2545537)   #5
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
cool, I'm going! first ALMS event. I'll check the other thread. Apologies to Horndawg, he was apparently going to do this topic, but was waiting on some video links.
Old 21 Sep 2009, 22:50 (Ref:2545551)   #6
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
MJ_N_09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow, 30 cars. Hell of a grid.
Old 21 Sep 2009, 22:55 (Ref:2545557)   #7
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Apparently?
Only 28 race threads on 10 Tenths this year alone between the ALMS, LMS, FRC and Le Mans. With 19 of those having your spotters guide in it, where one was available for the particular race in question! So I guess it was a suprise that I would be putting one up for Petit, oops, unless you looked in the FRC or in the 2009 ALMS thread, where it actually stated I was waiting on the correct urls for this thread. Which I have even had to check with you on, so as to make sure your spotters guide was included in some of them. Amazing, simply amazing!

L.P.

Last edited by HORNDAWG; 21 Sep 2009 at 23:24.
Old 21 Sep 2009, 23:35 (Ref:2545573)   #8
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_b View Post
cool, I'm going! first ALMS event. .
Andy, enjoy! Wow, for a first ALMS race you are going to see the return of Peugeot and Audi against the Acuras, on one of America's great road courses! This should be a classic event!
Old 22 Sep 2009, 00:01 (Ref:2545587)   #9
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
Apparently?
Only 28 race threads on 10 Tenths this year alone between the ALMS, LMS, FRC and Le Mans. With 19 of those having your spotters guide in it, where one was available for the particular race in question! So I guess it was a suprise that I would be putting one up for Petit, oops, unless you looked in the FRC or in the 2009 ALMS thread, where it actually stated I was waiting on the correct urls for this thread. Which I have even had to check with you on, so as to make sure your spotters guide was included in some of them. Amazing, simply amazing!

L.P.
Yes, apparently is correct, because I wasn't aware you were waiting for urls.... it wasn't in the other PLM thread.

I didn't realise you were the only one allowed to post a race preview. I wasn't aware of that either.

I apologise here, as I did privately on email, but did I need to? Sorry, I didnt read every thread, did read the other PLM thread but it wasn't mentioned there...anyway it is hardly the end of the world, time to move on
Old 22 Sep 2009, 00:54 (Ref:2545599)   #10
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Apparently?

L.P.
Seriously, its a thread on a bloody forum, it's not like he slept with your wife jeez.
Old 22 Sep 2009, 01:25 (Ref:2545609)   #11
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
WMUCarGuy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Apparently?

L.P.
Who cares if someone else beat you to the punch in creating a thread with helpful links for a race weekend on a car forum...
Old 22 Sep 2009, 06:36 (Ref:2545696)   #12
CarolK
Racer

United States
Texas
CarolK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ_N_09 View Post
Wow, 30 cars. Hell of a grid.
big grid for US, but smallest we've seen this year
Old 22 Sep 2009, 07:02 (Ref:2545703)   #13
The359
Veteran

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
The359 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2006 had a smaller grid, 28. 2005 also had 30.
Old 22 Sep 2009, 07:18 (Ref:2545711)   #14
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMUCarGuy View Post
Who cares if someone else beat you to the punch in creating a thread with helpful links for a race weekend on a car forum...
Yeah ..... I was going to post the thread 2 days ago ..... bloody glad I didnt now

Nice one Andy ..... the rest of appreciate it .
Old 22 Sep 2009, 10:12 (Ref:2545817)   #15
LC2guy
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
LC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I , as well as i am sure the vast majority of people on here, appreciate all that both Horndawg and andy b do to help us look forward to the weekends events. Thanks both of you, enjoy this weekend
Old 22 Sep 2009, 19:05 (Ref:2546185)   #16
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
85mi S. of Daytona, 125mi NE of Sebring
thebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Automobile Antics

Hopefuly the rains will go away, ere the LMP1 & 2 class could be replaced by Unlimited Hydroplanes and the GT class replaced by Motorized Skateboards.

Glub, glub, and glub.
Old 22 Sep 2009, 19:12 (Ref:2546193)   #17
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Entry list has been updated. Lou has made way for Tom Sutherland in the LG Riley Corvette
Old 22 Sep 2009, 19:13 (Ref:2546195)   #18
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
Has it ever rained at PLM? I certainly can't remember any race footage from the event where it was wet.
Old 22 Sep 2009, 19:51 (Ref:2546221)   #19
vogelmann4
Rookie

vogelmann4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I remember it at least being damp in 01 and it poured in 06 for the SWC GT race.

Any know if the Jag has arrived?
Old 22 Sep 2009, 20:33 (Ref:2546259)   #20
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vogelmann4 View Post
..... it poured in 06 for the SWC GT race.

Any know if the Jag has arrived?
That SWC GT race was madness in the Essess.

Well RSR is going to have their press conference in 2 days, so hopefully somebody is there. Plus ALMS test session tomorrow, so if they are planning on testing the car.....
Old 22 Sep 2009, 21:19 (Ref:2546289)   #21
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
woop - having barely being able to leave town since July I've found some cheap last minute flights over from the UK and am travelling tomorrow. Doing it alone and I've never driven in the US before so has anyone who's going to be at the circuit got any tips for a PLM (and indeed ALMS) virgin arriving Thursday afternoon?

Hoping to see (and, more importantly, hear) some of the stuff we don't get over in Europe so I hope RSR're able to make it.

Personally, I can see Acura having a real shot at this one, at least for the first few hours, and it'll be very telling as to their general improvement either way.
Old 22 Sep 2009, 22:16 (Ref:2546312)   #22
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
85mi S. of Daytona, 125mi NE of Sebring
thebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Automobile Antics

If you click HERE you will find my Road Atlanta page. Right click on the map image, copy and then paste it to your desktop for subsequent printing.

The "Home" link at the lower r/h corner of the map will take you to the official R.A. home page.

The track is probably similar but the page's content hasn't been updated for several years.

Have a good trip and don't forget to write.
Old 22 Sep 2009, 23:36 (Ref:2546329)   #23
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
woop - having barely being able to leave town since July I've found some cheap last minute flights over from the UK and am travelling tomorrow. Doing it alone and I've never driven in the US before so has anyone who's going to be at the circuit got any tips for a PLM (and indeed ALMS) virgin arriving Thursday afternoon?

Hoping to see (and, more importantly, hear) some of the stuff we don't get over in Europe so I hope RSR're able to make it.

Personally, I can see Acura having a real shot at this one, at least for the first few hours, and it'll be very telling as to their general improvement either way.
Driving hint, we drive on the 'wrong side' of the road from your perspective.

The track is doable walk around. I personally love the Turn Five mound because you can see up to the esses (technically down since they are lower), but there isn't a bad place at Road Atlanta to spectate!

ENJOY!
Old 23 Sep 2009, 01:19 (Ref:2546352)   #24
nasdriv87
Veteran

Brazil
Brazil
nasdriv87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
looks like motors tv will cover PLM 10h...

"American Le Mans Series fans in Europe also can get their fill of world-class sports car racing. MotorsTV also will broadcast the entirety of the event to its wide-ranging European audience."

http://www.americanlemans.com/index_news.php?n=13796
Old 23 Sep 2009, 02:28 (Ref:2546359)   #25
tlongman
Racer

United States
New Jersey
tlongman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
Doing it alone and I've never driven in the US before so has anyone who's going to be at the circuit got any tips for a PLM (and indeed ALMS) virgin arriving Thursday afternoon?

Hmm... drive on the right side of the road.
Closed Thread