Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 7 Jan 2017, 21:51 (Ref:3700870)   #1
ebby
Racer

United Kingdom
near Lydden, Kent
ebby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
World Rallycross R1 - Barcelona, Spain

Did anyone go to to the World Rallycross at the Circuit de Catalunya (Barcelona) last year? Thought we'd venture out there in April, really looking forward to it as it's Round 1 of Euro and World RX - booked flights and tickets and now looking for recommendations on where to stay and if there was anything on at the circuit on the Saturday evening? Any info much appreciated.
Old 9 Mar 2017, 16:09 (Ref:3717539)   #2
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Entry lists now online, World Supercars here...

http://media.rallycrossrx.com/docs/2...na%20(ESP).pdf

...Euros (Supercars and Touring Cars) here:

http://media.rallycrossrx.com/docs/2...na%20(ESP).pdf

21 World Supercars
32 Euro Supercars
11 Touring Cars
Old 9 Mar 2017, 16:57 (Ref:3717549)   #3
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
crossfades should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Feels so weird to see Henning in ERX and not WRX. The Beetle doesn't stand a chance in WRX but still.

Just realised there has not been a single Spaniard in Supercars during the years in Barcelona. I don't think there even has been a Spaniard in any class.
Old 9 Mar 2017, 17:05 (Ref:3717550)   #4
J.U.
Racer

Germany
Hamburg
J.U. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There was! Laia Sanz competed in RX Lites back in 2015. She is a good driver on two wheels, but she had no chance on four wheels.
Old 9 Mar 2017, 22:18 (Ref:3717606)   #5
ebby
Racer

United Kingdom
near Lydden, Kent
53 Supercars at one meeting, that has to be a record. Glad I've booked flights and a ticket!!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Old 10 Mar 2017, 08:56 (Ref:3717711)   #6
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Absolutely! Three weeks to go before the first rallycross fix of the year, can't wait...
Old 10 Mar 2017, 09:34 (Ref:3717715)   #7
pettersolberg29
Rookie

United Kingdom
UK, Kent
pettersolberg29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebby View Post
Did anyone go to to the World Rallycross at the Circuit de Catalunya (Barcelona) last year? Thought we'd venture out there in April, really looking forward to it as it's Round 1 of Euro and World RX - booked flights and tickets and now looking for recommendations on where to stay and if there was anything on at the circuit on the Saturday evening? Any info much appreciated.
I've been the last couple of years and love it. The atmosphere isn't that good as you sit a little way back (negatives of using an F1 track) however the viewing is superb - you can see 99% of the track from 90% of the seats which is ideal! Plus the weather is always great, and the view is nice too! The paddock isn't bad either, though a 5 min walk away.

I stay near Mollet Sant-Fost station in the ibis hotel - only a 10euro fare each way to be dropped off right outside. Not much on the Saturday night unless you know any of the teams and can lurk in their service area. I often use that time to pop into Barcelona for some food/drinks!
Old 29 Mar 2017, 14:57 (Ref:3722443)   #8
Silhuette
Racer

Silhuette should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So, are you guys playing FIA Fantasy Rallycross? I was thinking about which predictions to set.

- Solberg is a great driver, but the car is new and untested. I am rooting for him, but it's going to be interesting. I saw an interview with the VW development leader and he did not come across as very confident, particularly for a multiple WRC winning team.
- Ekström is fast and the car is proven. Plus for Audi Motorsport and the fact that he lets the team set up his car.
- Bakkerud is quick and aggressive, and the big Focus turned out to actually be competitive. Seems like Ford put a lot of effort into the car over the winter.

... But what about Peugeot? Anyone hear what they are doing?
Old 29 Mar 2017, 16:43 (Ref:3722463)   #9
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silhuette View Post
So, are you guys playing FIA Fantasy Rallycross? I was thinking about which predictions to set.

- Solberg is a great driver, but the car is new and untested. I am rooting for him, but it's going to be interesting. I saw an interview with the VW development leader and he did not come across as very confident, particularly for a multiple WRC winning team.
I'm rooting for Solberg as well, though the unproved car is a concern. VW Motorsport have a pretty solid track record when it comes to producing competition cars though, so I'd be more surprised if the car was rubbish than if it's really quick...

...I guess the biggest question mark for the Solberg/Polo combination is whether the car fits his driving style. The handful of clips of Petter from Buxtehude showed the car pretty sideways, so perhaps he has got his way with the setup!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silhuette View Post
... But what about Peugeot? Anyone hear what they are doing?
One of the articles I read online (sorry, can't remember which one!) suggested that Timmy Hansen and Loeb would be "new" 2017 cars, where Kevin Hansen would be in an upgraded 2016 car. I can't see that verified anywhere at the moment, though the sale of several Hansen 208's over the winter would support this theory.

If I had to put money on it, then I think Ekstrom or Bakkerud are the safest bet for a top podium spot.
Old 30 Mar 2017, 13:28 (Ref:3722603)   #10
Silhuette
Racer

Yes, I almost feel bad about it went with Ekström this time. Hoping I got it wrong
Old 31 Mar 2017, 13:52 (Ref:3722799)   #11
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
About the Peugeot;

"Every aspect of the car has been re-evaluated, but the major changes have taken place underneath the bonnet, with the introduction of a one-piece engine sump. The 208 WRX is now at the maximum permissable width, with revised bodywork that incorporates various new aerodynamic elements. Particularly close attention has naturally been paid to the suspension and dampers, as well."
Old 31 Mar 2017, 16:30 (Ref:3722823)   #12
Silhuette
Racer

Well, it would be great to see Peugeot back to form. It seemed like they were lacking a little speed towards the end of the season.

... but you'd think all the other teams did at least as much over the winter.
Old 31 Mar 2017, 19:39 (Ref:3722879)   #13
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!

So Peugeot now has also these wide and wild (and ugly) wheel arches.
Old 1 Apr 2017, 14:18 (Ref:3723027)   #14
CS1
Racer

CS1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
When is it on the TV in the UK?
Old 1 Apr 2017, 14:59 (Ref:3723035)   #15
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CS1 View Post
When is it on the TV in the UK?
Tomorrow 13:00.
Old 1 Apr 2017, 17:58 (Ref:3723097)   #16
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Heikkinen leading after Q2:

Old 1 Apr 2017, 19:28 (Ref:3723121)   #17
Barrie
Veteran

England
Colchester Essex
Barrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just watched the highlights. The drivers may like the circuit, I didn't.
Old 1 Apr 2017, 21:22 (Ref:3723152)   #18
Hickey
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
Hickey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting clip of Bakkerud expressing his utter contempt at the clerk's decision to give him a penalty (which from the replay looks very harsh to say the least). Suggesting that new people to the sport (presumably Loeb) are complaining without understanding the history (fair point) and that this isn't how he envisaged spending his career! If they're going to apply penalties , it needs to be consistent. Bakkerud himself was a victim of Solbergs bully boy tactics (once neefing him into a concrete wall. Neither punished (presumably) and both as bad as Bakkeruds move on Hansen. Poor start to the year for the stewards
Old 2 Apr 2017, 06:27 (Ref:3723185)   #19
rx4u
Rookie

UK-ROI
Portsmouth
rx4u should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I guess in 2018 all cars will have collision avoidance systems installed and in ase the systems fail, at the pre drivers meeting before each race arrange which lap you can lead and just how you are going to pass the lead onto the next whinger, but make sure one of the new boys is first over the line so they can just how good the car felt and thank there respective manufacturers. What a shower of s**te the Millionaires playground has become!
Old 2 Apr 2017, 07:55 (Ref:3723198)   #20
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
If a nudge like that on Hansen will be penalised then most drivers will be getting reduction in points this season. Like really, what do the stewards actually think? Non-contact racing is quite impossible in rallycross, unless of course they don't want drivers risking anything at all.

Pretty sure that many drivers will complain if nudges results in reprimands.
Old 2 Apr 2017, 08:40 (Ref:3723213)   #21
Silhuette
Racer

Where did you see the highlight reel? Link would be greatly appreciated

I had the impression Solberg and Ekström were fronting some initiative over the standard of driving and a need to have consistent marshaling during the winter. Hopefully, this is not the intended results of a reworking of the rules...

We might see the starts become even more of a deciding point of the races. Which tastes a lot of F1-style timed processions...

Last edited by Silhuette; 2 Apr 2017 at 08:58.
Old 2 Apr 2017, 09:01 (Ref:3723223)   #22
Silhuette
Racer

Q3 results:

1) Mattias Ekstrom
2) Timo Scheider
3) Andreas Bakkerud
4) Petter Solberg
5) Timmy Hansen
6) Johan Kristoffersson

Standings after Q3:

1) Timo Scheider - 122
2) Mattias Ekstrom - 119
3) Johan Kristoffersson - 115
4) Toomas Heikkinen - 114
5) Timmy Hansen - 111
6) Petter Solberg - 108

This is taking an interesting direction. Timo Scheider looks strong and a return to form by Timmy

Sent fra min SM-G900F via Tapatalk
Old 2 Apr 2017, 09:16 (Ref:3723227)   #23
ebby
Racer

United Kingdom
near Lydden, Kent
I have to say sat here in the Barcelona sunshine to any IMG haters this is an awesome spectacle and rallycross arena in my book. Would be good to understand where online the organisers are publishing any penalties or reprimands as the paddock is a fair old walk.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Old 2 Apr 2017, 10:03 (Ref:3723233)   #24
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
Bakkerud talks about the reprimand about 2:00 in, don't know exactly. Footage as well. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IarrqQVIvPY&t=0s

Some action from yesterday. Can't believe it is so slippery! Quite a wreckfest too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4aK...ature=youtu.be

Last edited by crossfades; 2 Apr 2017 at 10:12.
Old 2 Apr 2017, 12:59 (Ref:3723256)   #25
Hickey
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
Hickey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Also sat in the sunshine I agree with you Ebby. It's cracking here. Great track too but with two small tweaks it would be better to overtake, there are two small kinks, one in the first dirt and one onto the second. Kinks have the effect of ensuring there is only one racing line. These should be removed to enable two abreast racing in more spots. Can't see it happening

Cracking from the Brits and Irish so far! Bring on the semis. And suncream