Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 2 Sep 2013, 19:04 (Ref:3297976)   #51
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
http://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo...re-kilometers/

That is sure to crash my already ailing PS3...
Old 3 Sep 2013, 14:11 (Ref:3298343)   #52
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jesus. I had no idea about that!
Old 3 Sep 2013, 17:39 (Ref:3298414)   #53
adam46
Racer

United Kingdom
Isle Of Wight, UK.
adam46 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridadam46 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
http://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo...re-kilometers/

That is sure to crash my already ailing PS3...
I still think this is all just translation issues. I don't see the PS3 managing it.

It only matters if it has a motor...
Old 3 Sep 2013, 21:21 (Ref:3298514)   #54
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam46 View Post
I still think this is all just translation issues. I don't see the PS3 managing it.
I don't see my PC handling it.
Old 4 Sep 2013, 17:23 (Ref:3298964)   #55
apri
Rookie

United Kingdom
apri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam46 View Post
10 Times the Nordschleife? That's INSANE!
Old 19 Sep 2013, 01:16 (Ref:3305964)   #56
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Two "Top Secret" Australian locations to be featured in GT6, GTPlanet reports...

http://www.gtplanet.net/two-top-secr...coming-to-gt6/
Old 19 Sep 2013, 01:17 (Ref:3305965)   #57
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Give me Phillip Island over Albert Park please!
Old 19 Sep 2013, 01:33 (Ref:3305970)   #58
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Give me Phillip Island over Albert Park please!
Well given that Mount Panorama is essentially confirmed, it is very possible we can have all three since Bathurst isn't exactly "top secret" anymore...

I love watching Kaz backpedalling!
Old 19 Sep 2013, 07:02 (Ref:3306033)   #59
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I personally would love to see him

Mix better car sounds as the ones right now are possibly the worst ever included in ANY GAME EVER
Use more manufacturers instead of selfishly relying on Japanese
Come up with some better tracks
Stop using endurance races to pan out your game
Make all cars premium not just a few
Stop releasing a patched version of GT5 and design a new game, you have more money than God you silly little man
Old 23 Sep 2013, 17:22 (Ref:3308251)   #60
apri
Rookie

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
I personally would love to see him

Mix better car sounds as the ones right now are possibly the worst ever included in ANY GAME EVER
Use more manufacturers instead of selfishly relying on Japanese
Come up with some better tracks
Stop using endurance races to pan out your game
Make all cars premium not just a few
Stop releasing a patched version of GT5 and design a new game, you have more money than God you silly little man
I actually like endurance races... I don't know why.
Old 23 Sep 2013, 23:09 (Ref:3308429)   #61
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Quote:
you have more money than God you silly little man

God has no money - but that's just semantics.
Old 24 Sep 2013, 13:10 (Ref:3308748)   #62
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by apri View Post
I actually like endurance races... I don't know why.
Same here. One should have to do some serious work as to finally get to the best goodies. If one doesn't like endurance, go buy oneself an F1 game or WRC game.

Overall I think the GT concept is good. Loads of great cars and loads of great tracks(allthough there's allways room for more...).
But when it's released, I'll wait before buying to hear about the enginesounds.
If still as bad as all previous versions, I won't spend my money on it...
Old 24 Sep 2013, 18:00 (Ref:3308834)   #63
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
There is a lot right with GT5

But the things that are wrong are so simple to fix, It is what makes them annoying, you put a turbo on a Subaru and suddenly it sounds like a BMW.

You fit a NA tune onto a Lamborghini and it suddenly sounds like a Cortina! Absolutely pathetic.

As for endurance, its not endurance is it, it's 15 cars going round the same track and you in something miles faster! Its the developer having a "you are not going to finish this game, and if you do you will be a prat if you do" moment

There is no place for 2 24 hour races in any racing game let alone one, there never has been anywhere else, its only this up himself cretin that thinks so.
Old 24 Sep 2013, 23:40 (Ref:3308988)   #64
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
There is no place for 2 24 hour races in any racing game let alone one, there never has been anywhere else, its only this up himself cretin that thinks so.
You don't have to do them? They are the final events in the whole game, so your completely free to take them or leave them. The rewards for each event are easily obtained elsewhere. The races now allow you to save your progress at the end of each stint, so I don't really see it being a problem? The night-day cycle in real-time is pretty cool, so its a good way to showcase that. Some of Simbin's games have had 24 hour races too.
Old 25 Sep 2013, 00:18 (Ref:3308991)   #65
Flat12-Aircool
Veteran

United Kingdom
Stoke-on-Trent (The Potteries)
Flat12-Aircool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFlat12-Aircool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"KAZ the Movie" trailer...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdoINDwC524

Comparing him to Ferdinand Magellan is a bit much in my opinion, but I get the point the directors trying to make.
Old 25 Sep 2013, 23:59 (Ref:3309407)   #66
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:

There is no place for 2 24 hour races in any racing game let alone one, there never has been anywhere else
I agree as long as that is your personal opinion. As an avid endurance fan, I loved the fact that there are two of the best 24 hour venues in the game.
O.K., the competition could've been a bit more realistic but then again, I understand the player needs a healthy edge over the computer. It is a 24 race, something most players won't want to do more then once, maybe two times to win.
Old 26 Sep 2013, 11:57 (Ref:3309570)   #67
apri
Rookie

United Kingdom
One of the main things I hope for is changing how LONG an online race is, as in like having a race finish after 2 hours, like the Tsukuba 9 hour.
Old 26 Sep 2013, 13:04 (Ref:3309593)   #68
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
One thing they need to sort out is the simple bone-headedness of the B spec drivers - none of mine can make it around Monaco for more than a couple of laps without buggering up the chicane at the exit of the tunnel or the final corner.
Old 26 Sep 2013, 17:27 (Ref:3309685)   #69
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
One thing they need to sort out is the simple bone-headedness of the B spec drivers - none of mine can make it around Monaco for more than a couple of laps without buggering up the chicane at the exit of the tunnel or the final corner.
I finally managed my "cool" level 40 driver to actually win at Monaco... I was very proud of my "Bob".
Old 26 Sep 2013, 18:56 (Ref:3309724)   #70
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
In all honesty the whole idea of sitting there and letting a AI bot drive a car in a game you bought for you is staggering in my mind, and shows a complete alck of understanding of the maket!

How many other sims try and con the buyer into buying a sim then ask them to sit and direct an AI bot! Its bonkers!
Old 27 Sep 2013, 18:57 (Ref:3310182)   #71
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Quote:
In all honesty the whole idea of sitting there and letting a AI bot drive a car in a game you bought for you is staggering in my mind, and shows a complete alck of understanding of the maket!

How many other sims try and con the buyer into buying a sim then ask them to sit and direct an AI bot! Its bonkers!
I quite enjoy B-Spec. It comes in very handy when trying to get a baseline for homologation purposes if you are creating a league.
Old 29 Sep 2013, 12:45 (Ref:3310686)   #72
apri
Rookie

United Kingdom
I find people who do more B spec then A spec lazy :P
Old 3 Oct 2013, 05:54 (Ref:3312112)   #73
beau1
Veteran

Wales
Swansea,Wales
beau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think B-Spec is a great idea in principle but on GT 5 the implementation was absolutely dismal.

What GT needs to do is work on its driver progression without giving us a story or career mode; we don't need that but we do need to feel as if we are actually achieving something and have some sort of attachment to our drivers.

The idea of B-Spec is great because it allows the racing equivalent of FIFA and Football Manager in one package. The problem is that GT is so sterile that we get faceless drivers who we don't care for. Even worse, in B-Spec itself there are limited options and little feedback on how our driver is doing apart from a few fairly meaningless on screen bars. One of the best ways to re-invent B-Spec is by allowing the player to take direct control of the car just so the whole thing isn't so monotonous. Of course, this should be limited to maybe 50% of the entire race distance but it would allow the player greater immersion and would also let the feature seem a bit more attractive than purely a running demo.
Old 3 Oct 2013, 08:40 (Ref:3312176)   #74
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by beau1 View Post
I think B-Spec is a great idea in principle but on GT 5 the implementation was absolutely dismal.
Fully agreed! B-Spec in GT4 was pretty handy; start an endurance race, put it on x3 speed, go off and do other stuff, come back a few hours later and you had more money in the bank. My biggest grievance with the early GT games was having to grind away at the same races to get enough money to buy the cars you want so, for those of us not able to commit hundreds of hours to the same races, B-Spec gave you an alternate.

B-Spec in GT5 requires you to babysit the driver throughout the race. You need to be sitting there the whole time and that just defeats the point (to me anyway). As has been said, I guess that the point of this was to turn the B-Spec into more of a "Racing Manager" game, but I personally don't see any fun in that. If I'm having to sit there and watch the race in real time, I'd rather just switch to A-Spec and race it myself!

With regards to other stuff in GT6 I really hope that they drop the "premium" and "standard" cars, and just go all "premium". I personally would rather have 300 premium cars in game than a 1000 premium/standard, where more than half of them are blocky, PS2-era, models.
Old 3 Oct 2013, 09:14 (Ref:3312188)   #75
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
I do find it amazing that at shows and the like Polyphony push this insane GT academy rubbish as meaning the game is reaslitic! To be honest to even get within a second of the top guys doing that you need to basically live your life playing the game, as some of the times set by them are simply unreachable.

But I do think if you put a guy like Ordonez with no experience and a guy who can play race games to any level into a car and asked them to get to a level, they would be able to do it

The Academy thing is a great marketing exercise for Nissan and Sony but in reality if you spent that much money on any guy with a half decent idea of how to get a car round a track they would be able to achieve the same.

The GT series is really only 3 games, the PS1/2/3 versions, everything else is just a patch, hence the standard cars, Bspec mode, same tracks etc.

The sheer fact you can still play it with a joypad proves it is not realistic, as I shudder to think how you would get on playing Iracing with a pad!

B SPec for me is a farce, if you need to pad out a game with a mode like that (which they don't as there is more than enough to do online) then questions need to be asked.

The issue with GT games is there is little else to compete, I personally think the best driving games on PS3 are the last two Dirt games, great fun, huge variety, polished presentation, novelty and a superb and quick online experience, something very lacking in GT5

One or two of the WRC games are also pretty good, 3 being superb in my eyes. But was easy to finish sadly.