Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 23 Jul 2010, 17:18 (Ref:2731305)   #201
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think it's significant that someone affiliated with Pescarolo Sport was present at the latest working group meeting on the 2011 regulations (fide Mulsanne's Corner).

I'm going to abstain from wild speculation about Bentley's tease!
Old 23 Jul 2010, 17:47 (Ref:2731328)   #202
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Subject to Monsieur Bentleys "tease" it would'nt have anything to do with a certain french manufacturer now would it?
Old 23 Jul 2010, 18:07 (Ref:2731336)   #203
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Bentley is talking about the Genii/Gravity - Renault link with Pescarolo?
Old 23 Jul 2010, 21:15 (Ref:2731456)   #204
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I did say an 'extraordinary' rumour. I wouldn't consider an association between Henri and Genii/Gravity/Renault to be particularly extraordinary.
Old 23 Jul 2010, 21:22 (Ref:2731461)   #205
LeMans.pt
Veteran

Portugal
London, UK
LeMans.pt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
I did say an 'extraordinary' rumour. I wouldn't consider an association between Henri and Genii/Gravity/Renault to be particularly extraordinary.
i've heard the same thing at the le mans paddock, but frankly... i have my doubts. That rumour started when Genii and Sora were negotiating Pescarolo Sport actives, but if it comes true, do not believe that Renault will come along.
Old 23 Jul 2010, 21:25 (Ref:2731466)   #206
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

EE would be 'extraordinary'.

L.P.
Old 23 Jul 2010, 22:43 (Ref:2731513)   #207
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Bentley is talking about the Genii/Gravity - Renault link with Pescarolo?
By my powers of deduction and with the fact Renault have been present at recent ACO rules meetings, I would say it's not beyond the realms of possibility. It would certainly be logical up to a point with all of Henri's experience and nouse as a team manager/boss.

I could go left wing and suggest Henri running a GT operation in the near future or even a one make series for the Le Mans School cars, the cars of which Henri was building just before the collapse of Pescarolo Sport itself.
Old 24 Jul 2010, 18:05 (Ref:2731765)   #208
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Something even more left-field, potentially: Lotus have been planning to rebuild strong ties with all manners of motorsport, and a LMP project was rumoured. I know it sounds crazy, but could monsieur Pescarolo have something to do with it, if they're looking for the most experienced person possible and available to run it?
Old 24 Jul 2010, 20:49 (Ref:2731906)   #209
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk View Post
I'm going to abstain from wild speculation about Bentley's tease!
Very wise mate!

Nobody's got even remotely close in their guesswork.............
Old 25 Jul 2010, 15:25 (Ref:2732441)   #210
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Very wise mate!

Bentley you should be banned for your tease! .

I'm going to guess on a Toyota/Dome Henri deal .
A Toyota car run with Henri's expertise could go VERY far!
Old 25 Jul 2010, 18:24 (Ref:2732657)   #211
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Very wise mate!

It's got to be a Dacia LMP1 Diesel

Ciao Marco
Old 25 Jul 2010, 18:57 (Ref:2732688)   #212
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Maybe someone is going to resurrect Matra?

DK
Old 25 Jul 2010, 19:31 (Ref:2732717)   #213
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani Filth View Post
It's got to be a Dacia LMP1 Diesel
Arh!, maybe rather wood burning steam engine!? .

On a serious side.
Nissan!?
Nissan and Renault work VERY close (i do not believe they are the same company.. yet)
Old 25 Jul 2010, 20:30 (Ref:2732784)   #214
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Nissan is owned by Renault .. just like Dacia ..

Ciao Marco
Old 25 Jul 2010, 21:40 (Ref:2732860)   #215
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
The Pescarolos in their last years really looked like Matras in their colour scheme. I'd be delighted to see the name come back, and know that isn't going to happen.

Dacia? Why not? There's enough bad sentiment floating around racing these days and to see a new brand having a go would be wonderful - that said, I'd chalk this up as being less likely than there being a resurrection of Matra.
Old 27 Jul 2010, 16:59 (Ref:2734061)   #216
Félix
Veteran

MagnetON
Québec
Félix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFélix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wanna know wanna know wanna know. New money with the Matra name sounds likely, but the cars could barely be upgrades of the 2001-sourced Courages.

More out there would be surprise tie-ups with Audi, Toyota or Porsche. Either way, I can't wait to know!
Old 27 Jul 2010, 18:15 (Ref:2734108)   #217
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
The big clue, wether Bentley wishes to divulge or not is if it's a link up with a manufacturer for Henri. Either way Pescarolo being back in sportscar racing is a good thing, especially after the quite frankly sh!t time Henri and his boys and girls have had since the SORA takeover. As Henri said. A decades work was undone in little over a month, I hope to see Henri back on the grid ASAP as I'm sure many others do.

Off topic slightly, but does anyone have a link to the TV coverage when the Pescarolo stormed through the field at Silverstone in 2009? I still have'nt seen it and have'nt found any coverage.
Old 27 Jul 2010, 18:26 (Ref:2734113)   #218
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj choc ice View Post
The big clue, wether Bentley wishes to divulge or not is if it's a link up with a manufacturer for Henri. Either way Pescarolo being back in sportscar racing is a good thing, especially after the quite frankly sh!t time Henri and his boys and girls have had since the SORA takeover. As Henri said. A decades work was undone in little over a month, I hope to see Henri back on the grid ASAP as I'm sure many others do.

Off topic slightly, but does anyone have a link to the TV coverage when the Pescarolo stormed through the field at Silverstone in 2009? I still have'nt seen it and have'nt found any coverage.

In here.

L.P.
Old 27 Jul 2010, 18:50 (Ref:2734121)   #219
Slipknot
Rookie

United States
Texas
Slipknot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani Filth View Post
Nissan is owned by Renault .. just like Dacia ..
As far as I know Renault owns 44% of Nissan, while Nissan owns 15% of Renault. Not sure if this is still true.
Old 25 Aug 2010, 20:47 (Ref:2750209)   #220
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Bentley, i think you ow us an answer soon
Old 27 Aug 2010, 07:15 (Ref:2750930)   #221
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
I wonder if it is to do with hindy's rumour of a link between a well known LMP team and a GT team??
Old 27 Aug 2010, 08:53 (Ref:2750960)   #222
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
I wonder if it is to do with hindy's rumour of a link between a well known LMP team and a GT team??
I didn't hear that one, but my first thought would be LAA and Oak........just a shot in the dark there.
Old 27 Aug 2010, 12:39 (Ref:2751046)   #223
pablocomics
Racer

Spain
Madrid
pablocomics should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nothing more extraordinary (and almost impossible) than Pescarolo leading a Ferrari LMP team

Most likely, it should be a transition with an affordable LMP2 or a GT team and working on something better in the future (works lmp1 in 2012 or 2013).
Old 27 Aug 2010, 20:22 (Ref:2751211)   #224
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Joining the foreign enemy and win Le Mans, the ultimate revenge!.
Old 27 Aug 2010, 20:33 (Ref:2751214)   #225
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Henri managing a pair of Hankook shod, Ferrari powered, Rileys from the stable of Farnbacher.

L.P.