Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 10 Nov 2003, 09:20 (Ref:778584)   #1
jadlamracing
Rookie

jadlamracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
FF1600 Engine failures?

Whats the problem with the engines?.If i read the reports,Daly.Rivett and Misters all swapping engines.
Old 10 Nov 2003, 09:22 (Ref:778587)   #2
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
End of season syndrome?
Old 10 Nov 2003, 10:28 (Ref:778661)   #3
RMR
Veteran

England
Surrey
RMR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i missed a gear the lap before, maybe bent a valve then it let go the next lap. either that or was too lean in the cold air. think matts may of gone as earlier in the race he ran wide to give gavin some room and launched over the curb at becketts, i remember neil bold telling me this can damage a crank via the flywheel hitting the curb? dunno if true but may not of helped. Think peter was running his spare as neil has his 1st choice one. looks like neils going to busy as there all bolds.... better to go last race than first next year on the bright side.
Old 10 Nov 2003, 12:57 (Ref:778761)   #4
jadlamracing
Rookie

jadlamracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Richard. spend £60 on a rev limiter for next year.
Old 10 Nov 2003, 13:57 (Ref:778842)   #5
DALY
Racer

DALY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
my engine was mileage. I sent my best engine to Neil in August to get back and use for the festival. It was not ready for the festival and I understand it is still in bits now due to block machining problems.
We had to run a high mileage engine for Brands and then at Mallory, combined mileage of about 250 more than we wanted.

At Silverstone it just let go...looks like the crank. the block has two holes in it and I guess the inners are not even worth their weight in scrap. I don't recall any impacts, high kerbs etc, possible a couple of over revs early in teh season but nothing too harsh.

I have to say thanks to Ken Bowes at Silverstone, John Loebel at Medina for trying to get me a new engine quickly. It was Nick who saved my weekend by lending me his, a difficult decision I know. Many thanks Nick.
Old 10 Nov 2003, 20:31 (Ref:779159)   #6
Barry Pomfret
Racer

Barry Pomfret should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
John Millers also had an oil leak from the large hole in the side of the block! His was due to selecting the wrong gear brought about by a wayward gear linkage.
Old 11 Nov 2003, 08:14 (Ref:779560)   #7
JohnMiller
Veteran

JohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks Barry. Possibly I shouldnt have 'fixed' it with 'Meccano' back in August.