Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 20 May 2002, 18:02 (Ref:290667)   #1
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The Snetterton Classic

Well it’s five and a bit, weeks away but this is the proposed line-up for the Snetterton Classic.

BARC/CSCC Classics and Historics

BARC/CSCC Post Historic Touring Cars

BARC/CSCC Classic Group 1 Touring Cars

BARC/CSCCCC Classic Thunder

BARC/CECCCC Pre 90 Touring Cars

Classic Clubmans

URS Formula Ford 2000

BRSCC/BARC Classic Formula Ford 1600

Porsche Classic Championship

Thoroughbred Sportscars

Ethyl BCV8s

CSCC 1 hour, 2 driver race.

Twelve races over two days, looks like a good weekend. Better book a room nearby methinks.
Old 20 May 2002, 18:29 (Ref:290699)   #2
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Does your schedule look like it's going to let you race, Pete?
Old 20 May 2002, 19:08 (Ref:290728)   #3
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Don't know at the 'mo. I've spoken to my second driver for the 1-hour race and he's up for it so I hope we can make it.
Old 20 May 2002, 20:31 (Ref:290807)   #4
Stacy
Veteran

Australia
Stacy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStacy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: The Snetterton Classic

Quote:
Originally posted by Peter Mallett
Well it’s five and a bit, weeks away but this is the proposed line-up for the Snetterton Classic.
Do you know what races are on which days ?

I'd be tempted to do the 1hr race or Pre-90's, dependant on timing and whether CT cars are allowed in the 1hr meeting - not sure if that's been decided again yet.

Stacy.
Old 20 May 2002, 23:32 (Ref:290948)   #5
Steve Higgs
Rookie

Steve Higgs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am planning on the G1 race. Maybe the Pre90 race, even the 1 hour, if I can find a second driver
Old 21 May 2002, 06:30 (Ref:291126)   #6
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Stacy,

Don't know the running order but the regs say that only cars entered (or possibly eligible) for races 1 to 5 on the list can enter the 1 hr race. Those five include CT.
Old 21 May 2002, 10:29 (Ref:291258)   #7
Slowcoach
Racer

Slowcoach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Stacy, I have just double checked with BARC and can confirm Peter's comments that CT are eligable, for my part I am considering entering although my co driver is away so I may just do it on my own - depends really the CT cars do tend to be a little brittle (a sweeping generalisation I know) but we seldom get all the cars that start practice on the actual grid let alone finish the race - as evidenced at BH - and we're talking 15 mins not 60 ! So I doubt that many CT cars will enter so don't let us put you off

Last edited by Slowcoach; 21 May 2002 at 10:29.
Old 21 May 2002, 12:05 (Ref:291369)   #8
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
I would expect the CT cars to be a bit thirstier than group ones, PHTC etc, so they may not have the tankage anyway.
Old 21 May 2002, 12:41 (Ref:291396)   #9
Slowcoach
Racer

You have a valid point there Mr. M. we reckon about a litre a lap somewhere like Brands - don't know how that compares with you, but we thought we should investigate the Rover's ability to hold it's liquor so we pumped it out and lined up three 20 litre cans....having put them in and everything else in the workshop we gave up and went round to the petrol station to top up - anyway I was pleasantly suprised, nay, shocked as we finally racked up 125 litres - Spa here we come.... but you are right some of the others could well have trouble at Snetterton with that.
Old 21 May 2002, 12:53 (Ref:291416)   #10
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Hmm, interesting. I got just under a litre per lap so not much difference there then.

you going to make Spa this year? Should we start another threat? I mean thread?
Old 21 May 2002, 12:55 (Ref:291423)   #11
Tony Harman
Veteran

Tony Harman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kicked it off already then Pete.
As Brands it will be 2 one day events, as it were, Clubmans are only out on the Sunday. Don't know about the rest.
Quote:
originally posted by Steve Higgs
I am planning on the G1 race. Maybe the Pre90 race, even the 1 hour, if I can find a second driver
Well if you're asking Steve..........
would quite like a drive in one of them thar muscle tin tops, if you would trust a spindle driver of course...
Old 21 May 2002, 12:58 (Ref:291432)   #12
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Is that what the BARC have said? Practice and racing both days?
Old 21 May 2002, 13:20 (Ref:291463)   #13
josvandeperre
Veteran

England
Central London
josvandeperre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have a feeling Mr Stephens suggested in a recent club magazine that most of the CSCC saloons would be Saturday only altho the regs have no mention of practise Sunday for everyone else - 12 practise & 6 races on the Saturday does not seem realistic however - no doubt as usual we'll find out with final regs with only just enough time to sort out logistics & accomodation....
Old 21 May 2002, 13:38 (Ref:291494)   #14
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
The fair and lovely Claire Nixon tells me that the plan is as follows:

Group 1 Championship race. Practice and race on the Saturday.

1-hour two driver race. Practice and race on the Sunday.
Old 21 May 2002, 13:46 (Ref:291511)   #15
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Just thought.

That buggers my plans for using the practices to improve/change the car for the Group 1 race!!!
Old 21 May 2002, 14:00 (Ref:291527)   #16
josvandeperre
Veteran

England
Central London
josvandeperre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why not consider entering pre 90 as that will if nothing else give you an excuse to phone the fair and lovely ms nixon to see which day its on !

And then you can tell us
Old 21 May 2002, 14:06 (Ref:291534)   #17
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
All CSCC races are on Saturday except the 1-hour 2 driver race.

But it is a thought.

Last edited by Peter Mallett; 21 May 2002 at 14:07.
Old 21 May 2002, 15:15 (Ref:291595)   #18
Slowcoach
Racer

Ahhhh Spa......just a dream whilst I still have my novice's cross, but, fingers crossed a couple more races and 'twill be gone. i think this September might be a year too soon, but ultimately it is the plan.
Personally I think the practice/race same day idea is excellent - it means for those further flung events less overnight stays and less time twiddling thumbs, or in my case I suppose that is valid repair time lost. Leaves me in a dilemma now though, shall I go back for the one hour race on Sunday....hmmmm.....and I was thinking of the same Peter, the extra practice was to be used for changes for the CT race!
Old 21 May 2002, 15:20 (Ref:291601)   #19
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Dear Mr less-than-speedy-charabang.

May I recommend to you a trip to Spa even if you do think its too early. The earlier the better should be your motto.

Really, if you get rid of the evil cross then make a point of going. You'll love it.
Old 21 May 2002, 15:36 (Ref:291614)   #20
Tony Harman
Veteran

Tony Harman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll second Peter's sentiments on Spa ! However with the Clubmans car I haven't found a way of running there yet. The HSCC do a meeting to include the Derek Bell Trophy but apparently exclude Clubmans from that one !
Old 21 May 2002, 18:54 (Ref:291772)   #21
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
I wasn't there in 2001 but in 2000 there were Clubmans.
Old 21 May 2002, 19:08 (Ref:291789)   #22
Stacy
Veteran

Australia
Stacy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStacy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Slowcoach
Stacy, I have just double checked with BARC and can confirm Peter's comments that CT are eligable,
Ah well, thanks for the info.

Don't fancy it I'm afraid, we all do it for different reasons, and I'd only cost up the mods, and put that sort of mileage on the engine and brakes with a chance of being competitive.

Shame about Pre-90's, if they were on Sunday I'd do a race a day, but it'll be too much hassle to do both on one day. I may do a late entry if the final instructions have Pre-90 after the Group 1 race though.

Stacy.
Old 21 May 2002, 19:35 (Ref:291815)   #23
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Fair comment Stacy. I, on the other hand, don't have that many opportunities so if I can do the three I will.
Old 21 May 2002, 19:56 (Ref:291833)   #24
Stacy
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally posted by Peter Mallett
Fair comment Stacy. I, on the other hand, don't have that many opportunities so if I can do the three I will.
I know what you mean, and if you're sure you have enough reliability it makes sense.

I'd also like to take advantage of the gap between now and Snett developing the RX7 and finding more speed. We've got plenty of things to work out and try. That's my focus at the moment rather than just miles.

If the Jag was ready I'd consider it though, or if I could find someone else who wanted to share. Will's Golf has too small a tank, and too small a seat for my big fat arse - probably by design!

Stacy.
Old 22 May 2002, 06:27 (Ref:292178)   #25
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
I suspect the only thing that will affect reliability is if the daft proceedings after the G1 race at Brands has had an effect on my engine's internals. I'm still seriously p!55ed off with being kept waiting all that time just so they can give out log books.