Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 19 Feb 2017, 23:04 (Ref:3713229)   #26
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
https://goo.gl/photos/jby9CvjcyXYBVvFS6

Link to album.
Old 20 Feb 2017, 10:06 (Ref:3713321)   #27
rdchawk
Rookie

England
Hertfordshire
rdchawk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Enjoyed marshalling my 1st Pom down at Chapel, Couldnt see the ends of our coverage in the morning due to the fog, but cleared during the day for some good track action.
Old 20 Feb 2017, 10:15 (Ref:3713327)   #28
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Who was driving that lovely early Ferrari and would he/she like to race it, I wonder?
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!
Old 20 Feb 2017, 11:22 (Ref:3713350)   #29
rdchawk
Rookie

England
Hertfordshire
rdchawk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
Who was driving that lovely early Ferrari and would he/she like to race it, I wonder?
Only 1 I can see on an entrant list is:

Nick TAYLOR
FERRARI MONDAIL T
Old 20 Feb 2017, 11:34 (Ref:3713354)   #30
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
That is Dan Ghose in his 212 2.7 litre 1953, he is there every year, and must be a VSCC member so someone must know him.
Old 20 Feb 2017, 11:40 (Ref:3713357)   #31
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Many Thanks, Bob
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!
Old 20 Feb 2017, 12:24 (Ref:3713367)   #32
Brian A
Racer

England
Sunny West Sussex
Brian A should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
That is Dan Ghose in his 212 2.7 litre 1953, he is there every year, and must be a VSCC member so someone must know him.

He is listed in the most recent VSCC Members List - however John, his address is in the USA so I guess his opportunity for UK racing will be limited.

Last edited by Brian A; 20 Feb 2017 at 12:24. Reason: Spelling
Old 20 Feb 2017, 12:59 (Ref:3713373)   #33
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Think he may be the man who raced a slow 356 at LMC and lives in London/CI but a US National.
Makes sense to live in Trump free area!
Old 22 Feb 2017, 20:37 (Ref:3714093)   #34
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Results http://www.vscc.co.uk/vsccMedia/20782.pdf
Old 24 Mar 2017, 13:07 (Ref:3721155)   #35
boggissimo
Rookie

United Kingdom
Kent
boggissimo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bah, I was the top-placed 'modern' in my 2005 Impreza wagon but there are hardly any photos of me on track, certainly none in any of the links in this thread

It was a great day out, and brilliant to get to lap on the GP circuit. Looking forward to next year already :-)
Old 24 Mar 2017, 13:16 (Ref:3721159)   #36
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by boggissimo View Post
Bah, I was the top-placed 'modern' in my 2005 Impreza wagon but there are hardly any photos of me on track, certainly none in any of the links in this thread

It was a great day out, and brilliant to get to lap on the GP circuit. Looking forward to next year already :-)
Have you tired the VSCC website - they have a gallery of images from various photographers (link below) so you may find something there or via the named photographers websites directly. Some of them are okay.

http://www.vscc.co.uk/page/events?eventID=1098
Old 24 Mar 2017, 13:27 (Ref:3721166)   #37
relativtortoise
Racer

relativtortoise should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by boggissimo View Post

Is a 1986 Vauxhall Nova a 'classic' now?
Old 24 Mar 2017, 14:48 (Ref:3721197)   #38
boggissimo
Rookie

United Kingdom
Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary396 View Post
Have you tired the VSCC website - they have a gallery of images from various photographers (link below) so you may find something there or via the named photographers websites directly. Some of them are okay.

http://www.vscc.co.uk/page/events?eventID=1098
Yep, you can see me in the background of a few, but this is the only one where I'm really visible:

I've since found a couple on SBK Motorsport Photography.
http://sbkmotorsport.com/p310409551/e83d02405
http://sbkmotorsport.com/p310409551/e83cfd007
Old 27 Mar 2017, 08:27 (Ref:3721787)   #39
bauble
Veteran

England
Boggie, I have reviewed my pictures from the event, and there is no sign of your Impreza, no surprise as I rarely take pics of Jap cars.

If you want your picture took (Tommy Steele) it is a good idea to mention your participation on the forum before hand, as there are number of photographers who would see it and probably oblige. Even me.

Are you planning any other outings this year?

Cheers,

Bauble.
Old 28 Mar 2017, 14:05 (Ref:3722172)   #40
boggissimo
Rookie

United Kingdom
Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Boggie, I have reviewed my pictures from the event, and there is no sign of your Impreza, no surprise as I rarely take pics of Jap cars.

If you want your picture took (Tommy Steele) it is a good idea to mention your participation on the forum before hand, as there are number of photographers who would see it and probably oblige. Even me.

Are you planning any other outings this year?

Cheers,

Bauble.
Yep, I'm doing the VSCC Brooklands Sprint VSCC in June as a double drive with my Dad, in his MG J2. Also doing the Lands End Trial (as navigator) - in a Suzuki X-90, so don't expect many pics of that