Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 27 Dec 2012, 07:45 (Ref:3182149)   #1
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Last call for Ace brunch......

With apologies for starting a separate thread- at moment I suspect only 3 confirmed for meeting up at the Cafe tomorrow 28th 1100 onwards. That is Claire, Compte and your truly. A very select bunch, it has to be said, but any more takers? It's a long haul to find Claire's Beemer has expired and Compte is being held by Customs at Dover......

Old 27 Dec 2012, 08:57 (Ref:3182162)   #2
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
well, I have BT doing an Infinity upgrade in the morning, if they turn up and finish on time then Jackie and I are coming up, I'd say it's a good even money bet. Max is being a wuss but I'll try to persuade him....
Old 27 Dec 2012, 11:19 (Ref:3182183)   #3
alfaracer156
Rookie

Ireland
Royston,Herts
alfaracer156 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ace

I plan to be there.Mike Watson
Old 27 Dec 2012, 11:34 (Ref:3182184)   #4
Kevin Cooke
Rookie

United Kingdom
London SW1
Kevin Cooke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sounds better than sales shopping with the wife....

Regards

Kevin
Old 27 Dec 2012, 11:52 (Ref:3182187)   #5
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry Mike, laid low with man flu. You wouldn't want me there, believe me.
Old 27 Dec 2012, 12:16 (Ref:3182189)   #6
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin McKay View Post
Sorry Mike, laid low with man flu. You wouldn't want me there, believe me.
Hmmmm, not sure man flu is an accepted excuse. We could put you in far corner and communicate by text.......

Look forward to meeting those that are taking the opportunity to boost their fat and carb intake! (healthy options are probably available...) Usually congregate at a table near the bikes.

Was hoping to drive down in recent eBay purchase but with amount of water about and forecast for more will use something modern-ish and expendable!

Old 27 Dec 2012, 12:46 (Ref:3182194)   #7
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Do tell
Old 27 Dec 2012, 12:53 (Ref:3182195)   #8
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin McKay View Post
Do tell
No, you're ill.....

(Guards Red, old enough for classic insurance.....)
Old 27 Dec 2012, 13:40 (Ref:3182203)   #9
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
924/S/944?

Don't think I can make it, I have an appointment in Oxford at 11:30 and you know how good the NHS is at keeping to time
Old 27 Dec 2012, 14:32 (Ref:3182215)   #10
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
If I can finish work in time, trouble is that I'll have to come from Bow which will be a nightmare round the north circ.
Old 27 Dec 2012, 14:37 (Ref:3182217)   #11
Kevin Cooke
Rookie

United Kingdom
London SW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Guards Red, old enough for classic insurance....
Go on, if you do I'll bring my GT3 and leave the oil burner Cayenne at home.....

Regards

Kevin
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG00001 small.jpg (243.3 KB, 29 views)
Old 27 Dec 2012, 14:40 (Ref:3182220)   #12
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
If I can finish work in time, trouble is that I'll have to come from Bow which will be a nightmare round the north circ.
We'll save you a seat Tim.

Max, not telling you as you can't make the Ace. If your appointment is 1130 you could probably have a leisurely brunch, easy drive back and still be there by 3pm- just in time......
Old 27 Dec 2012, 14:46 (Ref:3182223)   #13
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
No, you're ill.....

(Guards Red, old enough for classic insurance.....)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-43-DETAI...item3ccd0c6e99

Old 27 Dec 2012, 14:49 (Ref:3182224)   #14
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Cooke View Post
Go on, if you do I'll bring my GT3 and leave the oil burner Cayenne at home.....

Regards

Kevin

Kevin, the value of my 3 porkers added could possibly buy your wheels.....

But feel free to arrive in something interesting- and I don't mean the 4x4!

Old 27 Dec 2012, 15:14 (Ref:3182226)   #15
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just a bit far from York. Hope you all have a good time.
Old 27 Dec 2012, 18:35 (Ref:3182260)   #16
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post

As in Magistrates Court? Got my very first speeding fine there,76.5mph along Pall Mall in a Lotus Elan,I did stop and wait for the Police Hillman Minx to catch up though,so they only 'did' me for speeding,they forgot about a few 'sideways' moments.
Old 27 Dec 2012, 19:07 (Ref:3182263)   #17
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Its a possibility from us . . . have an engine being delivered for inspection and to discuss rebuild spec etc . . . . if thats done and dusted we may well come along. The cortina rad has decided to start ****ing a hot jet directly at the distributor when its warm so the scoobydoo will probably be the transportation device of choice . . . its unlikely I'll be bothered to take it out and try and solder it up . . .again!
Old 27 Dec 2012, 19:16 (Ref:3182265)   #18
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower View Post
As in Magistrates Court?
No, as in 400 yards from Bo locks
Old 27 Dec 2012, 19:19 (Ref:3182266)   #19
Hunter1300
Racer

Hunter1300 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by morninggents View Post
Just a bit far from York. Hope you all have a good time.
Could be tempted by a car share if you really wanted I'm only in knottingley w.yorkshire
Thou not fully sure wots on offer.... But if it gets me out the house for a day....
Old 28 Dec 2012, 07:17 (Ref:3182364)   #20
Kevin Cooke
Rookie

United Kingdom
London SW1
......enjoy the brunch, my plan to come has been thwarted by the need to do some work, have to pay for the racing somehow!!

Regards

Kevin
Old 28 Dec 2012, 08:41 (Ref:3182378)   #21
JFW
Racer

JFW should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have been looking for this thread for the last 3 week's . Have now double booked. Sorry chaps.
Old 28 Dec 2012, 08:53 (Ref:3182381)   #22
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
May be able to pop along between errands - getting MOT at present, wish me luck as funds are rather depleted after Christmas !
Old 28 Dec 2012, 08:58 (Ref:3182383)   #23
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFW View Post
I have been looking for this thread for the last 3 week's . Have now double booked. Sorry chaps.
The discussion was hidden in 'tea break' so not so easy to spot. Lesson learned, separate thread earlier next time!

Just done 7 miles on cycle to get some fresh air (and rain), so ready for sitting in car for 2hrs. In case anyone missed it in tea break Claire has reserved space under 10-Tenths name from 1100. So if you don't spot a noisy rabble ask......

Old 28 Dec 2012, 08:59 (Ref:3182386)   #24
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Ryan View Post
wish me luck as funds are rather depleted after Christmas !
What, for lunch or MOT? Hope you make it.
Old 28 Dec 2012, 09:35 (Ref:3182392)   #25
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
What, for lunch or MOT? Hope you make it.
Both now you mention it