Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 12 Jul 2016, 19:56 (Ref:3658588)   #226
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
'Zones' were the second half of each straight!

It was so very odd to be caught under braking as opposed to under acceleration and or in a straight drag race. The polar opposite of a Cortina GT!

I've never raced on Avons, but I'm reasonably confident in saying I'd have been worse!
Both cars were doing about 200 kph on straight.

The two teams proved that the 356 can be a decent quick race car that proper drivers enjoy.

Let's hope there is a resurgence of interest in them.

For to long the mainstream Porsche gang have hindered there exposure
Old 13 Jul 2016, 05:35 (Ref:3658645)   #227
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
I hope the silly grin on my face every time I got out of Little Nob summed up my thoughts on the cars! I've also raced against Bill & Will in their Coupe and watched them from pitwall in other Peter Auto races regularly beating 911s. Fantastic little cars. I'd put 200kph on the Mulsanne as a conservative estimate.

And as a 1954 drum braked car, 'LN' is eligible for a wide variety of race series. I just need to win the lotto........
Old 13 Jul 2016, 06:24 (Ref:3658649)   #228
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Sure we can come to arrangement when you have that win!

The Stevens family car in my eyes is the ultimate 356 .

A Speedster GT with a push rod engine as original.Only seven produced

Better than the Carrera2 GT four cam which is the car I owned for many years but still want a push rod Speedster.

Problem is need Father Bill to prepare it!
Old 13 Jul 2016, 08:56 (Ref:3658658)   #229
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
The relative simplicity of the design has a lot going for it, most good product is far from complex, just very well considered and executed. It also minimises the requirement for servicing and reliability issues. Clearly the quality of production plays a big part in that.

Harrys lap timer suggests 208 KPH max. about 130 MPH.
Old 14 Jul 2016, 16:34 (Ref:3658840)   #230
henk4
Veteran

Netherlands
Rozenburg, Holland
henk4 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridhenk4 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
For all of you who were there or possibly not:

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/event...s-Classic.html

We have not included all 400 cars in the pictrue gallery, if you are interested in seeing stuff of your car, don't hesitate to contact us.