Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 4 May 2015, 23:39 (Ref:3534140)   #401
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Any chance that Ash Walsh was the Erebus version of Nelson Piquet Jnr?
Old 5 May 2015, 00:02 (Ref:3534145)   #402
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
ford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley View Post
Is it just me who hears 'Coke Life' and pictures an altogether different, and somewhat less wholesome image?

I may never see it the correct way again now
Old 5 May 2015, 00:08 (Ref:3534148)   #403
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan52 View Post
Any chance that Ash Walsh was the Erebus version of Nelson Piquet Jnr?
Has been offered up in other forums, but lots of people were off the track today including some very experienced steerers.
Old 5 May 2015, 00:23 (Ref:3534154)   #404
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Has been offered up in other forums, but lots of people were off the track today including some very experienced steerers.
Including the 6 times champion
Old 5 May 2015, 04:02 (Ref:3534189)   #405
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Still doing it..
[URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/GTRMagic/media/CD4B3DEF-2CB9-4AC7-9E91-16D012B0F7AC_zps0wqm1gnn.png.html][/URL
..and says on her blog that CCA dont 'sponsor' her
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 5 May 2015, 04:13 (Ref:3534193)   #406
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm glad Betty likes it, I think that Stevia stuff is vile.
Old 5 May 2015, 04:36 (Ref:3534197)   #407
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
she wrote a really good facebook post today, thanking everyone, well everyone except Solar Australia
Old 5 May 2015, 06:15 (Ref:3534215)   #408
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
she wrote a really good facebook post today, thanking everyone, well everyone except Solar Australia
Do the stickers cost more than the sponsorship?

Old 5 May 2015, 06:26 (Ref:3534222)   #409
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Its not hard to wonder why they are struggling to gets sponsors on board...
Old 7 May 2015, 19:08 (Ref:3535226)   #410
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What ever way you look at it three podiums in three categories was a special weekend
Old 8 May 2015, 00:39 (Ref:3535321)   #411
Accident
Veteran

Accident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
I remember when they had the camera heading towards Betty after the race and saying out loud towards my laptop "it's a great result, and I'm super happy that we've got the Solar Australia car running up front for those guys, it's the best 'thank you' we can give them for coming on board this year" and then facepalming when she didn't even mention them and did her regular "I- I- I don't know what to say, I just want to thank all my guys" with almost teary eyes thing. I remember it was the same thing with Lee's win last year just after Tapout came on board.

They really need to get her out of the picture. She's had her chance to be the "PR-bringer" but she has had so many opportunities to plug the sponsors that she has wasted. They shove the camera in her face and go "oh look there's Betty she's so quirky and passionate" but she's terrible at this "game." They need to stuff her in the back of the garage and get someone to be the team representative that understands how to make sponsorship shout outs and such.

I'm frankly shocked at how bad they are about it really. It's not just Betty though I guess, it's just easy to pick on her since she gets the most opportunities in front of the camera. Ryan... Maddison(?) doesn't seem great at it either, they have talked to him a few times and I don't remember him mentioning any sponsors either, but a few times they have talked to him have been during pretty tense times in the garage with his headset on, so it's more understandable that he would forget it. Come to think of it I can't remember Will plugging the sponsors either really though, and Ash hasn't had any sponsors to fail to plug I guess so it's hard to rate him on it. Betty has had so many chances though and they are really squandering the attention she is given.

Last edited by Accident; 8 May 2015 at 00:47.
Old 8 May 2015, 03:40 (Ref:3535378)   #412
mikuni
Veteran

mikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I get it about mentioning the sponsors but it doesn't actually have to be that way. It is kind of a modern, PC way of conducting an interview, really.

WE get it. EVERYBODY gets it. We can read the side of the car, the stickers all over the overalls, the cap on the drivers head. We know it takes money to get to the grid, and the sponsors help here. Sure a simple thank you wouldn't go a miss, but I hate it when the drivers or team owners begin spouting on about the "Sponsor sponsor team racing with help from sponsor" etc.
Old 8 May 2015, 03:49 (Ref:3535379)   #413
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikuni View Post
I get it about mentioning the sponsors but it doesn't actually have to be that way. It is kind of a modern, PC way of conducting an interview, really.
Its just peak time, it doesn't have to be Lowdnes-esque rattling off all the sponsors, but a big thank you to the MAIN sponsor SURELY would help.
Old 8 May 2015, 04:10 (Ref:3535384)   #414
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Its just peak time, it doesn't have to be Lowdnes-esque rattling off all the sponsors, but a big thank you to the MAIN sponsor SURELY would help.
Since Erebus seems to be the main sponsor... maybe they did....
Old 10 May 2015, 08:23 (Ref:3536037)   #415
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Still going...

Old 10 May 2015, 10:21 (Ref:3536064)   #416
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Cambridge Gardens, NSW, Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If Coke weren't willing to name sponsor a team since the 90s totally missing out on how strong it was between 2000 - 2014 why would Betty think they'd jump in now with the series in heavy viewer decline ?
Old 10 May 2015, 10:39 (Ref:3536068)   #417
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckshot View Post
If Coke weren't willing to name sponsor a team since the 90s totally missing out on how strong it was between 2000 - 2014 why would Betty think they'd jump in now with the series in heavy viewer decline ?
The more interesting point might be that CCA is undergoing something of a revenue & earnings crisis, with the 'usual' strategies & tactics in market and with customers, not driving sufficient volume take up and growth to keep the parent company & the screen jockey's amused.

There is a view that there isnt a potential consumer who doesnt know what Coca Cola is, such that any brand advertising, as opposed to trade marketing, might not increase volume consumed.

Except when the volume goes backwards year on year, that warmth goes into 'last year' mode, and new and interesting brand marketing strategies hit the floor, with a view to saturating the airwaves again

Does this mean a V8SC package is possible? Sure.

Probable? Hard to know. Some sponsors dont like to compete head to head with others in their space, as not winning has nothing to do with the product they are trying to flog. Pepsi & Red Bull (and to a lesser extent Rockstar) are direct competitors after all.

With Erebus? Are they the best game in town? Maybe not... I always wondered how cool a 'Coca Cola Red' HRT Commodore fleet might look...

Old 10 May 2015, 11:11 (Ref:3536078)   #418
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckshot View Post

Betty needs to bring Captain Chaos onboard, that'd get the job done
Old 24 May 2015, 22:48 (Ref:3540860)   #419
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Erebus Under Review

Mr Little makes a lot of sense in what he has shared..

Wonder what direction they will head in now...
Old 25 May 2015, 00:33 (Ref:3540886)   #420
Chappelli
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Chappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting read...

A lot of it at odds with "Betty's reality" of it being a new team and a business.

Be interesting to see if it become the change the team needs to push forward or an affront to the ego that delivered the most dramatic backwards step in living memory.
Old 25 May 2015, 00:39 (Ref:3540889)   #421
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chappelli View Post
Interesting read...

A lot of it at odds with "Betty's reality" of it being a new team and a business.

Be interesting to see if it become the change the team needs to push forward or an affront to the ego that delivered the most dramatic backwards step in living memory.
I think you could safely say that the 'reality' for the team owner who operates in absentia might be the messages coming from the leadership team of the racing business. If you have a serious day job, are located in a different city to the race team, its not unreasonable to rely on the management you put in place to give you the whys and wherefores on what is going on.

Mr Little seems to have identified that there are things that could be done differently, hence his manifesto with options, reported to outline those kinds of things, with potential solutions.

Sounds like solid progress. Time for action...
Old 25 May 2015, 00:51 (Ref:3540893)   #422
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
One would suspect that Mrs Klimenko partakes in the activity sitting upon her own hands in recent times, with regards to the financials of the team.

Could not be too difficult to imagine that Mr Little, Mr Maddison and Mr Ryan have suggested Mrs Klimenko either stump up the funds to push forward, or to simply cut her losses and sell up.
Old 25 May 2015, 13:13 (Ref:3541042)   #423
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
One would suspect that Mrs Klimenko partakes in the activity sitting upon her own hands in recent times, with regards to the financials of the team.

Could not be too difficult to imagine that Mr Little, Mr Maddison and Mr Ryan have suggested Mrs Klimenko either stump up the funds to push forward, or to simply cut her losses and sell up.
It isnt clear, but you might hope the GT package is included in the review as well.. the need to repower the fleet, the use of a second facility when there is arguably capacity space-wise in the Yatala base (SBR ran 3 main game and a Development series car from here..)
Old 25 May 2015, 23:04 (Ref:3541221)   #424
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The two dormant CotF chassis might be consuming that space, though.
Old 25 May 2015, 23:23 (Ref:3541230)   #425
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Campbell Little is not a bad substitute for Ross Stone.

Can't hurt to have the GT team more integrated with the V8 team, after all they are more successful.

While you might question Betty's actions sometimes, isn't the core of the team good enough as Campbell Little says?