Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 8 Oct 2012, 08:51 (Ref:3148050)   #51
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Does anyone know where I can get a copy of the FR race that was on ITV4 yesterday, because my Sky box stopped recording around lunch time and missed the race.
Old 8 Oct 2012, 08:59 (Ref:3148059)   #52
Flavio Galtieri
Veteran

European Union
Modena
Flavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peat View Post
Congrats Scott Malvern.

I must admit, i had lost interest in the championship after going to rockingham and seeing Seb Morris drive off into the distance.

FFfan, please pass on the congratulations from us tenthers.
Well Seb certainly didn't disappear into the distance yesterday!

Malvern got the job done, shadowed Morris and set a new lap record to boot!

Great drive!
Old 8 Oct 2012, 09:19 (Ref:3148066)   #53
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
Yeah, i didnt really finish that post.

I meant that early in the season, Morris's car looked and sounded like it was a different formula and i assumed that Ginetta were buying him a CV....

So, i was pleasantly surprised to see that Scott was not only in with a chance, but held the cards going into that last race.

I'm no fanboy, but Scott's results the last 2 seasons speak for themselves. Some preciouis drivers wouldn't be able to handle a late deal, let alone a team change mid season. Fair play. Good old fashioned raw talent.
Old 8 Oct 2012, 10:43 (Ref:3148127)   #54
Flavio Galtieri
Veteran

European Union
Modena
Flavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peat View Post
I'm no fanboy, but Scott's results the last 2 seasons speak for themselves. Some preciouis drivers wouldn't be able to handle a late deal, let alone a team change mid season. Fair play. Good old fashioned raw talent.
Spot on.

A shame Sky F1's new documentary series "Britain's next F1 star" seems quite happy to travel to Wales, Chipping Norton and Kings Lynn but for some reason Barkingside is out of bounds.....

It can't be an age thing as Dean Smith is included and he's 24. It can't be a talent thing as one of the drivers has never won a single seater race in his life.

It must just be that the producers are simply not paying attention.....

Last edited by Flavio Galtieri; 8 Oct 2012 at 10:44. Reason: literal
Old 8 Oct 2012, 14:30 (Ref:3148255)   #55
W.A Trichlorostyrene
Veteran

W.A Trichlorostyrene should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Grats to Scott and his team, well deserved.

I really hope to see him back on track next year.
Old 9 Oct 2012, 19:28 (Ref:3149003)   #56
Deemun
Racer

Deemun should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A Trichlorostyrene View Post
Grats to Scott and his team, well deserved.

I really hope to see him back on track next year.
I echo that sentiment. Scott has proved even more so what a great driver he is this year. One could argue that his spectacular 2011 success was expected because he was with the best team, had a great car and a year of experience under his belt where he'd already demonstrated his talent by finished as runner up in the UKFF championship in what was considered an uncompetitive car.

But this year he arrived unprepared; his car was less than perfect at the start of the season (letting him down when he was due for a dream debut win at round one at Snetterton) and he had to go through the upheaval of switching teams mid-season. Both teams that he drove for were highly inexperienced compared to championship regulars such as Antel, Fortec, Hillspeed and MGR and of course there was the highly rated and hotly fancied Seb Morris (as featured in Britain's next F1 star on Sky Sports F1) and Josh Webster the 2011 championship runner up returning for a third campaign.

You have to admit that the odds were stacked against Scott this time around; especially as two of the six circuits were completely new to him with no possibility of a pre-event test. But he came through all of this and pulled it off and showed that he could compete well in a car with wings on when others suggested he would struggle.

Great job Scott! Unfortunately the establishment and those in a position to assist you seem unwilling to do so but you have shown that you have staying power and resilliance and a will and dedication to succeed.

Let's hope you get the opportunity you richly deserve to continue!
Old 10 Oct 2012, 12:18 (Ref:3149368)   #57
Deemun
Racer

Jamun Racing planning three car entry for 2013

http://www.renaultsport.co.uk/champi...1/Default.aspx
Old 10 Oct 2012, 12:37 (Ref:3149381)   #58
alias99
Racer

alias99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well done Scott. Very surprised he didn't get picked for the KX Academy. You could maybe understand RSF saying no but KX really! They picked someone who won Mazda MX5 championship over British FF and FR BARC champion....
Old 10 Oct 2012, 16:51 (Ref:3149517)   #59
ivanalesi
Veteran

Bulgaria
ivanalesi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I had the feeling they would choose someone from tin-tops because they want to sponsor them in Clios or BTCC, but I think it's so wrong! One can learn much, much more in a single-seaters than in a slow moving tin-top. Having excelled at FFord, I'm pretty sure Scott would have any MX5 or whatever champion for breakfast. He beat the excellent Seb Morris for the title, but he surely looked like a much better funded driver on Sky and one with proper karting background. Having so many ppl around him at his age shows the level of investment he can enjoy. So, I have absolutely no idea how they managed to choose MX5 champion over multiple FFord record holder.
Old 10 Oct 2012, 17:06 (Ref:3149526)   #60
EastonNeston
Veteran

EastonNeston should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As has been stated, many many times, before, organisations offer erring funding & running driver scholarship schemes do so based on their own criteria, including who they feel will best represent their brand & give the best return on investment.

While some here may not like that fact, it's the situation that exists. For Tesco, the finalists selected represent the best, in the judges opinion, of the entries received, and the finalists do include some very good drivers.

Yes, Seb Morris does have substantial backing, good for him, he still has to produce results on the track to keep racing. The thing about receiving backing from commercial organisations is that when the accountants decide the cost is greater than the benefits, the backing stops. Likewise, if the accountants feel the cost is greater than the benefits, the funding won't be approved. The fact is unless you have a 'patron' providing the funding, on a commercial level most racing doesn't provide a net benefit to a company.
Old 22 Oct 2012, 11:35 (Ref:3155830)   #61
roscoracer
Rookie

United Kingdom
London
roscoracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just a quick point on the kx thing. Did Scott actually apply? If not then there is your answer.
Old 22 Oct 2012, 14:38 (Ref:3155890)   #62
FFfan
Racer

FFfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFFfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFFfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by roscoracer View Post
Just a quick point on the kx thing. Did Scott actually apply? If not then there is your answer.
Yes Scott applied; his application was duly acknowledged & then politely turned down. There could only be 12 finalists & clearly didn't meet thevselectors criteria.

To be honest we were not entirely surprised. He was of course disappointed as he felt his credentials warranted at least being selected as finalist if not one of the eventual 6 beneficiaries but looking at the 12 that have been selected I think we counted 10 who were either currently competing within or had in the past competed within the TOCA support package and save for Scott's recent Silverstone championship winning event and a one off appearance for Formula Ford in 2010 Scott is not seen there.
Old 25 Oct 2012, 14:55 (Ref:3157506)   #63
Deemun
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFfan View Post
Yes Scott applied; his application was duly acknowledged & then politely turned down. There could only be 12 finalists & clearly didn't meet the selectors criteria.

To be honest we were not entirely surprised. He was of course disappointed as he felt his credentials warranted at least being selected as finalist if not one of the eventual 6 beneficiaries but looking at the 12 that have been selected I think we counted 10 who were either currently competing within or had in the past competed within the TOCA support package and save for Scott's recent Silverstone championship winning event and a one off appearance for Formula Ford in 2010 Scott is not seen there.
Good to see in Autosport magazine today that Scott is a candidate for British Club Driver of the Year. Would be great to see him win that one in recognition for his effort this year even though there is no financial reward with it.
Old 2 Dec 2012, 23:27 (Ref:3174362)   #64
qwertyuiop
Rookie

United Kingdom
herts
qwertyuiop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anybody know when 2013 dates will be released?
Old 2 Dec 2012, 23:52 (Ref:3174371)   #65
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deemun View Post
Good to see in Autosport magazine today that Scott is a candidate for British Club Driver of the Year. Would be great to see him win that one in recognition for his effort this year even though there is no financial reward with it.
Good to see that Malvern won the award.
Old 3 Dec 2012, 12:52 (Ref:3174609)   #66
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kipper View Post
Good to see that Malvern won the award.