Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 8 Jun 2007, 15:21 (Ref:1932389)   #1
skid mark
Rookie

Qatar
Rutland
skid mark should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hall & Hall

Does anybody know how many vehicles Hall and Hall are currently looking after? Their business just seems to have grown and grown over recent years. I know they look after Tom Wheatcrofts cars and have just moved from the old BRM testing station at Folkingham to the old Pilbeam place in Graham Hill way in Bourne. It is only up the road, i wouldn't mind a look inside I bet it is like Aladdin's cave!
Old 8 Jun 2007, 15:48 (Ref:1932396)   #2
PeterMorley
Veteran

United Kingdom
Belgium
PeterMorley should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPeterMorley should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Certainly a lot of cars, here's a taster of what one corner of the workshop was like in April. (Sorry it is an awful photo - camera operator trouble).

(Photo removed by Peter following a request by an owner of one of the cars! - JT)

They are friendly enough (but rather busy) and the door still has the sign on it from Pilbeam days that says you're only allowed in with an appointment, but I think if you ask them nicely they'd let you in for a nose round.

Last edited by John Turner; 13 Jun 2007 at 07:33.
Old 8 Jun 2007, 18:19 (Ref:1932522)   #3
lynxlad
Rookie

England
lincs
lynxlad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hi skid mark,
the building has now been put in hall&hall livery with a smashing Chevron B21
in reception,and yes it is still visitors by appointment,i work across the road and know rob hall very well so i get the chance to sneak alook most weeks
the brm transporter is now back after refurbishment and it does look good,also in the compound is the tyrrell transporter, inside a ferrari 195 lotus 24 p1 lola t70 chev spider ferrari 212 inter vignale ferrari 250 lusso chevron b21 ,it`s all in the careful hands of Robert,who is still finding time to race abroad most weekends,if you live not far away why not take a trip across to Bourne next sunday 17th to the classic car show,where on display will be two BRM`s plus a F500 Modus,BRM Tranporter and three f1 simulaters,entrance is FREE,website www.bourneclassiccarshow.co.uk up to 200 entrants plus itv4 are filming used car roadshow from the show.
cheers
lynxlad
Old 8 Jun 2007, 18:21 (Ref:1932530)   #4
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
The answer is to call Rick and ask him if you can visit.He is a good bloke
Old 8 Jun 2007, 19:09 (Ref:1932561)   #5
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I got to know Rick and Rob[Fowler] at the very start ,my ex-boss >Arthur carter,bought 4 BRMS from them,all different types.Rick,as John say,s ,is a very nice,approachable sort.I would just phone and ask!
Old 8 Jun 2007, 21:19 (Ref:1932694)   #6
Gary Critcher
Racer

England
London, England, UK
Gary Critcher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
is that a Lotus 49 in that photo??
Old 9 Jun 2007, 08:36 (Ref:1932977)   #7
skid mark
Rookie

Qatar
Rutland
skid mark should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Thanks for the info lynxlad. I think next weeks show is a must, I will bring the old man along for fathers day!
I met Rob a few years ago when he was using Karting to get his hand back in prior to a season in the Fiesta one make championship. I always like to say hello when I see him at a meeting, but these are obviously when they are at their busiest and have clients etc to keep happy.
Old 9 Jun 2007, 09:12 (Ref:1932999)   #8
PeterMorley
Veteran

United Kingdom
Belgium
PeterMorley should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPeterMorley should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Critcher
is that a Lotus 49 in that photo??
Yes it is a 49, the cars are:
McLaren M2A
Lotus 49
The 49 is ours, parts taken from a 49 when it was converted into a 49B on a new tub.

Last edited by John Turner; 13 Jun 2007 at 07:31.
Old 11 Jun 2007, 10:44 (Ref:1933805)   #9
macca
Racer

macca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
McLaren M2A? One of the 1966 F1 cars? It certainly looks like one, but I thought there weren't any known to be surviving, and that Ron Dennis was desperate to get hold of one.........

Paul M
Old 11 Jun 2007, 12:11 (Ref:1933910)   #10
lynxlad
Rookie

England
lincs
lynxlad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hi skidmark
be sure to stop by and say hello to fellow ten-tenner i`lll be wearing hi-vis as i am chief steward for the event,take alook at our clubstand Bourne Motor Racing Club i`ll be about there somewhere,ask someone they will contact me by radio.best wishes.
lynxlad(steve)
Old 11 Jun 2007, 12:44 (Ref:1933954)   #11
PeterMorley
Veteran

United Kingdom
Belgium
Quote:
Originally Posted by macca
McLaren M2A? One of the 1966 F1 cars? It certainly looks like one, but I thought there weren't any known to be surviving, and that Ron Dennis was desperate to get hold of one.........

Paul M
Did I mean M2B?
There are two cars one belongs to Donington the other an American.

I'm sure Ron knows who to make the cheque payable to if he was really desperate to get one!
Old 11 Jun 2007, 12:53 (Ref:1933968)   #12
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Always assuming he has enough money left after Hamiltons bonus
Old 12 Jun 2007, 12:42 (Ref:1935014)   #13
macca
Racer

macca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterMorley
Did I mean M2B?
There are two cars one belongs to Donington the other an American.

I'm sure Ron knows who to make the cheque payable to if he was really desperate to get one!
IIRC the M2A was the Olds-powered tyre-test car, the first in F1 to have a wing in testing at Zandvoort, later written-off; the M2Bs were the pukka F1 cars, and that looks like one in H&H's - four-cam engine, inboard front springs, monocoque, wide top front wishbones................or of course it could be Pete Aron's WC-winning Yamura.......... so maybe Ron did buy it.

The one I'd heard he was after was the late Patsy Burt's M3 hillclimb car, now in the Donington Collection?

Paul M