Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 26 Jun 2007, 12:58 (Ref:1947228)   #51
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Overheating-Suggest you speak to Julian Bronson-He has solved the problem
Old 26 Jun 2007, 14:12 (Ref:1947276)   #52
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
extra coolant in the chassis rail ?

its was 35 degrees when we raced at Dijon, my engine temp was fine, but I remember getting worried about the gearbox oil, I think it got as runny as water, held up ok though ( I changed it after Qual to be on the safe side/ enable sleep that night!)
Old 26 Jun 2007, 15:05 (Ref:1947314)   #53
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
rogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks John. Yes, we had a good look at Julian's car. The issue was that we had ordered a new radiator but it was not ready in time for Dijon so it was always going to be marginal. Then we had issues with the oil cooler which just compounded the issue as the water was having to do all the cooling, hence the issue of it running very hot. Hopefully all this will be sorted in advance of its next outing.

Roger
Old 26 Jun 2007, 15:21 (Ref:1947325)   #54
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
rogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Dijon photos here from tomorrow if my French skills are up to speed:

http://www.gbphotosports.com/web/uploads/myphotos/GP_AGE_D'OR_2007
Old 27 Jun 2007, 07:02 (Ref:1947826)   #55
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Flavian and Vanessa Marcais new series race went very well and now to Paul Ricard.Understand it will be bigger and better next year A return to a proper Gents driver series.Races in UK and Ireland?
Old 27 Jun 2007, 07:09 (Ref:1947830)   #56
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston
Flavian and Vanessa Marcais new series race went very well and now to Paul Ricard.Understand it will be bigger and better next year A return to a proper Gents driver series.Races in UK and Ireland?
with Brands Masters race being cancelled infavour of Dijon it looks like they could be onto something....
Old 27 Jun 2007, 07:17 (Ref:1947835)   #57
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly
extra coolant in the chassis rail ?

its was 35 degrees when we raced at Dijon, my engine temp was fine, but I remember getting worried about the gearbox oil, I think it got as runny as water, held up ok though ( I changed it after Qual to be on the safe side/ enable sleep that night!)

Use Motul Zef,it just doe,snt break down.
Old 27 Jun 2007, 07:28 (Ref:1947843)   #58
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

Motel-Pace Motorsport -Haverhill Suffolk
It works for all our cars
Old 27 Jun 2007, 07:53 (Ref:1947869)   #59
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston
I had a good chat to them both. They plan to run at least 3 races in 2008 in the UK. Great additions to the calendar!
Old 27 Jun 2007, 10:40 (Ref:1948003)   #60
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
anyone would think you guys where sales reps for oil companies

I took the castrol out and put 76 in, been using it ever since, over 2 years wirthout a rebuild now and still drives like new, which effectively it is!

anyway, back on topic . . .look fforward to seeing some pics, I'd like to see the U2TC times if anyone has them as well, good to see LC driver met Roger.

Roger, he's the only other nutter in Western Europe who races a GT!
Old 27 Jun 2007, 11:07 (Ref:1948019)   #61
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jugding from conversations I,ve had this morning,its a great shame that I had a p---y birthday party to go to last Saturday!!!It also would seem that Flavian& Vanessa realy know how to put a meeting together.Lets hope they carry it on,one comment was on entry fee,s and a comparison of Brands/Dijon!!
Old 27 Jun 2007, 13:42 (Ref:1948129)   #62
LC driver
Rookie

Netherlands
The Netherlands
LC driver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly
anyone would think you guys where sales reps for oil companies

I took the castrol out and put 76 in, been using it ever since, over 2 years wirthout a rebuild now and still drives like new, which effectively it is!

anyway, back on topic . . .look fforward to seeing some pics, I'd like to see the U2TC times if anyone has them as well, good to see LC driver met Roger.

Roger, he's the only other nutter in Western Europe who races a GT!
Watch out Zef, John is on his way with my new engine............it would be a difficult decission
Old 27 Jun 2007, 13:44 (Ref:1948134)   #63
LC driver
Rookie

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerwills
Dijon photos here from tomorrow if my French skills are up to speed:

http://www.gbphotosports.com/web/uploads/myphotos/GP_AGE_D'OR_2007
You already got your pictures Roger
Old 27 Jun 2007, 14:50 (Ref:1948170)   #64
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
esper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by LC driver
Watch out Zef, John is on his way with my new engine............it would be a difficult decission
so when can I give you my little present????????????????? still have a nice precrossflow manifold gasket not used from a 1500 headset. wrapped in chrismasspaper (didn't fit the ff)
Old 27 Jun 2007, 15:58 (Ref:1948224)   #65
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
I had no idea that you collected older parts Esper.
Old 27 Jun 2007, 18:02 (Ref:1948307)   #66
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower
I had no idea that you collected older parts Esper.
I should never have told you my wife is one year older than i am
Old 27 Jun 2007, 18:05 (Ref:1948312)   #67
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
well a NOS 1500 headset with true asbestos is a gem in a ff1600 and so the not used manifoldgasket goes to a well respected friend. as being dutch I must repeat this.
Old 27 Jun 2007, 18:08 (Ref:1948317)   #68
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
dont tell me i am off topic, the autojumble part of Dijon age d'or or better in the Linas era was terrific.
Old 27 Jun 2007, 19:56 (Ref:1948458)   #69
LC driver
Rookie

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by esper
dont tell me i am off topic, the autojumble part of Dijon age d'or or better in the Linas era was terrific.
I don't think the bore of that gasket is big enough for the red cortina haha
Old 28 Jun 2007, 07:12 (Ref:1948727)   #70
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Esper,if your wife is one year younger,doe,s that mean you had a misspent youth??
Old 28 Jun 2007, 08:57 (Ref:1948802)   #71
LAK
Racer

LAK should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLAK should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I have an update on Laurence Bailey having spoken to dad Tony this morning, who I am sure won't mind me sharing this with you. They are at home and thankfully Laurence is in fine spirits although suffering from a lot of very painful bruising. Nothing cracked or broken.

We didn't talk in depth but by the sounds of it the car is not as badly damaged as first feared. Of course it's taken a pounding and has some fire damage but structurally it seems sound. They will evaluate in depth in due course but they are very optimistic.

So good news all round, the most important being that Laurence is fine if somewhat in discomfort. It could have been a very different outcome but thankfully the car is very strong and the safety equipment stood up very well.
Old 28 Jun 2007, 10:53 (Ref:1948893)   #72
LC driver
Rookie

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAK
I have an update on Laurence Bailey having spoken to dad Tony this morning, who I am sure won't mind me sharing this with you. They are at home and thankfully Laurence is in fine spirits although suffering from a lot of very painful bruising. Nothing cracked or broken.

We didn't talk in depth but by the sounds of it the car is not as badly damaged as first feared. Of course it's taken a pounding and has some fire damage but structurally it seems sound. They will evaluate in depth in due course but they are very optimistic.

So good news all round, the most important being that Laurence is fine if somewhat in discomfort. It could have been a very different outcome but thankfully the car is very strong and the safety equipment stood up very well.
I am very glad it's going so well with Laurence he was our neighbour in Dijon. Wish him and his family all the best.
Old 28 Jun 2007, 18:27 (Ref:1949056)   #73
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Good news Lak,glad the car,s not so bad as well.
Old 29 Jun 2007, 09:37 (Ref:1949551)   #74
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
Good news LAK, and thanks for letting us know.

Personally I'm very pleasantly suprised the Trevor held up so well, I used to frighten my self in mine and it only had 130 BHP!

LCdriver, I have proper precrossflow gaskets, with BIG holes !