Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 25 Jun 2007, 14:17 (Ref:1946342)   #1
FISCracer
Racer

Wales
Surrey
FISCracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jeremy Hall

I got told at Dijon that Jeremy Hall is no longer in post. Is this true? (or is this 'old news') Does anyone know any more? - If true, there is bound to be massive speculation about the reasons why

I also understand Jim Lowry is training to be an FIA scrutineer. I have nothing in the least against Jim, but doesn't being in the trade and preparing cars for some competitors mean a serious conflict of interests when chwcking others?

Richard
Old 25 Jun 2007, 14:25 (Ref:1946351)   #2
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It possibly doe,s when you allow 1950s into an alleged FIA series.I,m given to understand that Jeremy has to concentrate all of his time on the car inspections in the States these day,s.And besides,if you wanted to,you could have a car built and when you go to collect it,you,would automatically get you,r HTP,how clever is that!!!

Last edited by terence; 25 Jun 2007 at 14:28.
Old 25 Jun 2007, 18:20 (Ref:1946577)   #3
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
well its not exactly rocket science, and anyway who in their right mind wouldn't offer the servive anyway ? to my mind it would only be the preppers who either know they've built bent cars or those that don't know what the're doing ?
Old 25 Jun 2007, 18:26 (Ref:1946584)   #4
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thats exactly my point Zef.
Old 25 Jun 2007, 20:59 (Ref:1946732)   #5
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
You know this now puts Jim in a very awkward situation,knowing that most of the cars in his series is 1950,how will he tell his customers"Sorry,You can,t Race Because you,r Engine is Illegal".Should be fun in scrutineering bays.!
Old 25 Jun 2007, 21:03 (Ref:1946735)   #6
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
esper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower
You know this now puts Jim in a very awkward situation,knowing that most of the cars in his series is 1950,how will he tell his customers"Sorry,You can,t Race Because you,r Engine is Illegal".Should be fun in scrutineering bays.!
its only a small change of rules , Equipe GTS is not FIA sanctioned but only followes it in a "friendly" way. besides most cars run on Avons not dunlops. its just a nice little series on lovely circuits with quite a few nice people which is the main asset of the series!
Old 26 Jun 2007, 08:41 (Ref:1947046)   #7
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Whilst listening to the commentary at Silverstone on Saturday,they kept banging on about the grid being made up of FIA Cars though.Yes,if the race is under 2hrs then they can use Avons,apart from the Granturas,they had to run Dunlop,s! Only a slight inconsistency in the rules.
Old 26 Jun 2007, 09:06 (Ref:1947062)   #8
Teddington Ted
Racer

Teddington Ted should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Equipe GTS tyre rules are a function of the weight of the car rather than the length of the race. I had a hand in developing the rule which is designed to penalise the lighter cars in a class by requiring them to run on Dunlops whilst allowing the heavier cars in a class to run on Avons.

I have only done one race with Equipe GTS this year and it was amazing how many cars were on Avons - and therefore, one assumes, over the weight limit !