Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 20 Feb 2015, 14:38 (Ref:3507061)   #551
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
the hashtag on twitter is cracking me up.

wtf is a #successhuntress?
A google image search for success huntress gives some interesting results, but oddly no pictures of the car!
Old 20 Feb 2015, 16:18 (Ref:3507094)   #552
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Nice shot

You can definitely see Rebellion R-One in it.
Old 20 Feb 2015, 18:05 (Ref:3507124)   #553
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm not fan of the front and aero looks sort of disproportioned. Bit of a generic feel to it too. And I actually do like R-One.

I'm sticking with HPD on top of the beauty contest with Oak distant second
Old 20 Feb 2015, 19:00 (Ref:3507143)   #554
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
TRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Really stunning! I love it.
Old 20 Feb 2015, 19:46 (Ref:3507155)   #555
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Looks like a nice addition to the ranks. A lot more 'generic' looking than the HPD or Dome, slightly less distinctive than the Ligier, but no complaints here.

OK, maybe one: shame to see them lose the distinctive headlights of the 03.
Old 20 Feb 2015, 20:12 (Ref:3507164)   #556
Giba
Racer

United Kingdom
Leeds
Giba should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks good, hope it looks as good on the track
Old 20 Feb 2015, 21:05 (Ref:3507176)   #557
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Old 20 Feb 2015, 21:06 (Ref:3507177)   #558
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Almost identical!
Old 20 Feb 2015, 21:11 (Ref:3507178)   #559
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Sensible from ORECA's point of view to get some economies of scale.
Old 20 Feb 2015, 21:25 (Ref:3507180)   #560
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I hope Rebellion cut a good deal on their price for the R-One.
Old 20 Feb 2015, 22:25 (Ref:3507198)   #561
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
I'm not fan of the front and aero looks sort of disproportioned. Bit of a generic feel to it too. And I actually do like R-One.

I'm sticking with HPD on top of the beauty contest with Oak distant second
Still think the Dome S103 is the best. But Im a little biased towards the Japanese constructors.
Old 21 Feb 2015, 02:39 (Ref:3507257)   #562
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Nice shot

You can definitely see Rebellion R-One in it.

Going by the backgrounds of these images has Hugh De Chaunac has been playing Grand Theft Auto lately?
Old 21 Feb 2015, 07:04 (Ref:3507283)   #563
YorkshireLad
Veteran

United Kingdom
skipton, north yorkshire
YorkshireLad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What's the regs on bodywork, the front has a winglet type protruding out.. Also air looks to be circulating just under the headlight and out in front of the wheel.
Old 21 Feb 2015, 10:22 (Ref:3507306)   #564
lms
Veteran

lms should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
KCMG's livery:

IMHO it's a gorgeous car and a beautiful livery. Cant wait to see the TDS 05. This year's lm24 is going to be awesome.
Old 21 Feb 2015, 14:47 (Ref:3507359)   #565
Dyson Mazda
Veteran

United States
Charlotte, NC
Dyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It will be interesting to see how many new cars Oreca, Liger, and HPD can sell after this statement by Vincent Beaumesnil a few weeks ago. I know if I was an owner I would wait this one out before dropping $750k on a car for 2 guaranteed full seasons. I think we might have a totally new and faster formula in 2017.

Quote:
First thing is we want something global, we want to reduce the cost of the car, and we want to make it a little bit faster. We think it is possible. So now we must decide one day there must be a change to achieve that. So we can say it is never time to do it, but at some stage you must say, OK, it will be '17. We announced that quite a long time ago. So the manufacturers have decided anyway to make new cars. It is their decision, we never pushed anybody to make new cars, and we said there will be a new car in '17. We don't want to be enforced by manufacturers who say, 'Oh, we have a new car so now you need to take our cars.' You knew that we were making a new car in '17. You decided to make it today, OK, but you already knew we would change in '17.
http://www.racer.com/aco-sporting-di...l-on-lmp2-2017
Old 21 Feb 2015, 15:02 (Ref:3507364)   #566
lms
Veteran

lms should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyson Mazda View Post
It will be interesting to see how many new cars Oreca, Liger, and HPD can sell after this statement by Vincent Beaumesnil a few weeks ago. I know if I was an owner I would wait this one out before dropping $750k on a car for 2 guaranteed full seasons. I think we might have a totally new and faster formula in 2017.
That guy is a tool. Cant remember any official announcement about the new lmp2 regs, much less a timeframe for their introduction.
Old 21 Feb 2015, 15:05 (Ref:3507366)   #567
Dyson Mazda
Veteran

United States
Charlotte, NC
Dyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by lms View Post
That guy is a tool. Cant remember any official announcement about the new lmp2 regs, much less a timeframe for their introduction.
That guy is also the Sporting Director of the ACO and if I am an owner I am listening when he opens his mouth.
Old 21 Feb 2015, 15:09 (Ref:3507367)   #568
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
The cars will probably be grandfathered for a season or two, giving you one to two more years to run in.
Old 21 Feb 2015, 15:14 (Ref:3507369)   #569
Dyson Mazda
Veteran

United States
Charlotte, NC
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
The cars will probably be grandfathered for a season or two, giving you one to two more years to run in.
I think the chassis might be. I also think that the new engines will be around 500 hp so they are going to have to invest in new powerplants if the ACO does go this route and they intend on being competitive.
Old 21 Feb 2015, 19:07 (Ref:3507437)   #570
Mike E
Veteran

The Nissan V8 is already rated at 450bhp in restricted form. 500bhp would be easy to achieve.
Old 21 Feb 2015, 20:46 (Ref:3507469)   #571
TF110
Veteran

United States
Any of these engines can go up in power. Theyre so restricted its sad compared to what some of the engines produce in street trim.
Old 22 Feb 2015, 07:21 (Ref:3507598)   #572
TzeiTzei
Veteran

Finland
TzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
The Nissan V8 is already rated at 450bhp in restricted form. 500bhp would be easy to achieve.
Are you sure about that? I think last year Gustavo Yacaman said that the Nissan was maxed out at about 470bhp. Higher than that and it became unreliable.
Old 22 Feb 2015, 15:21 (Ref:3507672)   #573
Mike E
Veteran

The Pilbeam MP100 has been testing at Midvaal ahead of next weekend's 6 hour race at Phakisa. Described by the team as very successful. There are a few pics and a couple of very short video clips on their Facebook page.
Old 22 Feb 2015, 21:22 (Ref:3507776)   #574
TF110
Veteran

United States
Sard Morand testing at Aragon as well- http:// http://facebook.com/pages/Te...29023140632893
Old 22 Feb 2015, 22:21 (Ref:3507820)   #575
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
New England
Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
The Pilbeam MP100 has been testing at Midvaal ahead of next weekend's 6 hour race at Phakisa. Described by the team as very successful. There are a few pics and a couple of very short video clips on their Facebook page.

Links ?